1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Firefox - domainer's worst enemy

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by 1-script.com, Nov 6, 2006.

So, I've listened to W.M.R. Domain Masters podcast and in there Monty mentioned that some 67% of Web users still type the thing they are looking for into the URL field of their browser instead of going to G, Y! or other places to actually search for it. And, obviously, this seems to be the cornerstone of buying domain names for type-in traffic (assuming almost no one will actually add .com to the name of the thing they are looking for).
    With that said, it looks like only IE still automatically adds .com to any random typed-in word and tries that domain. Firefox, on the other hand, dutifully feeds that word into Google even though you suppose to type google yoursearch if you actually wanted to search for yoursearch on Google?

So, I wonder how many people in this forum realize that by promoting Firefox with the ubiquitous referral buttons (hoping to earn some $1/year) they are actually undermining their own business? Just a thought ...

1-script.com, Nov 6, 2006 IP
    disgust likes this.
  2. axemedia

axemedia Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm not a domainer so it does not concern me.

Besides, everything else about Firefox is a world of difference better than IE.

Love extensions!

axemedia, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  3. sarathy

sarathy Peon

Best Answers:
    Feeding google is actually a better choice than giving preference to .com alone for a word

sarathy, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  4. forkqueue

forkqueue Guest

Best Answers:
    Mozilla make a decent chunk of cash from the search redirection, so I can't see this being changed any time soon..

forkqueue, Nov 7, 2006 IP