1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Thinking about leaving Wordpress to Utilize Adsense

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by DysfunctionalBachelor, Nov 23, 2011.

Hi there,

FYI: Complete utter newbie here. I don't know the first thing about IT, building websites or running blogs.

I have a blog on wordpress.com I started it a couple of months ago and it's now getting 30k hits a month. Wordpress said once I got 25k a month they would do a 50/50 revenue split on ads. They just emailed me to say that "ad control" is full at this stage and "if" a slot became available they would be in touch.

So the question is, if I were to move my blog away from wordpress (I have no idea how (remember I'm a complete techno idiot) or how much it would cost to run) in order to utilize adsense what sort of money would I expect to make with 30,000 or 50,000 hits a month.

My blog is nothing specific, just a guys take on dating and the battle of the sexes and what not. So no specific niche.

From the little research I've done I understand that there isn't necessarily a correlation between traffic and revenue but surely their must be some relationship?

Thanks in advance for any assistance. I enjoy writing content but I hate all the back end stuff.

:)

DysfunctionalBachelor, Nov 23, 2011 IP
  2. vfleming

vfleming Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would keep wordpress, just move from wordpress.com to wordpress.org. With Wordpress.org you have complete control over your blog. It is self hosted. I'm not sure how to move from WP.com to self hosted WP. I'm guessing you have access to your DB. If so get a hosting account from Godaddy or HostGator and buy a domain name if you have not already. Back up your DB after creating one on your new hosting account and move it over.Forward your old WP.com site to your new one.

Again, I have never used WP.com, only .org so I can't help you there.

If you are getting 30K hits a months you will make money if you set it up right.

I would visit wordpress.org and read through their Codex Docs.

I would also ask these questions on wordpress.org and not here. They have a very active support forum.

If you need help installing WP on a new hosting account you can PM me or go through .org.

Good luck!

vfleming, Nov 23, 2011 IP
  3. DysfunctionalBachelor

DysfunctionalBachelor Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks so much for your response. I own the domain name and have a site to host it. I've looked into wordpress.org although it was extremely daunting for someone of my limited skill set. I will take another look at .org and if I get stuck I would love to take you up on your offer.

Thanks again.

4. nabilacute

nabilacute Active Member

Best Answers:
    wordpress is one of cms with seo friendly.... i build site with wp too

nabilacute, Nov 23, 2011 IP
  5. DysfunctionalBachelor

DysfunctionalBachelor Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry, you might as well be talking Arabic to me. cms, seo...

6. vfleming

vfleming Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, let me know

Vince

vfleming, Nov 24, 2011 IP