1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hdfc netsafe issue

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by HumanVirus, Nov 26, 2011.

Hello Guys,

I am experiencing issues in making payments with hdfc netsafe card. Is it working for you all?

I tried twice paying my monthly fee to hostgator and the message I got read "we were unable to process your card"

My card is a MasterCard. Please help me I am starting to get worried.

HumanVirus, Nov 26, 2011 IP
  2. Digital_shubhi

Digital_shubhi Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Yes its working fine ! Make sure you make a card of rs.550 as the dollar/inr rate is high.

Digital_shubhi, Nov 26, 2011 IP
  3. vididong.com

vididong.com Member

Best Answers:
    I can give 3 possibilities

1. not enough fund
    2. online transaction blocked by default from the bank
    3. your card is back listed by merchant

vididong.com, Nov 27, 2011 IP
  4. HumanVirus

HumanVirus Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have tried making cards worth Rs 55 per $ but still it wont process and I have more than enough funds in my account. What is this blacklisting thing? What can cause this?

HumanVirus, Nov 27, 2011 IP
  5. Digital_shubhi

Best Answers:
    May be some problem with your card. I used mine with Mastercard 2 days ago and it worked nicely.

Digital_shubhi, Nov 27, 2011 IP
  6. HumanVirus

HumanVirus Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have visited the branch today and asked about this problem but no could give me a direct reason as to why it is not working. They have told me to wait for 48 hours; they will "look" into the matter.

HumanVirus, Nov 27, 2011 IP
  7. Digital_shubhi

Best Answers:
    If they can't solve it. Then simply apply and take VISA International Card.

Digital_shubhi, Nov 27, 2011 IP
  8. DumpPaypal

DumpPaypal Peon

Best Answers:
    THERE ARE problems with HDFC bank credit card as well as net banking.
    They have been getting " VERY " shitty lately.

On sunday too their netbanking was off from 2am to 11 am... Horribly long!
    Their netsafe facility is also getting bad. On loggin in, often gives "No Cards for this account error" or on generation, "Server is in Downtime"
    In fact, in my experience,i once tried to generate netsafe cards while this shit was on(downtime etc) and to my surprise, no card was shown on generation ..still money got deducted.
    The card was not even visible in the unused cards list.

The complained that to credit card support which is equally shitty with canned emails ready ...and never quick than 2 days! (If i paste my and their email conversation , you can't imagine how non-serious they are (barring some departmental heads)
    They are not even ready to accept that (not on email and even on phone call)...that their system sucked that time (or something was wrong at their end) even after showing them proof screenshot's of the errors.
    Later they returned the money to my credit limit as they had no reason/transaction for the same.(LAME).
    The same thing happened with netsafe created from MC DEBIT card. Those debit card morons dont even have an direct email contact. one needs to call some talking parrots , who know a dime about how netsafe works ....! They also reverted the amount later.

This proves their honesty and quality of service as well as support.

(Overall though i like hdfc bank... (over other private banks...prolly who are more crappy) is only that they provide some service.... though they are meanest of all for MONEY MINTING)

Actually they have been doing changes to netsafe platform ( the new interface is bit different) THATS A REALITY and logically while changing things, webmasters screw up but you are a REAL A** Hole if you do not accept that your systems sucked (threw errors) during quite a number of times..during all this period and still going on!

The above things are know are people who regularly use them... not who use it once/twice a day! I am one of the former!

DumpPaypal, Nov 27, 2011 IP
  9. MrTM

MrTM Active Member

Best Answers:
    I dont know whether you using through paypal or not. Because this post is under paypal I assume you trying using paypal.
    Then you should always remember to avoid using netsafe in paypal. Though technically its correct to use, Paypal system is too much sensitive to HDFC netsafe. This is true. But I am not sure why? May be netsafe allows us to change VCC card holder name. Its my wild guess.

Second thing, recently I could see some changes made to netsafe from HDFC (atleast I can see look and feel of card pic they display after you log on). After that I am getting strange problems every time I log on (mine is Visa).
    This means its not accepting pin every time eventhough i give correct one. But it is allowing me to change its PIN.
    So there is some problem in validating its pin. Even, when you give card to merchant they validate PIN during verified by visa or secure master card time. So if PIN validation has problems, it may fail. That is my observation.

Recently I had excellent results with Kotak virtual card (called net card). No single failure. Its worth opening their Trinity Account with 2.7k INR or so, then get no min balance saving account and keep an end to netsafe from HDFC forever. Initially HDFC netsafe was good. I used it for many transactions. But lately I just dont believe when it works when it dont. AXIS has similar card, but AXIS bank website dont work with latest JVM. So its worthless to change to AXIS.

More over Kotak has two way verification to their bank account (means main password and mobile pin verification). So you can use it from outside computer systems without any worries.

So my humble request for all of HDFC customers to stop using its netsafe card. Switch to some thing else.

MrTM, Nov 30, 2011 IP
  10. Digital_shubhi

Best Answers:
    Working fine for me.. And I use a VCC almost daily on several sites which accept CC. And I use it once in a while in PP as well without any problem.

