1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Keyword focused stratergies

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by Glynn2005, Dec 18, 2011.

Hi,

I am wanting devise an SEO strategy for the company I work for but only have a basic knowledge of SEO.

Can anyone give me some basic methods for targeting particular keywords that I have identified and want to focus on?

I understand that there are methods like Article Submissions, Directory Submissions, Press Releases, On Site Blog Updates, Social Bookmarking that can be used to get links and increase traffic, but I do not understand how these methods can be used to increase my page's prominence for certain keywords that I have identified that I want to focus on.

Can anyone explain how and if the above methods can be used to increase my page's prominence for certain keywords that I have identified and any other on and off site methods to achieve this?

Glynn2005, Dec 18, 2011 IP
  2. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To be honest, the time it would take to explain Keywords would take too long. Just keep reading around here to get a better idea.

kjh-08, Dec 18, 2011 IP
  3. seomarketinggurus

seomarketinggurus Guest

Best Answers:
    The most basic way to find keywords is to use the google keyword tool to find keywords with searches. Then put them on your website and your title tag and use the same keywords as the anchor text of the articles or blogs that you are linking back to your website.

seomarketinggurus, Dec 19, 2011 IP
  4. marcustaylor

marcustaylor Guest

Best Answers:
    Yep - have a look at the Google keyword tool to find out which terms are getting the most volume and then i'd recommend doing some link building around them as well as a bit of on-site seo - if you google 'link building' or on-site seo you should be able to find a few good resources.

marcustaylor, Dec 19, 2011 IP
  5. Phil Comforthost

Phil Comforthost Peon

Best Answers:
    Keyword research is very important. You say you have identified some which you want to focus on, that's good, but as suggested above, you may want to check them out on Google's Keyword Tool. This will show you how often the keywords are searched for and give you other variations or possible keywords to consider as well or instead of. If your website is relatively new, then it will be easier to rank on 'long tail keywords' - keywords of 4 to 5 word length rather than 1, e.g. 'plumber in falmouth cornwall' rather than 'plumber'.

When you have identified your keywords, then you can use these as 'anchor text' in your article submissions, signature, etc. Example: your website url is plumbersRus.com but in your article the link to your website will use the anchor text 'plumber in falmouth cornwall' and look something like <a href="http://www.plumbersrus.com">plumber in falmouth cornwall</a> So now Google sees these keywords linking to your website, and that will help your website to rank for those keywords.

There are many other methods to help with your on/off page SEO, this is just a simple explanation of this small part, but i hope its a help! Good luck :)

Phil Comforthost, Dec 19, 2011 IP
  6. Davina

Davina Peon

Best Answers:
    Use the google keyword tools and if u are understanding those methods, you should create piramid backlink. that will make your keyword strong and identic with your site.
    because of when we create piramid backlink, we have an high keyword, standard keyword and long tile keyword.
    high keyword used by your money site [this is tire 1], standard keyword used by tire 2, and long tile keyword used by tire 3.
    you can search in google if need it.

Davina, Dec 19, 2011 IP
  7. Travers22

Travers22 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am reading a book entitled "search engine optimization an hour a day". It has helped so far although I am only halfway through. Comes with a $25 adwords certificate as well if you are small and just beginning.

Travers22, Dec 19, 2011 IP
  8. kolopira012

kolopira012 Banned

Best Answers:
    great share

kolopira012, Aug 16, 2012 IP