Reduce in the CPC Rate (major)

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by lekhi123, Nov 5, 2006.

hello friends.

i am owing 3-4 blogs on which i am earning adsense. i was getting around 1.2 $ from the http://techwhack.blogspot.com which is based on the technological news and was getting 6 cents to 60 cents on the click on http://astrology-guru.blogspot.com

But from 2-3 days my clicks declined and CPC declined by 90% i am back to earth in 2 dayz

Please help me as i am loosing business...

lekhi123, Nov 5, 2006 IP
  2. Tearabite

Tearabite Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Perhaps you have been SmartPriced?

But, i too have noticed a big drop in the last month..

PS - i dont think you are supposed to disclose how much you are making per-click as it is against the TOS..

Tearabite, Nov 5, 2006 IP
  3. lekhi123

lekhi123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks TERA BITE for letting me know abt the TOS.. bt tell me wht to do now..

lekhi123, Nov 5, 2006 IP
  4. berte

berte Peon

Best Answers:
    Is smart pricing permanent?

berte, Nov 5, 2006 IP
  5. Tearabite

Tearabite Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I dont think being smartpriced is permanent - i think it adjusts over time, but you will probably never be back to earning the same amount per click that you were getting in the beginning..
    I reserve the right to let someone that knows more about Smartpricing than i do correct me if i'm wrong..

Tearabite, Nov 5, 2006 IP
  6. ThisGoatStarves

ThisGoatStarves Peon

Best Answers:
    I've experienced a massive drop in CPC rate on 75% of my channels over the past month.

ThisGoatStarves, Nov 5, 2006 IP
  7. lekhi123

lekhi123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well people suggest me, what to do ..

lekhi123, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  8. dadasays

dadasays Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a good solution for those who feel they've been smartpriced or see their CPC drop for a few days:

1. Stop looking at your AdSense earnings immediately. Turn off any plug-ins that report your earnings.

2. Go and produce new content and work to build traffic. Do this for 30-60 days straight.

3. Start looking at your AdSense earnings once a week.

Honestly, I've been using AdSense now for 18 months, more aggressively for 12. I chart my websites' incomes and expenses on a monthly basis (broken down by day and by site), but I would never look at anything less than 4 weeks as a trend. I've had days that are down 95% and days that are up 300%. I've had similar weeks. I've even had bad months and great months. Overall, as GOOD traffic trends upwards, income trends upwards. As BAD traffic trends upwards, income trends downwards.

Did you have a new source for traffic? I find that incoming links from MySpace and even Digg both bring in less CPC, signfiicantly. Sitemeter tracks where people come in from, and I use this traffic data to realize what is good traffic and bad traffic. If I find someone linking to me from MySpace, I usually ask them to remove the link -- that traffic is terrible (high visits, terrible CPC).

Stop worrying about 2 day or 14 day trends, they're irrelevant. Keep building quality inbound links from quality sites, and forget about the low CPC for now -- it really is irrelevant.

If you live 80 years, and you have few bad years, is it really a bad thing? It is if you're only hoping to live for a few years. The same is true for income: if you're only planning on making money for a few months, then you definitely should focus on why things are bad. If you're in it for the long haul, your bad weeks are just that -- bad weeks. Forget about them and focus on tomorrow 'sor next year's goals.

dadasays, Nov 6, 2006 IP
    GLD and ThisGoatStarves like this.
  9. ThisGoatStarves

ThisGoatStarves Peon

Best Answers:
    Great post dadasays,

I'm going to try this for myself. Everytime I write some content I go straight into my stats afterwards and check out if anything's changed and obviously it hasn't. God knows what I'm expecting like but it's seriously disrupting productivity. I'll give this a go though.

ThisGoatStarves, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  10. lekhi123

lekhi123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank You for showing me the light in the dark tunnel.

lekhi123, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  11. johniman7

johniman7 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yea good post. I also have crazy changes in earnings from one day to the next.

johniman7, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  12. lekhi123

lekhi123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    WEll i think the things are running in same way.. i think that was the starting and its continuing.. or may be i am getting worst traffic .. and the worst nightmare is going on... anybody knows when the PR update is gonna be...

lekhi123, Apr 3, 2007 IP
  13. matty dread

matty dread Peon

Best Answers:
    Solid advice here.

There are natural ups and downs with adsense, it's best to not get too crazy when things are down and not get too excited when things are going well.

matty dread, Apr 3, 2007 IP