1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Who is most likely to get banned from Adsense?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by check, Nov 6, 2006.

I'm not talking about people who cheat, I'm talking about people with lower earnings or higher earnings? Or does Google like to ban people with medium earnings?

check, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  2. rosiee007

rosiee007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I dont understand what you're trying to say. Google wouldn't ban any site .. whether it has low, high or medium earnings, as long as they are not cheating or violating the TOS.

rosiee007, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  3. Jarodboy

Jarodboy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    People who cheat, are more likely to get banned

Jarodboy, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  4. Missie 81

Missie 81 Peon

Best Answers:
    Google will only ban people if they have not been complying with their TOS. It wouldn't matter how much that person was earning each month.

Missie 81, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  5. dadasays

dadasays Peon

Best Answers:
    Google doesn't ban people automatically -- there isn't some big software out there looking for sites to just randomly ban. Google has an entire TOS-compliance department, and I wouldn't doubt that they have hundreds of people who spend their entire workdays looking at sites that their analyzing software flags as possibly TOS non-compliant.

For those who complain the most about getting banned, they like are part of schemes to drive more traffic to their sites in a fraudulent fashion. A lot of people banned also clicked their own ads, but that isn't an instant-ban kind of thing. I accidentally clicked an ad of mine (new laptop with a funky touchpad) and I told Google, and they warned me and I'm still here. Now I just disable my ads when I browse my sites.

Write good, unique content. Get traffic from reputable sites that have similar information as your site does. Work on getting links from bloggers and other sites. Don't be in a rush to make money, be in a rush to gain ground in your niche.

dadasays, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  6. ryanman

ryanman Active Member

Best Answers:

Well there is not a precise answer to your question. Earnings here is not a concern as I have seen cases whereby people earning in thousands to people earning pennies being banned. However, one thing I have noticed about it is that google is not a big fan of non-targeted traffic. By targeted traffic, I mean people who are actually looking for the products or information the site if offering. It all comes down to return on investment to adwords advertisers, If your site is getting a lot of non converting clicks you are most likely to get smart priced or maybe banned.

And of course, we have the standard tos the non-compliance of which may lead to a possible ban, as we all know of.

ryanman, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  7. Not_My_Style

Not_My_Style Peon

Best Answers:
    Could somebody tell me exactly what smart priced is please?

Not_My_Style, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  8. ryanman

ryanman Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is a situation whereby you pay per click falls to extremely low prices all of a sudden.

ryanman, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  9. adsensesyndicate

adsensesyndicate Peon

Best Answers:
    i believe there are people out there sabotaging using the id and inserting into their own site and clicking the ads to make sure google ban whoever that id belongs to.. wonder if it's even possible...

adsensesyndicate, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  10. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    No one would go through the trouble of doing this to get you banned unless you kicked their cat, threw their grandma out of a window, and then burned down their house. You didn't, did you?

jackburton2006, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  11. adsensesyndicate

adsensesyndicate Peon

Best Answers:
    haha no i didnt and i dont think i would.. but do you think it's possible? i mean there has to be a way to safeguard against this...

adsensesyndicate, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  12. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    There's really not. If someone is intent on sabotaging your Adsense account, they can do it. But again, they would have to really really REALLY hate you to do this, as it takes a lot of work on their part.

jackburton2006, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  13. projectw3

projectw3 Banned

Best Answers:
    On the contrary, I read in a report that Google does have automatic banning mechanisms in place and on top of that, they have a human review team just to be doubly sure. The objective would just be to stop click fraud in every possible way within reasonable means. As long as there's no cheating, the adsense account should be quite safe.

projectw3, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  14. check

check Guest

Best Answers:
    I think if you were earning $1000 a day, Google wouldn't be so quick to ban you.

check, Nov 11, 2006 IP
  15. mike323

mike323 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I heard Google banned a publisher once because his nose whistled when he breathed. :(

mike323, Nov 11, 2006 IP
  16. forumrating

forumrating Notable Member

Best Answers:
    well it all depends, you need to take good care of your website stats and monitor properly what is going on daily,
    any strange activity should be immediately reported to google. you are safe as long as you have not done anything wrong.

forumrating, Nov 11, 2006 IP