1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Is The Meaning Of Google Search Engine?

Discussion in 'Google' started by jessica1410, Nov 22, 2011.

Hello Guys,

We all people knows that what is Internet? What is the use of Internet? and we also knows that what is Google? and Why we use Google?
    But can anyone tell me that What is the meaning of Google?
    There are many search engines we are using but mostly people like Google and also some people using Yahoo but Yahoo name have sense (like we saying happily Yahoo.!!) But what about Google Name Sense.!?

So please share your views about my confusion.

Thank You.

jessica1410, Nov 22, 2011 IP
  2. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google simply helps you find the stuff you are looking for, just like any other search engine. It just happens that Google is the most popular search engine.

danasurvey, Nov 22, 2011 IP
  3. alexrobort

alexrobort Peon

Best Answers:
    Giving Opinions & Options Generously Linked Everywhere

alexrobort, Nov 23, 2011 IP
  4. den1231

den1231 Peon

Best Answers:
    Google Search Engine is the best search engine among the rest, this engine is design to gives the exact result of what your are trying to search in the search engine. Or its better called for GFA - google for answer.

den1231, Nov 23, 2011 IP
  5. jessica1410

jessica1410 Peon

Best Answers:
    Guys !! Guys !! Guys !!

My question is "What is the meaning of Google name?" "Why Google owner's give name Google to Google?"

jessica1410, Nov 23, 2011 IP
  6. RumpledElf

RumpledElf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It used to do that, it doesn't anymore. It just has a bit of a guess about what you're looking for and gives you something else these days. I really dislike that.

As to the name 'google', I could equally ask why Yahoo has that name, or Microsoft, or any other business, or any band name, or names of anything ...

RumpledElf, Nov 23, 2011 IP
  7. nabilacute

nabilacute Active Member

Best Answers:
    simple way go here: What is the meaning of Google name?

nabilacute, Nov 23, 2011 IP
  8. RobertLindsey

RobertLindsey Peon

Best Answers:
    Google began in January 1996 as a research project by Larry Page and Sergey Brin when they were both PhD students at Stanford University in California. Page and Brin originally nicknamed their new search engine "BackRub", because the system checked backlinks to estimate the importance of a site.
    Eventually, they changed the name to Google, originating from a misspelling of the word googol, (e.g. the number one followed by one hundred zeros), which was picked to signify that the search engine wants to provide large quantities of information for people.

RobertLindsey, Nov 23, 2011 IP
  9. smaluioa

smaluioa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google is the mathematical term for a 1 followed by 100 zeros. The term was coined by Milton Sirotta, nephew of American mathematician Edward Kasner, and was popularized in the book, “Mathematics and the Imagination” by Kasner and James Newman. Google’s play on the term reflects the company’s mission to organize the immense amount of information available on the web.”

smaluioa, Nov 23, 2011 IP
  10. digitalwebman06

digitalwebman06 Active Member

Best Answers:
    awesome description :)
    really happy to know the history of Google :)

digitalwebman06, Nov 23, 2011 IP
  11. antheay

antheay Peon

Best Answers:
    Full form of GOOGLE is "Global Organization Of Oriented Group Language Of Earth" and Full form of YAHOO is "Yet Another Hierarchical Officious Oracle".

antheay, Nov 24, 2011 IP
  12. rizecorp

rizecorp Peon

Best Answers:
    The founders of Google got the name Google from another word, googol, which is a word to describe a very large number, a one followed by a hundred zeroes. The story is there was a mathematician named Edward Kasner and he needed a word to describe a large number. So, he asked his nephew, a nine-year-old boy named Milton, and out of nowhere, Milton said, "How about googol?" Edward liked the word, used it, and it became popular, and entered the dictionary. Now, when the Google founders were looking for a word to name their engine they decided to go with the word googol, respelled as Google, because that would imply that they have googols of pages indexed in their search engine.

From vocabulary.com :)

rizecorp, Nov 24, 2011 IP
  13. willjammy

willjammy Peon

Best Answers:
    Means there you can find everything.It provides all necessary information related to the topic present on the web.
    Google is the no. 1 search engine.

willjammy, Nov 24, 2011 IP
  14. RobertLindsey

RobertLindsey Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think people are able to conceptualize how large 10 followed by 100 zero (or 10 to the 100th power) is. I was at an environmental hearing a couple of decades ago and one of the believers was holding up a document he claimed as proof that 10 to the 100th power grams of radioactive carbon was being released from the stack at a nuclear processing facility. 10 to the 100th power grams is the equivalent of millions and billions and billions of solar system masses (e.g. take the mass of the sun plus earth plus all the other planets, throw in a few black holes and add a dozen or more of zeros).... In my considered opinion the document he was holding up was either wrong or he had greatly misinterpreted something it said.

RobertLindsey, Nov 24, 2011 IP
  15. golfpro1

golfpro1 Peon

Best Answers:
    There are plenty of theories, but really it's from the inventors, and what they were thinking of at the time

golfpro1, Nov 25, 2011 IP
  16. jessica1410

jessica1410 Peon

Best Answers:
    i think we should contact to Larry page and Sergey Brinn :p

jessica1410, Nov 25, 2011 IP
  17. jeet13

jeet13 Peon

Best Answers:
    h h h h h h h h h h very funny, i can also tell you just give me your No. Actually i don't know "how to write?" that's why :p

jeet13, Nov 28, 2011 IP
  18. rackharry

rackharry Peon

Best Answers:
    Its a search engine or you can say website where you can find all information related to every thing.

rackharry, Nov 28, 2011 IP
  19. iccube

iccube Peon

Best Answers:
    In simple words, what you don't know or confused ,simply GOOGLE the doubt and you end in a SERP of lots of pages to make your doubt cleared fully..
    Thus, what GOOGLING means an info..

iccube, Nov 29, 2011 IP
  20. seoaccount

seoaccount Peon

Best Answers:
    Google has number of products like yahoo. But initially google made its image as a search engine, and has become the no. 1 search engine. At present no other search engine can beat Google. So, Google is mainly known as a good search engine and after this, other Google products come into light.

seoaccount, Nov 30, 2011 IP