1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

"Dumb Research" More important than keyword Research is important for AdSense Growth

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Rupam Das, Dec 1, 2011.

Look I do not want to hurt anybody here. This is my personal experience that I am sharing. You may choose to differ from my opinion, but please dont pull the strings too wild. Ok so what is this dumb research?

1) AdSense clicker are broadly categorized into 4 types of clicks:

a) An Intellect who knows if he clicks an ad you could get some revenue and gifts you that after reading a great post (Count me in that Category)
    b) A visitor when sees a colorful ad for the first time clicks it. The probability should be that he sees that ad in your site first!
    c) Dumbs: They love to check out colors, no botheration of if that is Ad or not.
    d) People searching for certain information and coming to your site, then checking out links

a contains .3% of all clciks , b contains .7%, d contains about 25% of all clciks ( data from 10 sites only :( )

Rest 74% comes from youth and dumbs. C does not care what is an ad and all that. They see a link they click it.

I drilled down links, analytic, ad stats like mad for month and then discovered what I am writing.

Find those people who clicks on Ads. So instead of Keyword research, I made a survey sheet and sent to my small young cousin brothers and sisters and their friends to know what they look for in internet.
    I gathered 50 responses and thought great, what I am doing will fetch me $1 at the end of the year because I will never rank for those high paying keyword.

Before this survey my click rate was: 1 click per 400 visitors ( I hate CTR, I have defined my own Metric: I call it CPV or clcik per visitor).

After that survey, I could not change the nature of the website, so I decided to introduce few things with some tricks and twists with more priority to image Ads.

Since that CPV has come down to about 1 click per 63 visitors.

Moral of the Discussion:

Look for dumbs and what dumbs searches. You can turn around your fortunes

Note:
    Dumb here refers to Non Ad-Blind site visitors and I have no intention of quoting the youth of today as dumb.
    PS: please help me change the title. Oops, grammar!

Rupam Das, Dec 1, 2011 IP
  2. SaurabhMit

SaurabhMit Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have seen your retarded threads in Adsense. Can you please sum them up in once for all. Why do u need to create a thread every once a while explaining things that you really don't know yourself. Please stop posting your guides here but there is enough of stuff already on DP that ppl can go through.

SaurabhMit, Dec 2, 2011 IP
  3. Rupam Das

Rupam Das Active Member

Best Answers:
    in DP nobody can post a question because
    1) How much can you earn : Is a retard thread
    2) Help me with my earning: retard thread
    3) I am banned from adsense : retard thread
    4) Please tell me what is my potential: retard thread
    5) Adsense help: retard thread

because there are too many threads already around us!

So why not pass this message to shawn and ask him to close DP and sum up everything in a single PDF file.

I have right to post anything related to subject till I do not violate any DP's guidelines. Do I care of a poster whose site's alexa is above 1 million with no PR and whose own site's software says my site is 20 times more valuable then his site ?

Grow up and get a life. you need a lot of work to do boss.
    You may not be knowing, Human eyes have a function called closing. You need not to keep your eye open for something you dont like!

Rupam Das, Dec 2, 2011 IP
  4. wonay

wonay Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Very interesting thread!

Usually if you target celebrity news, gossip and more then your GAE will always be pretty good.

Also, fashion and tech trends are things that they adore. Focus on those too!

wonay, Dec 2, 2011 IP
  5. John_

John_ Peon

Best Answers:
    It can be some truth here. Where you conduct your survey, this is very important. I see your location is India, perhaps for example US people thinks different and are not running for colours like dumbs. What do you think?

John_, Dec 2, 2011 IP
  6. SaurabhMit

SaurabhMit Active Member

Best Answers:
    That is for dumbasses like you. I do not own that site anymore and sold it last month. I build up things rather then wasting my time like you creating useless threads. I own other sites as well and I don't care about the Alexa ranking as long as I am earning money. People like you make sites for adsense. I posted it here coz it was enough to see you creating retarded threads each day.

SaurabhMit, Dec 3, 2011 IP
  7. Rupam Das

Rupam Das Active Member

Best Answers:
    Who cares?
    I do not know how a site is Sold without a Transfer... LOL ( good social work by keeping a sold site in your Sig)

And Boy I have more projects against my name as project manager and developers than days of your life and more patents that can make a happy living for another 20 years without a work.

I do not understand how you are proving yourself a smartass!

You are quite a Comedy........................................................... Keep doing this please smartass............................

One more discovery.

The smart ass boy is Banned by Google for smarting out!(http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2305175)
    So there it is! You feel sheet, seeing an AdSense thread and seeing somebody growing in AdSense. I love your spirit Smartass..... Perfect Indian Example of Jealous Ass................. I am loving this!

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
    Rupam Das, Dec 3, 2011 IP
  8. Rupam Das

Rupam Das Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ofcourse I dont live in States, and have no Idea about it, so I try to get the nerve of visitors back here in India. Because that is where Google sends visitors from :)

9. SaurabhMit

SaurabhMit Active Member

Best Answers:
    Jealous of your pennies? you just wish. Dig All my adsense threads, posts.... It just make me wonder why a stupid person with dumbass doing so much research on my threads. Keep digging them. It just amuses me and keeps a puppet busy. One more thing.... your face is uglier than your post..

