1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The value of directory back links?

Discussion in 'Google' started by Holiday99, Dec 18, 2011.

I have been looking into improving my site's page rank and there are a lot of companies offering a massive amount of back links from directories for very little money, relative to how long it would take me to do. But I wonder whether directories actually have any value? Should i bother?

Holiday99, Dec 18, 2011 IP
  2. Rysk100

Rysk100 Peon

Best Answers:
    From my experience links from directories are of very little value, less than article directories and web 2.0 sites

Rysk100, Dec 18, 2011 IP
  3. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Depends on the quality of the web directory.

dcristo, Dec 18, 2011 IP
  4. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Most of the directories doesn't help much due to the low PR on inner page and huge number of OBL

lifeplayer, Dec 18, 2011 IP
  5. potshr

potshr Peon

Best Answers:
    the worst thing about the directories (and that is even in the eyes of search engines) that they have almost no content, just links, links and links. And to this some companies make up lots of directory websites and what do you need to do actually, just copy paste the code and a directory structure is ready for use. that ways you can get an offer of any rate to get listed as much. prefer quality, they are long term.PlaceOnTop.com

potshr, Dec 18, 2011 IP
  6. Renatus

Renatus Member

Best Answers:
    No doubt that directories are really a great way to gain backlinks and PR juice....provided that you know what you are doing.

Renatus, Dec 18, 2011 IP
  7. CaseyM

CaseyM Peon

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't bother

CaseyM, Dec 18, 2011 IP
  8. mukluknation

mukluknation Peon

Best Answers:
    I conducted an experiment a couple of years ago on a new website about Chicago Graffiti Artists. I limited myself to directory links and on-page SEO only. After about 6 months of non-stop link building, my website barely broke through to the first page. I tried the same marketing campaign in New York, also about graffiti, and this time I focused on blogs, articles, and videos only. As you can imagine, the NY market was a lot competitive, but my marketing efforts yielded much greater results. In fact, time and time again I've discovered that directories have a lot return on your time investment.

mukluknation, Dec 18, 2011 IP
  9. somacorellc

somacorellc Peon

Best Answers:
    This. I've found that many directories are just meant for links and more links without any real relevant content. Esp. after the Panda update you're gonna see a lot of these kind of sites start to lose rankings. I woulnd't bother at all.

somacorellc, Dec 18, 2011 IP