1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestion script sellers should post a demo

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by malky66, Dec 11, 2011.

This is something that really annoys me and i know it annoys many others, the amount of people trying to sell a script but refuse to post a demo, usually with some crap like
    "I cant afford hosting" we all know there are many free hosts out there so that is a ridiculous excuse.

Usually the reason why they don't post a demo is because they are selling some nulled illegal crap.

The easiest way to stop this as far as i can see is to make it a condition in the scripts section that a seller has to post a public demo if they want to sell a script.

I and many other legitimate sellers wouldn't dream of trying to sell a script without posting a public demo and i think its about time something was done about this.

Regards Mal

malky66, Dec 11, 2011 IP
  2. Aquarezz

Aquarezz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Why don't you just ignore these type of threads? If you've bought enough on the internet, you know those people aren't the type of people you want to do business with. Like you say, if they can't even afford a decent host, it's probably not worth it.

Aquarezz, Dec 11, 2011 IP
    psharma likes this.
  3. kiranheartbeats

kiranheartbeats Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's not just ignoring the thread. Then the seller will go on selling nulled and warez script and scam innocent peoples. Maybe there should be option while opening thread to enter url of demo. I have seen countless people trying to sell warez items. It's my opinion.

thank you
    kiran

kiranheartbeats, Dec 12, 2011 IP
  4. ~~~~

~~~~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The report button is useful to report such illegal stuff + you can report to the original author.
    Also you can't force everyone to show a demo of a script that's on sale

~~~~, Dec 12, 2011 IP
  5. psharma

psharma Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It is seller's own wisdom that how he wants to convince the potential buyers. and
    It is buyer's own wisdon that how convinced he is to a sales thread by a newbie and without a working demo.

psharma, Dec 12, 2011 IP
  6. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Why cant you force a seller to show a demo? if they have no access to a server to show a demo how do they know the script even works?
    They can build it with xampp but scripts behave differently in a live server environment.
    In my opinion no demo just makes the seller look shady and obviously experienced webmasters would not buy a script without seeing a demo, but what about someone just starting out in the business and has no experience of how things are done, they will get ripped off left right and center, and i for one don't think that is fair.
    How hard can it be to make it a condition that a seller should show a demo?

malky66, Dec 13, 2011 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  7. psharma

psharma Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Do you think they are very succesful in selling warez scripts without demo on this forum? Who will buy from them? It is sellers's wish whether he shows a demo or not, but if you have proof that the script is warez or anything which is not allowed on dp, you can report it as spam.

psharma, Dec 13, 2011 IP
  8. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Yes i do, i see a ton of warez and illegal scripts on this forum and like i said in my previous post inexperienced people fall for it, i will say it again, why is it so difficult to make it a condition in the script section to make sellers post a demo?? the only reason they don't is because they have no right to sell the item, its hardly rocket science is it.
    I personally have reported warez sellers and nothing is done, its like talking to a brick wall.

malky66, Dec 13, 2011 IP
  9. psharma

psharma Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    No solution yet to that problem.

psharma, Dec 13, 2011 IP
  10. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Determining what is and what is not warez can be problematic. When reporting warez be sure you link to official site for the product which shows pertinent information regarding owners TOS, resale rights etc.

Smyrl, Dec 14, 2011 IP
  11. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Yes i agree, but surely if sellers are forced to show a demo when selling a script the majority of warez sellers will disappear from the forum altogether as they will be found out straight away and booted off the forum or just wont bother which as far as i'm concerned can only be a good thing for DP.

malky66, Dec 14, 2011 IP