1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where should I promote my website?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by frenchy, Dec 15, 2011.

Hello all,

I'm new on this forum, so if you want to know a little more about me, you can find a post in the introductions section of the forum. I'm very happy for finding this forum, so I'll hope i'll find good information and that my english won't be too bad. :confused:

Basically, what I did is a website offering a complete 10 steps guided tour of Paris, in France. This site is intended for the toursits in Paris, who want to follow a free guide online, on their Ipad or smartphone. This is just like following a normal guide (as many people do once they are in the city) but the difference is that it's free, you're free to choose where you want to start off and what you want to visit, and you'll be able to see the 10 most popular things in Paris (Eiffel tower, Notre dame, Moulin rouge, etc...). No need to buy a guide or a map, everything is indicated: subway signs, directions, street names,... you really just have to follow the guide:

http://www.onlineparistour.com/index.php

I put a link of my website, because I'd like to have your point of view as regards to:
    where should I promote my website?

Where do you think is the best place (forum, website, article websites, etc...) for me to put backlinks in and have the maximum amount of visitors? My target audience are tourists from around the world, but i'd like to start with american forums and website to start off (American toursits are a lot to come every year). I was thinking about travel forums. Do you know the best ones in the USA?
    You might know some popular toursitic websites for example. I'd be very interested to be introduced to this kind of website.

So please feel free to have a quick look at my website, to give me some feedbacks (positive or negative) and to tell me any advise that you might have as regards to the promotion of my site. Again, the website does contain a few mistakes because I wrote it all by myself. But I recently got in touch with a canadian translator who's gonna correct the mistakes.

Thank you very much in advance [​IMG].

frenchy, Dec 15, 2011 IP
  2. taylor40plus

taylor40plus Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    One great place is forums, of the same niche market, but use a signature rather then just putting a link in, otherwise you get banned, forums and blogs are a great way to kick start, also do few banner exchanges with the same sort of niche you are promoting, this is what i did, and now my site is doing 60k a month of the same niche, so the traffic is good.

Good Luck with your site
    rob

taylor40plus, Dec 17, 2011 IP
  3. raj7064

raj7064 Peon

Best Answers:
    social bookmarking sits, facebook, blog commenting etc. will do for you.

raj7064, Dec 18, 2011 IP
  4. 7thAmigo

7thAmigo Peon

Best Answers:
    Start with Facebook and Twitter. Then move on to forums and blogs.

7thAmigo, Dec 18, 2011 IP
  5. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You need to do some reading here on the General Marketing Threads. It takes time to learn this stuff and don't expect someone to give you the Golden answer.

kjh-08, Dec 18, 2011 IP
  6. samadnet

samadnet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Social n/w , forums , blog comments , guest blogging etc.

samadnet, Dec 18, 2011 IP
  7. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are so many methods of generating backlinks, and you should try and use as many of them as you possibly can.

Be sure to include social bookmarking, blog comments, forum profiles, one way high PR links, blog posts, etc.

WebDev

WebDev Solutions, Dec 18, 2011 IP
  8. CaseyM

CaseyM Peon

Best Answers:
    Do some link exchanges with other tourism/Paris websites

CaseyM, Dec 18, 2011 IP
  9. nikkalala

nikkalala Peon

Best Answers:
    i will go for link exchanges for relevant blogs...

nikkalala, Dec 18, 2011 IP
  10. JOYMachine

JOYMachine Member

Best Answers:
    Hi frenchy,
    Really informative site. You should work a bit on design also :) It is a bit dry...

You should definitely work on it, lot of potential in it...

First get some links on sites about Paris... Paris accommodation, hotels, souvenirs... Some other niche that is related to Paris is a good idea, they will not see you as competition, and yet it is highly relevant ;-)

JOYMachine, Dec 18, 2011 IP
  11. sksinghsanjeet

sksinghsanjeet Peon

Best Answers:
    facebook, social bookmarking and blog commenting etc. will do for you.

sksinghsanjeet, Dec 19, 2011 IP
  12. praddy

praddy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree with @JOYMachine that you need to work on your website design it look bit incomplete. Before linkbuilding have you done keyword research for your website because that will help you to target your main area. Social media being the first thing you need to start to do first. For link building you can outsource your work.

praddy, Dec 19, 2011 IP
  13. frenchy

frenchy Peon

Best Answers:
    Waaw, so may replies. Thanks a lot guys, I really appreciate it.

I'm gonne work a bit more on the web design, because is is indeed a bit simplistic. I managed to get Photoshop, if I rememlber well this software assists with web designing. I'm gonna have a look at it.

Anyway, thanks a lot, I really do appreciate external points of view. It really helps to see the mistakes and the points we should be working at.

frenchy, Dec 19, 2011 IP
  14. Endless Rain

Endless Rain Member

Best Answers:
    Promote your site in social networking sites just like Facebook. You can also create a facebook fan page for your site so that your visitors can see a lot of photos about your tours. You can get a long with your fans and can interact them in asking questions or subscribing to your newsletter.

Endless Rain, Dec 19, 2011 IP
  15. Player33

Player33 Peon

Best Answers:
    You can own the first page of Google if you know SEO and the correct way of backinking. We have several trusted members that know how this is done. I happen to be one of those people.
    Happy Holidays

Player33, Dec 19, 2011 IP
  16. parkppc

parkppc Active Member

Best Answers:
    Paid Traffic--You just pay and get instant traffic that is also way a good way to promote

parkppc, Dec 19, 2011 IP