1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does God need to be praised by us or do we need to praise Him?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by moffey, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Angelic

Angelic Active Member

Best Answers:
    not true, you stOx can choose to do evil, you can, God will not violate your free will; God wants you to love Him voluntary, love has to be voluntary or it is not love at all, that's why he gave you a free will to choose between good (you love Him) or evil (you love sin).

Angelic, Nov 29, 2011 IP
  2. Angelic

Angelic Active Member

Best Answers:
    (Romans 8:17) Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.

(Romans 8:18) I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.

(Philippians 3:10-11) I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead.

(Colossians 1:24) Now I rejoice in what I am suffering for you, and I fill up in my flesh what is still lacking in regard to Christ’s afflictions, for the sake of his body, which is the church.

(1 Peter 1:6-7) In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.

(1 Peter 4:1) Therefore, since Christ suffered in his body, arm yourselves also with the same attitude, because whoever suffers in the body is done with sin.

Angelic, Nov 29, 2011 IP
  3. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The theme seems to be that pain is relative and temporary.
    That made sense. First comfort I've felt in two days. Thanks, Angelic.

Corwin, Nov 29, 2011 IP
  4. warloky

warloky Peon

Best Answers:
    Some rich people are good and some rich ones are evil. Then there are poor people that are good and some poor ones that are evil. The point of this thread seems to be that it pays to have gratitude (and be respectful) to whom or that which we think is smarter than us that don't treat us like robots and puppets.. lol

warloky, Dec 20, 2011 IP
  5. warloky

warloky Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course there are those that get carried away too much they offer everything they have, and think, to god. And don't offer anything to themselves..

warloky, Dec 20, 2011 IP
  6. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly.

I've learned a lot about charity by studying Christ's example. Like Christ, I only help those that will appreciate what I do for them, and not spit at my assistance. I look for gratitude and respect.

While this is how Christ behaved, Christianity does not teach this!

Corwin, Dec 20, 2011 IP
  7. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I thought Jesus killed himself for the sins of all mankind regardless of their gratitude. lol

Nima, Dec 20, 2011 IP
  8. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you are wrong. lol

Corwin, Dec 20, 2011 IP
  9. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    then why did he sacrifice himself (god) for people he's never saw? How did he know they'd deserve it? Or are mankind working hard now to please god to qualify as worthy for jesus's sacrifice?

Nima, Dec 20, 2011 IP
  10. Angelic

Angelic Active Member

Best Answers:
    Christ's sacrifice is for ALL PEOPLE (Christians, Muslims, Jews, Atheists...) who accept His sacrifice and believe in Him.

(1 John 2:2) He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

(John 1:29) The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

(John 3:16) For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

all who accept Christ's sacrifice as payment for their sins and obey His commandments are Christians in God's eyes and will be saved (no matter where they are in this world); and all who reject His sacrifice and don't obey His commandments are not Christians in God's eyes (even if they are called Christians in this world) and are on their way to hell.

Angelic, Dec 21, 2011 IP
  11. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Are you trolling or trying to earn a facepalm ?

ApocalypseXL, Dec 21, 2011 IP
  12. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    what's your point?

Nima, Dec 21, 2011 IP
  13. thesickearth

thesickearth Active Member

Best Answers:
    Does it mean you don't belive in God's Plan?

thesickearth, Dec 21, 2011 IP
  14. Angelic

Angelic Active Member

Best Answers:
    Angelic, Dec 21, 2011 IP
  15. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The simple answer to the OP's question in my view is both.What is the point of life? Are we here to merely reproduce then die? I will never believe that this is all there is.If it were so then life becomes absurd.So what is it all about? I believe we are in our own ways to discouver our creator.Therefore religion has a purpose,helping us in that quest.It teaches us how to praise him.
    Does God need to be praised by us? Well why did he bother to create us? It is a symbiotic relationship,we love him and he us,and apon death we are reunited.Yes that is a simplistic view,I admit it but it affords me comfort.

Spoiltdiva, Dec 21, 2011 IP
  16. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That is an intelligent question, but is different from the ignorant question you first wrote:
    If you can't understand what question to ask, then no answer will satisfy you, right?

Corwin, Dec 21, 2011 IP
  17. warloky

warloky Peon

Best Answers:
    The atheists are probably humans too with the same feelings and emotions like gratitude for something good come their way. If they feel this too, it makes no difference if their thanksgiving is addressed to the god of the christians, muslims, arabs, hindus, buddhists, shinto, horus, quetzelcoatl, etc.

warloky, Dec 22, 2011 IP
  18. warloky

warloky Peon

Best Answers:
    Angelic, you give to God his own good nature and qualities, what do you give yourself?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
    warloky, Dec 22, 2011 IP
  19. warloky

warloky Peon

Best Answers:
    If you think he's wrong, it's still a reason for you to be grateful, that's there's somebody who offers you and others, a different picture of the universe, a variation of the perspective of things in creation.

warloky, Dec 22, 2011 IP
  20. warloky

warloky Peon

Best Answers:
    You may be missing the point. You don't have to expect people to be grateful that you had helped them. It's your own decision that you did. And you need not chase with a gun those that you helped but didn't give a bit of a thanks. In short, it's not their gratitude that counts, it's yours. For what? For being helpful to them with or without their gratitude..

warloky, Dec 22, 2011 IP