1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

css menu resize problem in ie8

Discussion in 'CSS' started by stevie1983, Nov 30, 2011.

hello,i have a horizontal menu bar that works in full screen but if you resize the screen then teh menu bar goes to the right. I have tried to get it to work but just cant seem to do it. Can anyone help me with this headache please, many thanks in advance:-cssul#menu { margin-left:155px !important; padding:0; list-style-type:none; width:948px; position:relative;overflow:hidden display:block; height:40px; font-size:12px; font-weight:bold; background:#CC0000; font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; border-bottom:1px solid #000000; border-top:1px solid #000000;float:left;margin-bottom:30px;white-space:nowrap;}ul#menu li { display:block; float:left; margin:0; padding:0;} ul#menu li a{ display:block; float:left; color:#F9F7ED; text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold; padding:30px 30px 30 30px;} ul#menu li a:hover{ color:#F9F7ED; height:15px; background:#ff0000;border-bottom:2px solid #4096EE; } ul#menu li a.current {display:inline; height:15px; background:#cecece; float:left;margin:0px 0 0px o;}html-[​IMG]
    • About me
    • Pictures
    • Stuff
    • misc
    • About me
    • pictures
    • stuff
    • misc

stevie1983, Nov 30, 2011 IP
  2. LeetPCUser

LeetPCUser Peon

Best Answers:
    I see a few things.

1. You are giving it a margin of 155 pixels to the left
    2. You are setting a width of 948 pixels

If you want to center it, put the following instead of a margin-left:

cssul#menu {
        margin: 0px auto;
    }

Code (markup):
    This will center the menu in your browser, even when you change the width.

LeetPCUser, Nov 30, 2011 IP