1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Some basic uploading tips a lot of people don't know

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by MaX., Jun 26, 2011.

This is just basic stuff, but i have seen tons and tons of stupid questions so i thought I'd write a tut of sorts

1) Get your own source: Leeching from rlslog and oneddl just isn't good enough. What a lot of people don't get is that the editors usually get their stuff from SCC, BTN or even IPT, so why not eliminate the middle man (in this case the blogs) and just get the stuff from their source directly? If you are just starting with uploading, IPT is good enough, but SCC is far better. On SCC there are only scene releases, which is what most people want, while on IPT you have personal encodes and a bunch of other shit you have to sift through to get to what you want. It's hard to get a SCC invite, since they cost an existing member 10 euro to purchase, but if you can get one for 10 euros, i recommend it.

2) Choosing between Rapidleech/Sborg/RDP: this is really up to personal preference. I wouldn't recommend rapidleech, as it's rather primitive now. Sborg is good for a few reasons, it saves time and is mostly automated. On the downside it makes your posts looks pretty generic and unappealing, at least in my opinion. An RDP requires a lot more work as everything has to be done manually, but in general it's faster for downloading torrents which you should use for scene releases.

3) Making the posts: this is a very important step. You don't want your posts to look like generic shit. If you just put: cover, screenshots and download links, expect little replies and practically no downloads. Put some effort into your posts, make them look good and unique. Adopt a posting template that you always follow. Look at successful uploaders threads on wbb (nCODE, NightMarez, IamAWESOME etc) and see how they make their posts. Pay someone to make you some buttons and a banner as well.

4) Provide support in your threads. Nobody likes a poster that doesn't give a shit about his downloaders. Check all of your threads daily, reply to questions (logically, this also bumps your thread to the front page), and assist members any way you can. This will pay off in the end, as it will substantially add to your rep.

5)Pick your niche: This is advice that is given a lot, but some people don't understand what i means. It means that you should pick a certain type of warez to upload (like movies or music) and stick to it. It might be hard for you to decide which niche to pick. Here's an easy way to decide, but it will take some time. Every week, for 1 month, upload a specific type of warez. For example. Week 1 - Movies, Week 2 - Games, Week 3 - TV shows, Week 4 - Music. Note your results, replies and views and the members responses to your topic. After that you can compare and decide which niche is best for you. You probably won't get good results if you post games, music and movies at the same time, as you will have a lot more to post, and the quality of your posts will not remain high.

6) Picking the forums you want to post on: a lot of people just buy a multi poster and add some small shitty forums that depend on DDL traffic. You should not waste your time posting on dozens of low traffic forums. You will not get any downloads. You should only post on forums with organic traffic. Try avoiding posting uploads that get submitted to DDL sites. Now that katz is gone, you won't get many download and it's a pure waste of time. Some good warez forums that you probably know are: warez-bb, freshwap, tehparadox, projectw etc. Remember, nobody will tell you the forums that get him the most downloads cause that would bring more competition and lower his earnings. Google is your friend, search for warez forums and search for general discussion boards that allow warez posting.

7) Gaining a reputation: Pretty much the only way to earn money by posting warez is by gaining a rep on big forums. Warez-bb is a good example. A member here on DP is extremely popular on warez-bb and earns a ton of money by posting primarily games. His topics are very unique, and contain multiple hosts (discussed more bellow). It takes time to gain a rep since there is a lot of competition, but it's not impossible. The most important thing is to be consistent, keep putting out the newest releases with the highest quality topic you can possibly make.

8) Choosing the right filehosts: Here are the filehosts i recommend. Games: RS/MU/FS/FSC/MF/MS, Movies: RS/MU/FS/FSC + another host of your choosing (FP or FJ), TV shows: RS/MU/FS/FSC + (FP or FJ). I know people dislike RS/MU for many reasons, but notice on big forums like wbb which topics have the most views and replies. It's extremely rare that topics without RS or MU succeed.

9) Buying a multiposter: It will boost your earnings if used correctly. Again, don't add tiny bullshit forums, only add high traffic ones. I recommend getting ThemaPoster. The app is a little complicated but there is a good FAQ on the site and the developer is a friendly guy so he will help you out as well. Now, the only way a multiposter helps your earnings is by saving you time, so you can post more. Instead of manually posting on lets say 10 forums, you do it with 1 click, and you have more time to make more posts.

10) The most important thing, don't give up. If you are uploading just for quick money, stop. That's not the way it works. You have to put time and effort into it just like any other job. I've noticed a lot of members are persistent in being lazy and fucking stupid and not wanting to make any effort to get their own methods of earning money. Don't expect members that spent hours figuring out what niche fits them the best and which sites get the most downloads to just tell you their methods. So instead of wasting your time begging people to tell you how to upload, learn yourself.

hope this helps. do reply here if you got any more idea :rolleyes:

MaX., Jun 26, 2011 IP
  2. Th3KiNG

Th3KiNG Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thanks buddy

Th3KiNG, Nov 19, 2011 IP
  3. dkp

dkp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, but Duckload is closed few months :confused:

dkp, Nov 20, 2011 IP
  4. Th3KiNG

Th3KiNG Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    lol they pick other filehost

Th3KiNG, Nov 23, 2011 IP
  5. gambitz

gambitz Peon

Best Answers:
    A repost from WJ. You can even see WJ being mentioned in the post. and outdated filehosts :) I read this info last year at WJ. Not sure if same poster tho.

Good info for anybody starting out or struggling...

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
    gambitz, