1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why do you think - Facebook is king of Social Network and Why any cant beat them ?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Spenzu, Dec 2, 2011.

HI

I am new to this forum , yes !

I was just surfing the digitalpoint today and in social network area , what I find is allmost all DP guys claim Its impossible or very hard to beat Facebook , But , personally I don't think so - No !Well , I am not sure , and 1 thing - I am not a newbie to online marketing , but yes - to DP ,Well guys please post your thoughts , why do you think it is impossible or very hard to compete facebook ?

Lets make it a hot discussion ;)

Spenzu, Dec 2, 2011 IP
  2. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Its impossible to compete against facebook because not many people have 5 million dollars to compete them.

However I have noticed a trend flop against facebook for the atmosphere of the place. A lot of people are turning away from it.

Laceygirl, Dec 2, 2011 IP
  3. ScarabWeb

ScarabWeb Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think another site can beat them, because of their application, features and advertisements.
    It is true that you need more money to beat them :)

ScarabWeb, Dec 2, 2011 IP
  4. Sharon Martin

Sharon Martin Peon

Best Answers:
    I won't say its impossible but yes, for now, it is very difficult to beat facebook.

Facebook offers everything... networking, entertainment, promotion etc.

Moreover, its very userfriendly and instant.

Sharon Martin, Dec 3, 2011 IP
  5. richt71

richt71 Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends what you mean compete? I do much better from linkedin but that's because Linkedin fits more my target market with 120 million business people with an average salary of $74k. But if you are trying to reach consumers then facebook fanpages are probably a better way to go.

richt71, Dec 3, 2011 IP
  6. Sharon Martin

Sharon Martin Peon

Best Answers:
    I won't say its impossible but yes, for now, it is very difficult to beat facebook.

Facebook offers everything... networking, entertainment, promotion etc.

Moreover, its very user friendly and instant.

Sharon Martin, Dec 5, 2011 IP
  7. Alan Smith

Alan Smith Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is one of the great networking site which provides different features like:

Creating business fan page by which you can increase your business brand awareness and traffic.
    It's ads campaign is different from other. In facebook campaign you can add image which is most important factor for business ads, because proper image says everything about your business.
    Due to it's millions and millions user you can get targeted traffic for your website.

Alan Smith, Dec 5, 2011 IP
  8. Alexxim

Alexxim Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I know a social network that is trying to beat them like Unthink.

Alexxim, Dec 5, 2011 IP
  9. Sonamseo

Sonamseo Member

Best Answers:
    nothing impossible.....facebook application, feature are good and user friendly so in current time no social network site going to beat facebook . But Google+ possible to give challenge to facebook.........

Sonamseo, Dec 5, 2011 IP
  10. moonbutt

moonbutt Peon

Best Answers:
    If someone of you guys have seen that video of linux i.e. " Truth Happens" , you would have been litle inclined to the thought that yes, facebook could be replaced.

Westren union said " Telephone has no commercial value"
    Ford(not sure) said " Cars will never cross the speed limit of 30km/hr"
    Bill gates said " 160kb of RAM will be enough for humans"

But Imagine these things now. Even the most visionary people fail to predict the future. Future is phenominal , surely a guy from Dormatiry or garage comes with something and rule out complascents .

moonbutt, Dec 5, 2011 IP
  11. indianseocompany

indianseocompany Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook has everything to offer and have the best features and applications.

indianseocompany, Dec 8, 2011 IP
  12. Sooriyapragash

Sooriyapragash Peon

Best Answers:
    i think plidd dot com is the best competitor for facebook, because plidd has twitter & facebook both features at once. and some additional features available at plidd.

Sooriyapragash, Dec 8, 2011 IP
  13. SEO Bounty

SEO Bounty Peon

Best Answers:
    I do agree. It would be very difficult to beat, because of it's so user friendly, it's advertisements, and it's been around for a super long time now!

SEO Bounty, Dec 9, 2011 IP
  14. johnhunter

johnhunter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    People have already invested a hell of a lot of time and effort uploading photos, making friends there etc etc and it has the users 700 million or something, it will take something extraordinary to beat it because it has the infrastructure already in place, I think only google+ has a chance because they can funnel users from gmail and google search etc, anyone else has got no chance IMO.

johnhunter, Dec 9, 2011 IP
  15. Ella_Z.

Ella_Z. Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, maybe a few years after it would be possible to beat facebook (g+ can do that for example), but not now. Now when it has more than 800 million of active users that's impossible for noone. what is more is kinda advantage for fb is that it is permanently developing. So, the social network that wants to be better must be much quicker in its development.

Ella_Z., Dec 12, 2011 IP
  16. Realmint

Realmint Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    For now and for many years to come, Facebook will remain the top social networking site. However, Google has created Google+ with the goal of replacing Facebook even though Google doesn't have much background in social networking services. It will be interesting to see just how far they can take it.

Realmint, Dec 12, 2011 IP
  17. socialmediamarketing01

socialmediamarketing01 Peon

Best Answers:
    Nothing is impossible. But the way Facebook moderate themselves and offering lots of different application it is quite impossible to beat them now. Like Goolge plus have that potential but to beat Facebook they need to improvise themselves a lot in the order to beat Facebook.

socialmediamarketing01, Dec 13, 2011 IP
  18. mkjohn

mkjohn Peon

Best Answers:
    Face-book became very popular these days. Face-book is the king of social networking website. It's service and features are fantastic. It have approximately 5 million users. That's why any other social networking website can't beat them.

mkjohn, Dec 13, 2011 IP
  19. johnhunter

johnhunter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think youll find it has a lot more than 5 million users.

johnhunter, Dec 13, 2011 IP
  20. adrean

adrean Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook have crossed 700 million active users long back:)

adrean, Dec 24, 2011 IP