1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My traffic is dropping like a after adding Adsense to my site!

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by broadcastle, Nov 23, 2011.

I started developing a domain and finally started getting decent traffic numbers. I then signed up for Adsense and applied the ads on my site. As soon as my ads started showing up on my site my traffic numbers went down the first day about 30%, the next day 60% and now I have only at about 15% of the traffic I did just 3 days ago before ads started showing on my site.

I know how to design and have been doing it for a long time now, so I know where to places in correct areas of a site without annoying viewers. I also followed strictly Google's advice on suggested ad placements and colors.

My question is: Does Adsense affect traffic in ways other than the fact that viewers may simply be turned off by the fact that NOW you are trying to get paid?

This is really frustrating, because I did everything by right and finally got on the first page of Google and my site's now ranks around 1,200,000 on Alexa all after a month's worth of LEGIT SEO practices. I busted my ass to post back links and right articles...and when I finally decide to get paid from my hard work by adding Adsense what the fuck happens? My traffic drops like a rock! :mad::mad::mad: What did I do to deserve this!?

Has anyone else heard of Adsense negatively affecting traffic? I'm considering that it could be something else non site related affecting my traffic, but it's deeply suspicious that it started EXACTLY right after the ads started showing up....

Thanks for any advice!

broadcastle, Nov 23, 2011 IP
  2. Rupam Das

Rupam Das Active Member

Best Answers:
    sometimes new sites need consistent effort for getting the traffic. A reason might be that while you were putting the ads, you might not have updated the content. AdSense reducing the traffic is not really a stuff. I think it will improve soon as you get on with your link building measures and content updation again.

Rupam Das, Nov 23, 2011 IP
  3. RumpledElf

RumpledElf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When was this? My traffic is down about 50% all this week, I'm putting it down to Thanksgiving. I get most of my traffic from the US. Traffic drops at xmas too.

RumpledElf, Nov 23, 2011 IP
  4. nabilacute

nabilacute Active Member

Best Answers:
    are you sure because adsense? maybe your site get penalti from google...just my opinion

nabilacute, Nov 23, 2011 IP
  5. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    How many ad units are you displaying on the page? You could have been hit by the panda update, the latest one was on Nov 20/21.

dcristo, Nov 23, 2011 IP
  6. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's not the root cause of traffic drop. Adsense don't affect the seo, it is just advertisement

lifeplayer, Nov 23, 2011 IP
  7. wonay

wonay Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    The timing of inserting Adsense strangely coincides with the timing of the latest Panda update in your country.

Adsense has nothing to do with your traffic drop, Panda has everything to do with it.

Regards,
    Wonay

To slay the Panda follow some of the posts related to Panda on this forum.

wonay, Nov 23, 2011 IP
  8. gadieid

gadieid Peon

Best Answers:
    Ad-sense should not have a negative affect but it really depends where you put the ads. Usually an horizontal banner in the top, but make sure that even from small screens there will be some good content visible without the need to scroll down. If someone see ads on the top, and on the side, and then the tile fo the site and that's it he might go to the next place quite quick.

gadieid, Nov 23, 2011 IP
  9. DeanJames

DeanJames Active Member

Best Answers:
    The Panda update has affected many webmasters. Without doing any digging it looks as though this is a coincidence and your site was affected by recent algorithm changes.

DeanJames, Nov 24, 2011 IP