1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Complex Web Applications

Discussion in 'Programming' started by slava, Nov 30, 2011.

I am looking to build a browser-based application. In a browser you see tabs, but really the information in the other tabs is not really there. The tabs are simply graphics. When one clicks on a different tab, the entire page reloads, and what was on the current tab is no longer there because you are seeing a picture, not a layered application. This means that there are a lot of page refreshes and it is difficult to hold onto the states of the other tabs. This information has to be stored somewhere.

I use a lot of context-sensitive input logic that needs to adjust to wherever the user clicks. This is much more complex than a simple data popup or a drop down box. These are complex controls.

So, the ultimate browser tool for me would be one that allows the browser to behave like a regular client application -- there doesn't need to be an entire page refresh (and the time it takes to do so) each time the context changes (which is constantly).

If you could direct me to a sample or real application that employs the versatility and speed I am looking for, fantastic. This is a heavy data entry application and speed is critical.

I need to know what platform the application can be built on, and a live demo example of something that currently uses that platform.

Once I get a proposal for the platform, I can discuss more details about the project with you. This is a complex, long-term project for approximately 6 months of development and a budget of $25,000.

slava, Nov 30, 2011 IP
  2. omgitsfletch

omgitsfletch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Uh, what are you talking about? Chrome, for example, runs an independent process for each tab you have opened, with its own memory resources, completely independent of the other tabs. When you switch between tabs, the browser does not refresh the page, it simply has to redraw on the screen from memory...

omgitsfletch, Nov 30, 2011 IP
  3. slava

slava Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Chrome is a web browser, I am looking for a web application. Something that can be rendered from a server to run inside a browser...

slava, Nov 30, 2011 IP
  4. JamesPh

JamesPh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Isnt what you're talking about simply JavaScript? Unless I'm mistaken and have read wrongly, you're asking to collect the data from the server, then while navigating through the page (such as clicking a new tab) you don't want to lose the data from the previous load, staying within the document but loading a different segment? Which is possible with using simple JS or a jQuery function such as toggle?

Unless I'm wrong, in which case I apologize for my misinterpretation.

JamesPh, Nov 30, 2011 IP
  5. omgitsfletch

omgitsfletch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Ah I get what you're asking for now. Well the closest thing I can think of would be a very intensive jQuery/AJAX type of website. You can create the different tabs and use CSS and what not to navigate between them without a page refresh, but you need one strong AJAX backend to keep the data sync'ed across all the tabs as you change things. The more tabs and more dependencies between them, the more complex the AJAX. Aside from that, doesn't sound like anything unreasonable, just tedious.

omgitsfletch, Nov 30, 2011 IP
  6. charitharanasingha

charitharanasingha Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Sent you a pm, have a look

charitharanasingha, Nov 30, 2011 IP
  7. Javed iqbal

Javed iqbal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I think with ajax, jquery, php, my sql this is easily possible.

If you send me more details, i can give you exact idea, what we will use how it will work.

javed3iqb is my gmail and skype. So please send me more details

Javed iqbal, Nov 30, 2011 IP
  8. slava

slava Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    One of my requirements was to show me a demo of a live application built on similar technology that you would use to develop this application. You do not need to be the author of the demo app, I just need to show it to a few folks to make sure that that is the road they want to take.

slava, Dec 1, 2011 IP
  9. stevenu

stevenu Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Try nuBuilder - Open source and Live Tabs.Its Exactly what you are looking for!

stevenu, Dec 4, 2011 IP
  10. stephan2307

stephan2307 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    I don't think that any framework or pre-written system will work for this project.

As the OP said
    Pre-written systems and frameworks come with code that is not always needed and thus take time to execute, require CPU time and use memory.

Looking at the budget and the information about the project (pretty much nothing) I assume this is a pretty serious project. Probably something to do with finance.

Anyway I think this requires something hand written from scratch so that it is possible to tweak it once the system is tested to get the best possible performance.

I am up for it. Hopefully the OP will come online again.

stephan2307, Dec 5, 2011 IP
  11. slava

slava Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I have selected a developer for this project, thank you to everyone who reached out to me.

slava, Dec 9, 2011 IP