1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Way to Create Clear Image of Website for Portoflio

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by jj1, Nov 29, 2011.

What is the best way to get a clear image of a completed website to include in portfolio pages?

I currently display the page - press print screen - capture into Paint and then load into a tool like Fireworks.

The trouble is, this often gives me a somewhat fuzzy edge around the words - especially when I reduce it down in size.

jj1, Nov 29, 2011 IP
  2. MsNN

MsNN Peon

Best Answers:
    That is what I do. If you work in Fireworks, try different image options - like PNG. Make sure that you reduce in size in the image, not in the code.

MsNN, Nov 30, 2011 IP
  3. LeetPCUser

LeetPCUser Peon

Best Answers:
    The way I have always done it is take a screenshot and import it in to Photoshop. When you are taking the screenshot, make sure the browser is rendering the page at 100% width and you have not zoomed in. I find that when the browser is zoomed in it leads to fuzzy text.

LeetPCUser, Nov 30, 2011 IP
  4. TeckDevil

TeckDevil Peon

Best Answers:
    You can easily capture full screenshots of webpages using small extensions for your browser (Chrome, Firefox). You can use iWeb2Shot extension for your browser. It has plenty of options for the size and type of screenshot you wish to create. If you need a shot of the complete page, just use Screen in the extension.

You can read more at: teckdevil.com/convert-webpage-to-hd-screenshot-or-download-as-pdf/
    The plugins homepage is at: sciweavers.org/free-online-web-to-image

TeckDevil, Dec 5, 2011 IP