1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Domain contains dodgy word, but not a dodgy site [Help!]

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by adslgeek, Nov 21, 2011.

Hey there,

I have a website http://www.thegamewhore.com (which in gaming circles means a person who really loves gaming, and is not meant as a dodgy term).

What I have seen is that to Google I appear to be a dodgy site, so I seem to be in the non safe searches only.

Also the traffic they are sending through are mainly dodgy related search terms.

My question is:
    1) Can I do something to tell Google I am not dodgy?
    2) I have registered an alternate domain which I am pointing to my site http://gamezoneportal.com/] but:
    - If I move my content to the new domain will this not then get a duplicate content penalty?
    - If I 301 from my old domain to the new one, I will be stuck with the bad dodgy classification?

Thanks heaps!
    Jay
    www.freshzeal.com

adslgeek, Nov 21, 2011 IP
  2. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    if you are concerned about the current domain name, then move your content over to the new domain and do a 301 redirect. thats the best and easiest way yo resolve this issue. since there will be a 301 redirect, there is no duplicate content issue as you are letting google know that your site permanently moved to the new domain. thats the whole purpose of 301 redirect.

sultanofseo, Nov 21, 2011 IP
  3. adslgeek

adslgeek Member

Best Answers:
    So if I just move the content to the new site, and then close down the old domain, then that should be a clear message that they are different sites?
    - I think I will just ditch or sell the original name but was wondering what might happen to duplicate content etc.

adslgeek, Nov 21, 2011 IP
  4. Tamcake

Tamcake Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes you have to ditch the domain but once you shoot up in rankings, you'll be glad you did.

Tamcake, Nov 21, 2011 IP
  5. uma jangir

uma jangir Peon

Best Answers:
    i think u have to change ur site content. It is possible , that containing any spam word that r not suitable for ur site according to google . And ur site will not be panalize. :)

uma jangir, Nov 22, 2011 IP
  6. stardik

stardik Member

Best Answers:
    i don't know mate.

yup your site will get duplicate content, but if you do 301 move permanet your site will not get duplicate

stardik, Nov 23, 2011 IP
    adslgeek likes this.