1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

domain.com is a scam!

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by gyahoo, Dec 6, 2011.

Hello,

I bought a domain with domain.com for $0.99 from their facebook like offer and after i registered the domain, my account get locked. They cut money from my account and the domain appears to be unregistered in whois.

They are just a scam, any words from you guys? any experience with them?

gyahoo, Dec 6, 2011 IP
  2. samdar

samdar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, they can't be scam. It's like calling Barack Obama, a terrorist.

First you will have to understand the reason behind this. Such kind of activities are anti-fraud activities to avoid online theft. Check with them on the reason why they have done this. There could be multiple reasons - Using some one else's credit card, using some one else's paypal account, fraud credit card numbers.

Check with their support team and get back to us on what you are hearing.

samdar, Dec 6, 2011 IP
  3. InkMerchant

InkMerchant Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry to hear that this happened to you. You should definitely follow Samdar's advice, but sometimes paying a better price will yield better results - most domain registrations should never cost more than around $10. I never stray from Namecheap or Moniker, personally.

InkMerchant, Dec 6, 2011 IP
  4. Dave Zan

Dave Zan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Did you try to contact them about this before (prematurely?) labeling them a scam?

Dave Zan, Dec 6, 2011 IP
    bcdxer likes this.
  5. okayface

okayface Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi master gyahoo, I know domain.com is not a scam. There are some of my friends who register a domain there and they do not have problems like you. Maybe you should contact the support domain.com to seek clarity case your problem. or it could be a domain which you register has been taken, and if that is true then you are entitled to a refund from domain.com.

Good luck.

okayface, Dec 7, 2011 IP
  6. datamonkey

datamonkey Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sometimes the cheapest option isn't always the best option!

Hope you get this sorted, maybe it's just a terrible mistake on their part. Have you got in touch with their support yet?

datamonkey, Dec 7, 2011 IP
  7. OSSEO

OSSEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    I never use Domain com service but its big company cant do Scam , They have millions customer , I think you should call then or contact via live chat or Contact form .

OSSEO, Dec 8, 2011 IP
  8. TOLGA123

TOLGA123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello thereI have a couple of domains bought from Domain.com and a couple of hosting spaces. For a couple of months I was experiencing problems almost every week with the hosting service. Finally my all websites were collapsed 2 days ago and they are coming for a couple of minutes then collapsing again. I opened many cases in their CC system however they just say that they are experiencing crucial problems and thanking me for contacting them. Crucial problems for 2 days!!!!! It is really a scandal for a hosting company like domain.com to have continuous problems for 2 days!!!I will carry all my hosting spaces to another place as soon as possible because they seemed to have big big trouble inside their system as this is not the first time I am dealing with domain.com hosting issues. I seriously inform everybody that Domain.com hosting space service is fully scam.Best RegardsTolga

TOLGA123, May 25, 2012 IP
  9. asel2012

asel2012 Peon

Best Answers:
    Recently I had a problem with crazy domains. i registered a domain. and i had to wait for their approvsl for two days. after that they asked me to send scanned id and credit card. after i have sent them they replied: Your order has been authenticated and will be left as is. Then I checked whois and the domain wasn't taken. and i registered it with Name.com. I thought the crazy domains is a scam. but later they wrote that the domain is now taken and my money was refunded.

asel2012, May 25, 2012 IP
  10. m3an93

m3an93 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i have also same related problem about month ago i have bought 1domain 5times amount deducted from my debit card but nothing receive in return :( still not receive even 1 domain
    at 1st try there was an error plz try again i have tried 5 times all 5 times payment was deducted an they says that's not our fault .................................

m3an93, May 27, 2012 IP
  11. agoes182

agoes182 Peon

Best Answers:
    domain.com is totally scam, get free coupon code form they fb fanspage but get charge when check out on my paypal acc. Try open ticket but never get response, so i dispute and register to name.com

agoes182, Nov 12, 2012 IP
  12. chandan123

chandan123 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    u got refund for that .99$ ?

chandan123, Nov 13, 2012 IP
  13. agoes182

agoes182 Peon

Best Answers:

lol, they offer free .us domain on fanspage but charge for 5.99$ only, not response for my support ticket, so i dispute it.

agoes182, Nov 13, 2012 IP
  14. nufox

nufox Peon

Best Answers:
    I think all you need to do is just to contact their support personnel. They will be able to help you out.

nufox, Nov 13, 2012 IP
  15. Tj Nuff Said

Tj Nuff Said Peon

Best Answers:
    does not sound right, but it does at the same time... Sorry I had a domain called youtubetomp3download.co hosted with them & I do not remember at all selling the domain name ever and getting info changed but thats what it shows, I suggest you go with register.com

Tj Nuff Said, Nov 13, 2012 IP
  16. chandan123

chandan123 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i mean refund from paypal or cc dispute ?

chandan123, Nov 14, 2012 IP
  17. gyahoo

gyahoo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They never pay back..
    They attract people from $1 domain offers, they charge the money and never register the domain. Disputing even don't work, you don't get your money back.

