1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best eCommerce platform/setup combination for Digital Products selling

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Lightsaber, Dec 1, 2011.

I know , i know, I used the search function and can't find threads that could really help me. :) Hope that you guys can help enlighten me here.

I am about to start an eCommerce site selling only digital downloads (ebooks some mp3) and I am looking at eCommerce platforms particularly Prestashop , Magento would be awesome but I need a speedy site and easy to setup. Any other recommendations other than Prestashop ?

I was thinking of using Prestashop as my store front and using digital download fulfillment service such as E-Junkie / Fastspring / Payloadz to handle the sales. Is this even possible ?

Or will Prestashop alone be sufficient for my needs ?

My requirements are :
    - affiliate management : payment of certain % to referrer.
    - sleek and fast web 2.0 layout. (hence the reason for me choosing prestashop at the moment)

How best can I achieve this ?

Thanks in advance ;)

Lightsaber, Dec 1, 2011 IP
  2. orangegirl

orangegirl Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello, Lightsaber!

Haven;t you looked at CS-Cart? It has the ability to sell digital products and the built-in Affiliate module.

orangegirl, Dec 2, 2011 IP
  3. India-Rocks

India-Rocks Peon

Best Answers:
    These Shopping cart scripts very helpful if you know a little bit of coding because you have to make changes in them. I suggest you to use a professional developer to set up things for you. It'll be time saver and easy for you.

India-Rocks, Dec 3, 2011 IP
  4. paid1234

paid1234 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello, just thought i should post here as it seems you didn't get your answer.

As a Developer i would highly recommend OpenCart, it's a awesom free solution with Upgrades every few month.
    More to the Point also lets you have affiliates and a overall excellent Platform.

Also many new mods and templates are available almost everyday.

Good luck with your shop...

paid1234, Dec 3, 2011 IP
  5. mrphp

mrphp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try Interspire or BigCommerce, it can sell digital goods. If you need professional help, just pm me.

mrphp, Dec 3, 2011 IP
  6. Lightsaber

Lightsaber Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys for the suggestions. will check it out.

keep those suggestions coming ! :)

Lightsaber, Dec 4, 2011 IP
  7. swasa

swasa Member

Best Answers:
    Try with AJ Shopping Cart Software which is best suited for physical as well as the digital download products. It is the user friendly shopping cart software with the rich set of features. Its marketing-tailored features help you increase your online sales, promote repeat purchases, and boost customer satisfaction.

swasa, Dec 4, 2011 IP
  8. backlynx

backlynx Member

Best Answers:
    I've used OsCommerce with some success

backlynx, Dec 4, 2011 IP
  9. msjohal

msjohal Peon

Best Answers:
    I would also recommend OpenCart - it is a well designed and light weight solution and it isn't too difficult to make various tweaks if you need to.

msjohal, Dec 5, 2011 IP
  10. MiniMe777

MiniMe777 Peon

Best Answers:
    i have heard great things about ejunkie, only $7 and they also help protect your pdfs if you sell an ebook

MiniMe777, Dec 5, 2011 IP
  11. Lightsaber

Lightsaber Member

Best Answers:
    Hi ! Another quick question. Let's say I have a website selling E-books ,my friend wrote an E-book and I am helping him sell it on my site. I want to share 50% of the revenue with him. So any sales of that product on my site , he gets half of the profit.

Is there any digital download solution that can automatically know how much I'm suppose to pay my friend? And can I give read-only access of the backend page, so that he too can know how much of his book he is selling via my site.

Fastspring has this Reseller Partner Management which does just that, but I am also selling IM products, which Fastsprings doesn't like. I know E-Junkie doesn't automatically do this either.

Any solutions for this ?

Many Thanks. :)

Lightsaber, Dec 5, 2011 IP
  12. sherwin.hermogenes

sherwin.hermogenes Member

Best Answers:
    I prefer Prestashop simple to use and easy to customize.

sherwin.hermogenes, Jan 9, 2012 IP
  13. aheadWorks

aheadWorks Member

Best Answers:
    I've found Fastspring, Payloadz, Shareit and payproglobal so far. have no idea what is better

aheadWorks, Feb 7, 2012 IP
  14. doletavroh

doletavroh Peon

Best Answers:
    Try to use EasyMyDigitalGoods from EasyMySoft. This is a free digital products delivery php script. After PayPal payment method, you become an email contain the download link. Works with PayPal's IPN. You can easily manage your digital products(ebooks, software, mp3). Very easy to install.

doletavroh, Feb 22, 2012 IP