1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling Google News site, made over 7k in total so far

Discussion in 'Sites' started by foofighters, Dec 6, 2011.

Newspanel, is an established multi niche news blog, which primarily focuses's on reviews, technology, health, sports, business, entertainment, general news and so on.

Site worth?

Well, most people say, a site is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, and i believe that is true. Most google news sites sell for an average of 6k. If you take the 430 news sites on the site also and say each of them were an average of $5, that would equal to $2150 then the 6 months revenue, your looking around 8 - 20k
    Why am i selling?

I started Newspanel as a hobby, as i love writing about news in general. I started NP where i wanted it to on the same level as the Independent, The Sun, The Mirror ect. But, now, i do not have the time anymore to work on NP, as i'm 17 years old, in college and i have a lot on my plate right now. I tend to spend around 1 - 3 hours a day on NP writing and advertising the site around the web.

Why Newspanel is an great buy

I personally believe NP is a great buy for those who love writing about news, as well as reading it. 'Newspanel' is a unique name and the name is well reconisied throughout the news industry. The setting stone is already set, all Newspanel need's now is someone to show it more love than i can show it and take it to the next level.

Companies coming to us for sponsorship deals as well as paid submmissions

We have companies like Samsung contact us for paid review submission reviews, we have on most ocassions allowed to keep the products (which was nice)
    Someone from digitalpoint has also contacted us about a possible Press Release submissions, where they would pay us around $50 - $60 per release. - His details will be passed on to the winning bidder.

You get our site writers also

We have 5 dedicated writers who provide news on all topics throughout the site, we also get a lot of emails from contributors who wish to write for us for free, mostly from countries such as India, Signapore, ect. I accepted a few articles but, i couldn't be bothered checking for copyscape on the articles ect.

Our relationship with ebuzzing.co.uk

ebuzzing is a news site/blogging network that allows publishers to monetise their blogs by posting content. We have been with them for around 2 months now and have made nearly $190. We could of made around another 400 dollars on top of that, but we missed out on some of the campaigns our country manager emailed us (some emails didn't get to us) issue has now been fixed with the email account.

Making money with Fiverr

I thought we could make some money with Fiverr with the news site. So i decided to setup an account where we post articles on the site, in exchange for a $5. It's going really well and we are making around 5 - $20 a DAY with this. we will the winning bidder the account to continue with this service.

Why you should miss out on Newspanel

1. Newspanel has been turned into a brand name, and i have worked hard on SEO for the site. Which all has been done WHITEHAT, only.
    2. Over 60 percent of the traffic NP receives is organic.
    3. A lot of work has been put into NP - Nothing much needs to be done other than work on SEO, which will increase the site's revenue.
    4. The site is included into Google News. Great platform to showcase your news and reach a worldwide audience.
    6. The website has an active Facebook fan page (www.facebook.com/newspanel and twitter page (twitter.com/_newspanel). So the buyer don't need to worry about the social media exposure of the website.
    7. The site is a good money earner.
    These are some of the main reasons why the buyer should buy www.newspanel.co.uk

Earnings

Adsense earnings alone - May $792 June $1130 Jul $1090 Aug $1330 Sep $1490 Oct $1590
    see adsense screenshot attachment on right hand side.
    $190 so far from ebuzzing.co.uk
    $32 from fiverr
    Total so far - $7644

Reason why i put revenue down to $82 for this month of November is because my Adsense account was hacked in the month of novemeber, on the 12th novemeber. When at first, i showed some one who was intrested in buying the site off me, showed him on teamviewer, then he asked me if he could have access to the adsense account so he could see the full break down of traffic and revenue, i stupidly gave him my password and he changed it and logged off from skype.

I am in a battle currently to get my adsense account back with october's earning's still in, but because Adsense do not reply to emails, it looks like im in a losing battle to get my account back, as well as the earnings for October.

and i can't remember what i got from adsense in november from the 12th and it would be wrong for me to put down an estimation, 82 dollars from november was from fiverr and ebuzzing.co.uk

Adsense was also banned a few weeks ago because we posed a significant risk to advertisers after compiling a file with the reasons why this should of happened, a month and 2 weeks later we had our ban lifted.

