1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Fix problem with my VPS

Discussion in 'Programming' started by jgman1, Dec 9, 2011.

Hello,

I have a VPS, and I just got a message today from the host saying that I have been going over my RAM limits. I have 1gb dedicated RAM, and 1gb burst. All I have running on this VPS is a single website (a forum, running a popular free forum script...). Bandwidth use has not been crazy (3.3gb so far this month), so I dont think it has to do with that.

Lately I have noticed that one of the email accounts I have set up on the VPS has been sending junk mail out, sometimes up to 6-7 emails in a day. I assume this is going out to a large list, so I figured maybe this could have something to do with it? I have no put a password on the email account, so I would think that would fix the problem? RAM use has not been lowered though...

My host has said they are having trouble connecting to the VPS through the node, which now makes me believe maybe I have a virus?

Please let me know what you think the issue may be, and what you will charge to fix it. I am hoping there will be a quick and simple fix to this...

jgman1, Dec 9, 2011 IP
  2. travelmoth

travelmoth Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You did not mention the most important thing....what's the OS?......Linux? Windows?.............

travelmoth, Dec 10, 2011 IP