1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Include prices on my website or just a contact form with a price request option?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by dandoro, Dec 9, 2011.

I have a medical tourism company and an online website associated with it. Do you think it's wise to display the prices for the medical services online, to be seen by everyone, or to display just a contact form for price requests, only for those who are really interested for the services offered? I saw that many competition websites choosed the second option. Anyway, I think that both options have their own downsides, but which one should I choose, though? What do you think?

dandoro, Dec 9, 2011 IP
  2. Toycel

Toycel Peon

Best Answers:
    Dependant on the country it is based in there will be laws associated with this.

However the second option is probably the better of the two as then you wouldn't be 'advertising' so to speak.

If you do use a contact form don't forget to use adequate spam protection.

Toycel, Dec 9, 2011 IP
  3. s&od

s&od Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As long as you're very clear on what services are offered and what they specifically are, i think option 2 will work just fine. Especially since it sounds like you're selling a unique service and not an actual product.

s&od, Dec 9, 2011 IP
  4. dandoro

dandoro Peon

Best Answers:
    It is located in an EU law regulated country. I don't think there is any law which regulates the online price display...
    And yes, I'm selling medical services, different medical procedures, cosmetic surgeries and stuff like that...

dandoro, Dec 9, 2011 IP
  5. s&od

s&od Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The only real downside for the customer having to fill out a form, is many people sometimes think they will have to wait forever to get the information they want, like pricing. Just earn their trust though, by telling them right on the form that they will get a response within 24 hours. Because with the services you're selling it will be all about trust. Also, if at all possible you may want to think about adding a live chat feature. I know sometimes that's not possible, but just a suggestion for those that have questions, as i'm sure they will. Good luck to you my friend. I wish you the best!

s&od, Dec 9, 2011 IP
  6. dandoro

dandoro Peon

Best Answers:
    Which would be the downsides of having the prices displayed right there, online? What do you think?

dandoro, Dec 9, 2011 IP
  7. s&od

s&od Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The only downside i would say to showing prices right there would be sticker shock. With an actual product people can shop and compare prices, but with what you're selling i'm not sure it's such a good idea. I suppose you could try it out for a bit and see what people say and the kind of response you get. Nothing beats testing in the web world.

s&od, Dec 9, 2011 IP
  8. dandoro

dandoro Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry for asking, but what's "sticker shock"? My english is not so good as someone could believe... :)

dandoro, Dec 9, 2011 IP
  9. s&od

s&od Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Oh sorry. By sticker shock i mean price shock. Someone seeing a large dollar amount and immediately leaving. Kind of like buying a car. Also, do you have a good bio of yourself on there?

s&od, Dec 9, 2011 IP
  10. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think it is a good idea in your case.

Tourism has lots of variables and there is no way you can cover every possible scenario on your site. Since every tourist and every destination is different, even on different days, every price will be different. It would be better to determine exactly what the tourist needs, then quote a price. Posting an online price and then being forced to raise it because of needs or peculiarities of the tourist will turn off most of your potential customers.

mmerlinn, Dec 10, 2011 IP