gyahoo, Nov 17, 2012 IP
  18. NickOfTheDesert

NickOfTheDesert Peon

Best Answers:
    I am sharing this as a story of warning for those looking to register new domain names.
    Most of my domain names are registered on godaddy.com. I have registered and non-renewed dozens over the years without incident.
    Recently I decided to try something different. I had an idea for a class and looked to see if a domain name was available.
    The domain name _____.com was available and I registered it for $.50 on register.com (Some of you already know where this is going.)
    Looking at the fine print after registering it (duh, after...), I saw that after the first year of this smoking deal, renewal would set me back $38. Oh, oh.
    I called up and talked with a very nice fellow, who told me he could cancel the domain registration and return the $.50 to my account and the domain would be freed up for me.
    Should take 24-48 hours. Okay, great. What a nice guy.
    Next day, I find that the domain is now for sale by register.com.
    I call Adam, he says no problem, he will unblock it and get it freed up, in 24-48 hours.
    Next, I get an email from Kathy at register.com who says it will cost me $125 to have the name restored to my account.
    I call Adam, who says oh, knowing you wanted to retain use of the name, I should have told you you could ask for a transfer authorization code instead of cancelling the sale.
    Let me see what I can do.
    Next, I get a pleasant phone message from Jill at network solutions (come to find out both register.com and network solutions are owned by web.com) and she can return the domain name to my account for $79 dollars.
    Jill does not know the history of my interactions and I fill her in.
    She is sympathetic and says she will see what she can do.
    The next phone message from Jill says she is sorry, but there is nothing she can do and if I want the domain name it will cost me $79.
    Moral of the story: If the deal seems too good to be true, it probably is. Buyers beware.
    Other lessons: There are wolves on the web, it is the law of jungle. Just because the rep's of wolf, inc are nice, don't kid yourself.
    (register.com prides itself on its reputation for customer service.)
    The wolves will eat your lunch and your breakfast and dinner too.

Nick of the Desert

NickOfTheDesert, Dec 14, 2012 IP
  19. Tats123

Tats123 Peon

Best Answers:
    DOMAIN.COM Review Jan2013
    Be warned about domain.com registrar and hosting service.

Guys, I was hosting with www.domain.com for many years, all went well but I never needed any support. Except their servers was super low and some of their wordpress installations was crap. Then one day I needed some support from them because my online shop crashed after I added a domain to my hosting package. Should not be related but it was ?! Can't explain that.

Anyway, their support did not suck, it super sucked! they just said their not gonna help me and was very rude about it too and I SHOULD STOP ASKING THEM. I serious, I really am. Anyway it took me a week but I solved the problem on my own and I was pretty upset about their attitude. Some of their system constants changed by itself and I changed it back and I was back online.

Then in Nov 2012 they upgraded their servers and broke all my domain's hosting (15 websites!). I went crazy on the support tickets, it took them 5 weeks to repair, YES REALLY, it was 5 weeks and all my sites was completely off during that time.:mad:
    Not once did they contact me with an explanation or apology despite me begging them to indicate to me what is going on.

Thank God some of the dns records survived otherwise all those clients of mine would have had no email (3rd party hosts) and honestly there would have been nothing left to do but commit suicide. 400 users! Every week or two they would reset my dns records and then I logged in and repaired them with 1-2 days email downtime.
    Lately, they removed my DNS tab and now I am not able to repair any broken DNS records! Off-course you can ask them to put it back but it's like speaking to my porch, there is no reaction. I really Panicked. Occasionally one of my tickets would reflect "work in progress" so I know that it does eventually reach someone.

One of my sites is still off and the client is on the verge of firing me. They are currently holding back my entire IT admin fee, $600 p/m. It’s now 26 Jan 2013. I get one 2 liner reply every couple of weeks from them saying nothing really, and still, my site is off. I had made backups using their system but I can only deduct that had chucked that away.

There is no support email contact did you notice, only the ticketing system. We are not based in the US and phoning them is futile they do not answer. The only live person I could get hold of was a sales person via the online chat who wanted to sell me their services, how ironic. I explained my predicament and he very helpfully directed me to the ticketing system and telephone. Urghhhh!

Amazingly I managed to transfer some of my domains away from them, it was the best decision of my life and I have made some pretty good ones in the past. :stickout

To conclude:
    Stay away from Lucifer, Heroine, Sword swallowing and from domain.com unless you are helplessly suicidal, then go for it, you'll like it there!

PS: Don't be fooled by the attractive website that lures you in.

Tats123, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  20. Vartan

Vartan Peon

Best Answers:
    Beware people. Never use hosting service s of Domain.com. They're are not responsible foe their poor hosting services. When you call to their tech support you actually reach the customer service representatives, because they do not know anything and every time they put you on hold till they speak to their tier 2 tech support. I have more than 20 domain names with them and couple of hosting services. Currently I am trying to switch my hosting to a new company and transfer all my domains. One of my websites was going down every they. And I was calling to hem every day. Till one day they told me that there's a limit in mysql. So whenever I have more customers in my website the server goes down. They did not wanted to take off that limit. With the other hosting I have only few small websites, but they are so slow and they go down very often. So please, please, please beware. NEVER HOST WITH THIS SCAMMERS.

Vartan, Aug 1, 2013 IP