Digital_shubhi, Nov 30, 2011 IP
  11. MrTM

MrTM Active Member

Best Answers:
    Here there are two different aspects. One is using VCC on sites which accepts CC. This is absolutely recommended approach with any site with any VCC, including HDFC netsafe. But there is lot more possibility is there your HDFC netsafe (Not any other VCC) may not work. This may happen because now a days (not before three months) HDFC netsafe is causing problem when I tried to log on its own webpage. I was following up with the Bank and issue is with bank more than a month. They have no answer.

Coming to the second aspect. Using VCC with PayPal. I have personally seen when my friends account got limited after using HDFC Bank netsafe (not other VCC) and PayPal was insisting for CC photocopy and then gone in to limitation. So big NO NO to use HDFC bank netsafe in PayPal. May be PayPal engine may not be so sensitive to other VCCs.

I observed few major difference between HDFC VCC and other bank (ex Kotak) VCC. HDFC allows name change of its VCC account where as other like Kotak wont. Some other Banks may be allowing name change. But I have no exp with others. Recently HDFC netsafe VCC is behaving inconsistency when I tried to log on to its own web page. Thus inconsistent validations may result in failure during verified by visa/Master secure time I believe.

MrTM, Nov 30, 2011 IP
  12. DumpPaypal

DumpPaypal Peon

Best Answers:
    What do you mean when you say "HDFC allows name change of its VCC account"
    Do not understand it in any way! (Do not find any option to change name anywhere too)

DumpPaypal, Dec 1, 2011 IP
  13. MrTM

MrTM Active Member

Best Answers:
    Name displayed on the netsafe card is same as the name that we give in the name field when we register a card to HDFC verified by visa webpage. Thus you can think of an account with HDFC verified by visa. Now after we create this account we can start creating VCCs from the balance of that card. Assume you created first VCC i.e. first netsafe card. Now, you can change your name in the name field of your HDFC verified by visa account. Then you can create second VCC.

Ex:
    your Debit card ending with 1111 on which your name is "A AA A"
    When you register with verified by visa you can have your name as "AA A" in your netsafe account.
    Now when you create VCC your name on the card would be "AA A"
    Now you changed your name on the account to "A AA A"
    Now if you create a VCC, your name on VCC would be "A AA A"
    Now if you use your first card, ideally its should be "AA A". But what is the gurantee that PayPal API is not refering to your verified by visa account name which is "A AA A". Their bots may consider this as well and report some thing is wrong.
    Infact I personally know one of my friends account got limited exactly after this scenario. All we got from PayPal is. Same is being told him every time even over phone. I know him personally and checked his paypal account transactions. He hardly made any considerable transactions.
    ===================================================
    For the safety and security of the PayPal network, we often review
    accounts for potential risks. After reviewing your account, we have
    decided to close it because of security issues.
    ===================================================

MrTM, Dec 1, 2011 IP
  14. Digital_shubhi

Best Answers:
    There is no name on a VCC. You can use it with any name. I have used it and it works well.

Digital_shubhi, Dec 1, 2011 IP
  15. sufia

sufia Active Member

Best Answers:
    hdfc netsafe card It works fine.

sufia, Dec 1, 2011 IP
  16. VZ3000

VZ3000 Peon

Best Answers:
    HDFC net safe is not working for last 4-5 days. I used to pay ebay fees through netsaafe but now ebay is rejecting this card saying invalid card identification number (VCC). I have tried 4/5 cards but no success. They are not working on paypal either. Anybody faacing same problem ?

VZ3000, Dec 10, 2011 IP
  17. itismine

itismine Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can pay the HostGator through the Visa/Master Card secure code without using the netsafe(There will be an option below the credit card option).
    Make sure your Third Party Transfer is enabled already.

itismine, Dec 10, 2011 IP
  18. BlackorWhite

BlackorWhite Peon

Best Answers:
    itismine has said the right. Pay using your Master Card. Be sure to register it before paying (once only for the first time).

You can not pay via PayPal through Master Card / Visa in India as per regulations of Reserve Bank of India. You can receive without any problem.

In order to have a successful transfer with AXIS/HDFC/CITI BANK/ICICI and Master Card Secure Code, you need -

1. An SB or AC account linked with the Master Card.
    2. Activated card (using the card for the first time in any ATM activates it).
    3. Sign up the Master Card Secure code online form. Your card's papers will tell the url.
    4. A merchant who is verified by Master Card itself and NOT blacklisted.
    5. The online transaction must have SSL certificate.

There are reasons behind INR is controlled by RBI strictly. INR is the next candidate for being Reserve Currency. They need to record each an every International Transactions. PayPal has been limited by features in India as it functions like a Bank without being a True Bank.

In other words, you can pay using your Master Card to the most big merchants. Brand of Bank does not matter, the Bank is just another customer of Master Card. You are using the features of Master Card which are regulated by RBI.

There is almost no way to pay an Individual residing outside India except via International Cheque or Draft. Any International Debit or Credit Card from Master Card or Visa will work well in the same way in India.

BlackorWhite, Dec 10, 2011 IP
  19. theonly1

theonly1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Any one used Netsafe card recently ? Can someone confirm if it worked?

theonly1, Dec 12, 2011 IP
  20. Digital_shubhi

Best Answers:
    Working well for me... Used it 2 days ago on a site accepting CC.
    And mine is MasterCard.

Digital_shubhi, Dec 12, 2011 IP