10. Rupam Das

Rupam Das Active Member

Best Answers:
    Seems you are a gay(What else makes once comment on a Face of own gender!)....! 'Research' about your crap threads ? You are a true comedy smartass! True comedy.... Keep posting. It feels nice to see 'more number of posts' of an AdSense banned account holder commenting on adsense thread............. (you must be itching to comment again!) Ok what else you will do! You have time right! Bye smart ass! Enjoy your ugly vacation from Google for rest of your life

11. John_

John_ Peon

Best Answers:
    SaurabhMit and Rupam Das, both from India and enemies? Not nice, you must be like brothers and love each other(not gay love).

The smartest gives up, let's see now who is the smartest.

John_, Dec 3, 2011 IP
  12. SaurabhMit

SaurabhMit Active Member

Best Answers:
    @john.... I am gonna take your advice. The thing that really pissed me off is these useless Adsense Methods are coming from a person who does not even have a privacy policy in place. There are major adsense violation on his site and It will take me only 30 mins from now and we will see a new "Adsense Banned" thread tmro. But.. I am gonna spare this infant as I want him to be banned when he needs it(money) the most. I have been with adsense for 6 years and dealt with major adsense earners on the other forum. But some threads like this really pisses me off. I usually skip them instead of replying. Not only the OP is misguiding people he is indirectly asking people to click his ads as a gift.
    ...Now there is a serious Adsense Violation here. Not only the statements are false It gives user a false impression that an earning can be made in that way. I just wanna safeguard newbies here including the OP that these kinds of thread in public are only going to harm them.

13. Rupam Das

Rupam Das Active Member

Best Answers:
    TOS does not tell to have a privacy policy in the home page. If you take time to see the site, you will know where it is placed!
    Even I will Wait for that tomorrow!
    You may just not be knowing that being a Software Architect Consultant in Biomedical Cancer Research and Wireless Security Solution Designer I make more than $100 every hour ( Do I need to back it with my bank statement or Tax Receipt?) So I will never need that money from adsense, because what most can earn from adsense in 2 years is my monthy salary.

And "I want him to be banned" Is enough to convey the parasitic psychology you have!

There is no Policy violation when a female in your site clicks on Men's Underwear. If it was false, nobody would earn a penny from a Nasa website showing SOAP ads. And there is certainly no policy violation to try to understand what type of content would bring such readers to site.

What You would have done otherwise? Click bombing? Reporting the Site to AdSense?

Read your first post and you will understand what you wanted to do! Did you discuss a policy violation issue first hand?

Also clarify how you wanted to safeguard people through this comment!

Stop this hippocracy! I have never in my life used an inappropriate term to address anybody. And when you call a presidential award winner in research a 'dumb ass', you needed to see where you stand!

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  14. Rupam Das

Rupam Das Active Member

Best Answers:
    John You are cool. We are not here to fight with each other. Whether same country or not, webmaster's community is in itself a tough and struggling community where we try to learn from each other. So harmony and friendliness is needed among all irrespective of the county! But when the attacks become personal for no reason, and when logic leaves much to desire, feels bad. But you are right.

There are better things to do then keep posting insane personal stuff. Be it true for all!

15. TheSyndicate

TheSyndicate Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You need to be more careful with all the slurs coming out from your keyboard right now and also not to bump you own thread. Do not fall for the trap and get aggressive when people do not agree with you.

TheSyndicate, Dec 3, 2011 IP
  16. bintababy

bintababy Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Friend,
    compliment of the season to you, How is life with you over their? i will like to introduce my self to you. My name is Miss Binta. i look for long term relationship honest one i saw your profile on this dating site i feel interested of you why i contacted you, If you are interested for serious relationship contact me on my Email for more discussions then i will send you my photo,I wait for your responses soon.
    Regards
    Binta.

Email:

bintababy, Dec 4, 2011 IP
  17. seo_buzz

seo_buzz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The information provided in this thread is nothing new and 'Dumb research' is not helpful actually, because the OP has not defined how it will be conducted (other than a clueless survey).

For people who wants to earn from Adsense should not stress on the 'Ads' part rather he should concentrate on the website development part. As it will attract more quality visitors which means more revenue. As simple as that!

seo_buzz, Dec 4, 2011 IP
  18. stock_post

stock_post Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    your posts are way out of line - I a not sure if you have personal issues with him out side of this forum..

Your language and attitude or unnecessary - If don't like his post move on..

I am not sure what is your real problem..

Your attitude may have a long term affect on your health.. By all means I don't have anything against you..

(just a friendly advise)
    ===============

Rupam Das: Experimenting with AdSense can get you banned..
    those little friends don't know what they were doing and if the clicks come from one or two IP addresses your adSense account becomes a history.

Google don't encourage people to experiment and they are very nasty about it..

They want you to get natural traffic and natural clicks..

Any trick other than that can and will make your adSense account a history..

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
    stock_post, Dec 4, 2011 IP
  19. qhm

qhm Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow...quite a thread.

qhm, Dec 5, 2011 IP
  20. SaurabhMit

SaurabhMit Active Member

Best Answers:
    I understand what you want to say. But this thread really pissed me off. Something that has happened after a long time. The thing is that the OP is not aware of the adsense policies and he is guiding other newbies in a way that anytime soon they will get their account banned. If you look at OP's site. You will find atleast 8 violations of adsense at the first glance. The adsense block has been labelled as Navigation and latest post. Not only that the OP is encouraging users to click on ads as a "gift" which is a serious violation of adsense. If you find a good stuff you don't have to click his ads, you can just add a line of appriciation in the comments. His blog has been tortured by xrummer posts which he is unable to detect as spam. When you read the comments you will find out that those comments are just junk and are there for a link back. Just wanted noobs to be aware that this is not the right thing to follow.

SaurabhMit, Dec 5, 2011 IP