1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does Every Small Business Need A Website?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by queensWebDesign, Oct 9, 2011.

1. focusedlife

focusedlife Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi guys. If I may, I started my offline marketing career marketing a service that instantly appealed to local offline businesses. I catered to what they really wanted and needed...hi quality, targeted leads.

I didn't do web design. I did lead generation using classified ads and direct response videos. Companies understood that and were thrilled to know that I was speaking their language because I was catering to what they really wanted....new customers.

If you can fulfill a need, cure a pain, bring them closer to pleasure and SHOW that you can accomplish this then they will buy from you and you will have a successful business.

So hope that was helpful.

focusedlife, Dec 13, 2011 IP
  2. Raisin

Raisin Active Member

Best Answers:
    I tell business owners to think of their website as a business card that can hold more info. You can often do business without a card to hand out, but it's a nice way to tell people who you are and how they can get in touch with you. It can also bring in customers you might not otherwise have.

Many local businesses will spend thousands on phone book listings but will then balk at the idea of spending a few hundred to get a website. The customer base of people searching for a business in the phone book is shrinking everyday. More people are typing a keyword into Google to find things locally. If your business isn't showing up in the search results then you're more than likely going to lose that customer to a competitor.

Raisin, Dec 13, 2011 IP
  3. ogurtsov alexey

ogurtsov alexey Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have a small shop for customers who live near, you do not need the website of course.
    Similar examples could be cited.

ogurtsov alexey, Dec 14, 2011 IP
  4. tyrinfordmaster

tyrinfordmaster Member

Best Answers:
    yess ofcourse, it is important for all small businesses

tyrinfordmaster, Dec 14, 2011 IP
  5. N22227

N22227 Peon

Best Answers:
    no, for example stand with hotdog doesn't need it:)

N22227, Dec 14, 2011 IP
  6. focusedlife

focusedlife Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Marketing, is an ever changing and ever evolving force. The internet helps for those that can understand how to leverage it, IMO. If the next big thing is sky writing...I'm sure that there will be many that say "If you aren't sky writing then you'll be out of business soon..."

If that were true then we would not still have radio advertising or local classified sites (Although, I do see the classifieds drying up locally...).

focusedlife, Dec 14, 2011 IP
  7. samcapra

samcapra Peon

Best Answers:
    No doubt about it. People assume no website not a credible business.

samcapra, Dec 14, 2011 IP
  8. focusedlife

focusedlife Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    True, however, if you are thinking about scaling...don't you think it might be easier to do so with a website?

focusedlife, Dec 14, 2011 IP
  9. james080

james080 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, everyone wants to promote their business from locally to globally. Nowadays everyone uses computer & has access to internet. It will be best to have a website.A website with good online marketing strategy to promote your website over internet, will gain you better business results.

james080, Dec 16, 2011 IP
  10. web3k

web3k Member

Best Answers:
    Personally, I wont buy from a business (unless I have no other choice), unless they have a website. That doesn't mean I always buy online, though a website should at least allow you to suss out the business, product etc before wasting time going out to the store. In this day and age, and with websites so cheap to get developed, there's no reason why most small businesses should have them

web3k, Dec 16, 2011 IP
  11. leadgeneration

leadgeneration Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi every one ,
    In my opinion this is not a necessity to have web site for every business. But web presence always give a positive progress to any business. One of my friend handling cleaning business through a website which getting good business lead (http://www.orbitgroup.com.au/). So i think having a website of any business is highly advantageous .

leadgeneration, Dec 16, 2011 IP
  12. electronicsworldinfo1

electronicsworldinfo1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes You are saying right. This is the fist point to how to develop the best in modern world and provide the best information about our business.

electronicsworldinfo1, Dec 17, 2011 IP
  13. electronicsworldinfo1

electronicsworldinfo1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Electronics info is not combined to free electronics but it comprises every single electronic item that is available in the market. Get free electronics info about the items.

electronicsworldinfo1, Dec 17, 2011 IP
  14. jeffbeer

jeffbeer Member

Best Answers:
    A website? No.
    A web presence? Absolutely.

Social networks and profiles on related websites is more than sufficient over building your .com. However, a serious business nowadays should own a .com to protect its image from any potential jokester/ competitor.

jeffbeer, Dec 18, 2011 IP
  15. jeffbeer

jeffbeer Member

Best Answers:
    Dang, I totally missed your post! Sorry about the reiteration, but glad we share the same philosophy :)

jeffbeer, Dec 18, 2011 IP
  16. focusedlife

focusedlife Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you don't have a web presence, I think, you better damn sure have a strong offline marketing presence.

focusedlife, Dec 18, 2011 IP
  17. paragon24

paragon24 Peon

Best Answers:
    Why is this even a question. All evidence suggests It's a requirement for businesses to have a web presence. A website is just a means to a particular problem (being found on the internet). More people are turning to the internet to (re)search for solutions to their problem because it's easier, and they expect to be able to find out everything they need to know without needing to contact you. This is always ideal, It cuts down on the small businesses wasted time for basic inquires a website if done correctly and is user focused is fit to handle. This is not even mentioning the power of using social media to funnel leads into your website (now your website becomes a flytrap of sorts). The value is unspeakably immense ESPECIALLY for small businesses.

paragon24, Dec 18, 2011 IP
  18. Alvinjoe

Alvinjoe Peon

Best Answers:
    In this modern earth everything is change even the promoting methods.Its the time of internet so site is important for today's time.
    Site definitely helps your Business.

Alvinjoe, Dec 18, 2011 IP
  19. Chris Jorgensen

Chris Jorgensen Member

Best Answers:
    eventually yes, but you can still go out there and market yourself easy without one. Untill you have enough to get one. Best idea would be a mobile website that's the future!!

Chris Jorgensen, Dec 20, 2011 IP
  20. lakeceo022

lakeceo022 Peon

Best Answers:
    For the rise of any businessman or the CEO or the Leader Hard work, concentration and the experience are the most important but with these qualities you only can achieve the goal but also need a good and effective communication skills.
    For more information related to this please visit:
    Speak like a ceo and the way ceo speaks

lakeceo022, Jan 6, 2012 IP