1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Internationally Binding Contracts?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by hitboy, Dec 16, 2011.

One of my new projects involves a partner in the UK. I am based in the US. I am worried as we need some type of contract that would be binding in both countries for our partnership agreement. Anyone have any ideas about how to go about this. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

hitboy, Dec 16, 2011 IP
  2. druidelder

druidelder Peon

Best Answers:
    You should talk to lawyers on both sides of the pond. Just because something is contractually listed and enforceable here in the US, that does not mean it would be enforceable in UK courts. So you nmight think you have protection and have none. The contract needs to establish the nature of the partnership (or contractor relationship if not really a partner) and the process by which disputes will be resolved (arbitration, US courts, UK courts, home court of the plaintiff, home court of defendant, etc...).

You might be able to find a local lawyer that is current with US and UK law, but that is probably a long shot.

druidelder, Dec 20, 2011 IP
  3. hitboy

hitboy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    These are very good points thanks definitely follow this

hitboy, Dec 20, 2011 IP