Traffic details

I also tried selling the site on Digitalpoint forums some weeks ago, a potential buyer was interested. and i added him as an admin to the analytics for the site, but for some reason, we are missing loads of traffic stats, i don't know if he deleted something or what, but when i logged in the next day, it went to 0.

Site had well over 700k unique visitors in total throughout the months. lost that due to what happened with the guy i added to analytics, refer to the awstats and pm me for analytics data for last month.

Re added the analytics i have so far and i have added our awstats as well, we moved from godaddy hosting to hostgator as i found out one of the servers i was on at godaddy was hacked, so they setted up a security feature on the server i was on, and also a 302 redirect which basically meant it was hard for crawlers and most importantly google news to pick up our news stories. Since we moved to hostgator the issue was fixed itself.

foofighters, Dec 6, 2011 IP
  2. course575

course575 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Please verify the domain if you looking to sell a site for thousand of dollars. No one is going to shave off thousands of dollars just like this. I know you have attached screenshot, but this forum has an inbuilt system for domain approval which is considered to be more reliable. I hope you get my point. Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
    course575, Dec 6, 2011 IP
  3. mahno

mahno Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    This site is not rendering correctly in Chrome/Firefox - look in the top left corner.

mahno, Dec 6, 2011 IP
  4. course575

course575 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Is the site still included into Google News? In most cases, once the adsense gets banned for the following reason as stated by you "significant risk to advertisers", they disapprove from google news as well. Can you confirm on this thing.

course575, Dec 6, 2011 IP
  5. foofighters

foofighters Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for you input. I have verified ownership. thanks

Can you post a screenshot please, all fine on my side. thanks

I said my account appeal was uplifited a few weeks back, it says so in the description. Of course the site is still included into google news, i wouldn't post this as a site that is included into google news if it wasn't. I'm sure people will check if it's in google news before they buy the site and no, i have no idea about that, why would they kick you out because an adsense account got banned. Google news and Adsense are two different platforms.

6. Aion

Aion Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Do your 5 dedicated writers write for free? if not, how much does it cost to hire them?

Aion, Dec 6, 2011 IP
  7. foofighters

foofighters Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I have my own writers, usually, i will get them to write around 40 articles per month, and for around $200 paid in total.

We also get contributors also, usually around 10 posts a day come through via emails but i can't be bother to scrutuinze the articles via copyscape, so that's another area someone could work on.

8. mahno

mahno Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Here is Chrome screenshot:

screen.jpg

mahno, Dec 6, 2011 IP
  9. foofighters

foofighters Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hmm, i thought it was a major fault? It's just some little text. Any idea on how to get rid of it? thanks

10. PopaWoody

PopaWoody Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    You sound pretty inept at running a web business. I read through this thread and constantly have shaken my head at the DUMB things you have done. You gave someone your AdSense password? Are you freakin nuts? Really?

PopaWoody, Dec 6, 2011 IP
  11. rmxhost

rmxhost Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hmm. Why do you have less unique visitors per month than pageviews? How's that possible? Or is it that you're excluding bots from pageviews, but still counting them as UVs?

rmxhost, Dec 6, 2011 IP
  12. foofighters

foofighters Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    yea i know, i was silly.

i have no idea, i doubt there's anything blocking any visits to the site, have made no changes.

13. foofighters

foofighters Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Attachments added

foofighters, Dec 7, 2011 IP
  14. foofighters

foofighters Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    don't miss out guys

foofighters, Dec 7, 2011 IP
  15. foofighters

foofighters Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    had few esquires so far.

foofighters, Dec 8, 2011 IP
  16. bender2003

bender2003 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    Hi This is your second time for the same website but unfortunately this time in two months no revenue became 7000 usd do you have a brief explanation or not?
    scam.JPG

bender2003, Dec 10, 2011 IP
  17. foofighters

foofighters Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I was banned from adsense. I filed a long list of documents to adsense to prove with didn't do nothing wrong. after a month waiting for a response, we had our account suspension lifted.

foofighters, Dec 11, 2011 IP
  18. snka

snka Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Owner of this website has tried to steal me, so be careful when trading anything with this people!

snka, Dec 13, 2011 IP