1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get clients for Web Hosting Company?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by locomotion, Dec 12, 2011.

Well I have some cash in hand and I would like to start a web hosting business, I have examined all the risk and cost.

The question now is, where do I get clients?

locomotion, Dec 12, 2011 IP
  2. ColinLiang

ColinLiang Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the more important thing is to think about your positioning. There's just so many different hosting companies out there that even with the best client generation strategies you'll have trouble getting any. What's the angle your company will be taking?

ColinLiang, Dec 12, 2011 IP
  3. locomotion

locomotion Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Cheap Shared Hosting, money back guarantee, live support.

locomotion, Dec 12, 2011 IP
  4. ColinLiang

ColinLiang Peon

Best Answers:
    Pretty much everyone else does those things. Hosting can't really get much cheaper.

ColinLiang, Dec 12, 2011 IP
  5. amido

amido Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well that was my idea too to start online work is bulid a web hosting company so i will tell you was i was plan to do
    1- get a good reseller from good company
    there are more host companies in web give us this is choose so when i want to choose for my reseller i should be sure that the server will work well that for me to keep my clients in my home lol
    2- seo
    i was want to used google adwords & facebook ads too to make me get traffic fast then got a clients fast too
    3- talk with websites owners
    i was search and found that the ppl like to work with them friends so i will make a friendship with web owners for talk them supports
    4- good prices
    it maybe make you get too much rich if you choose your right prices
    5- more than 1 host plan
    there are some like to have host for month and one for 3,6 months or year you should keep that at your mind
    6- wish you all luck

amido, Dec 12, 2011 IP
  6. BeyondDriven

BeyondDriven Peon

Best Answers:
    Amido listed a lot of good ways.

Another is to actively participate in forums. Try to genuinely help people out, answer their questions and leave you link in your signature.

BeyondDriven, Dec 13, 2011 IP
  7. SOLOWPOET

SOLOWPOET Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is Great Advice..Especially the Online Money Making and IM NewbieForums.

SOLOWPOET, Dec 13, 2011 IP
  8. wounded1987

wounded1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    rank your domain 1st page in google for web hosting and you will get more clients then from forum posting....
    there are more strategies I think you need to put more thought into it as it's doesn't sound so easy.

I have been in the related business to web hosting for nearly 2 years and I think I can also start a web hosting business in the near future, and altough it's not hard process it does require other stuff, for example the most thing i'm worried about it customer care and that is a good thing to outsource to companies that manage your servers.

You also need to create a good image for your host business, a short catchy domain that will probably cost $1-2k with good front design (that can cost $3-10k) and attractive design is just 1 step, but you also need presences, affiliate base and so forth....

wounded1987, Dec 13, 2011 IP
  9. SOLOWPOET

SOLOWPOET Active Member

Best Answers:
    My friend some pertinent post with backlinks from Relevant forums with High PR Ranking will help to Achieve the Google 1st page Ranking you Talk about ..Share some of those strategies-LOL- Of course some On Page SEO Would be very helpful,But don't underestimate those MANUAL Forum post to achieve that first page Ranking....I Have Achieved That 1st page ranking Quite a few times FOR VERY POPULAR KEYWORDS..Especially Using those .EDU bACKERS

SOLOWPOET, Dec 13, 2011 IP
  10. mcm1428

mcm1428 Peon

Best Answers:
    As mentioned above the problem is hosting is cheap these days. I even own a hosting company which gives free hosting. It took a long time and alot of money to get alot of people to join my hosting and that was for free.

mcm1428, Dec 13, 2011 IP
  11. Tomastamm

Tomastamm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    adwords, sms marketing

Tomastamm, Dec 13, 2011 IP
  12. jhardy2008

jhardy2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    Make your official website and promote it to generate queries.

jhardy2008, Dec 13, 2011 IP
  13. wounded1987

wounded1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i guess you know better ;)

wounded1987, Dec 14, 2011 IP
  14. mnicklas14

mnicklas14 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If I were you, I would target numerous web design firms and try to partner up with them. Have them build your website, and give them deals on hosting if they host their clients with you. If you are able to secure "partnerships" like this with about 10 design firms you could easily start to spread your name around by taking a little pay cut in order to satisfy partnership agreements. Additionally, you could offer free hosting in return for an honest review on numerous forums, etc. Basically the biggest step will be to build a foundation of customers. Once you have a foundation, if you actually provide great service, they will do the work for you and refer others to you.

mnicklas14, Dec 14, 2011 IP
  15. amido

amido Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    maybe my list not good for you but i was plan to do it any way now i will change it lol
    thanks all

amido, Dec 14, 2011 IP
  16. nesrinamb

nesrinamb Member

Best Answers:
    well why don't you try to get affiliates with computer repair companies and web designers.

nesrinamb, Dec 14, 2011 IP
  17. webtosearch

webtosearch Member

Best Answers:
    dear you promote your business and also do some social activity then you get 100% result.

webtosearch, Dec 14, 2011 IP
  18. golfpro1

golfpro1 Peon

Best Answers:
    You could join many of the web hosting forums out there and let them be aware of your services

golfpro1, Dec 15, 2011 IP
  19. gotlivechat

gotlivechat Member

Best Answers:
    Competition, and subsequently advertising costs, are very high in the web hosting industry. Consider the deep pockets of 1and1, Godaddy, Netsol, etc.
    I've always recommended that prospective web hosts start geographically local -- contact local businesses and maybe mention how you can reduce their hosting costs by hosting with your business.

gotlivechat, Dec 15, 2011 IP
  20. digitaljockey44

digitaljockey44 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    To compete in web hosting industry you will need following:

1) 24x7x365 knowledgeable support staff including some tier 3 administrators
    2) automated billing software
    3) excellent web site
    4) Hardware infrastructure

once you have all this expect at least $200 cost for acquiring single customer (that is what big guys pay). If you don't have all above that, trust me don't take hosting business seriously or you will loose all your time and efforts, its not worth it. If you just want to do side income, signup for reseller program and try to market your company in your local area as web design company. How do i know all this, I work in hosting industry, its dead, only big guys like hostgator, godaddy kind have 95% market share, rest are resellers. Cloud and data center market is totally different game and is for professionals.

digitaljockey44, Dec 15, 2011 IP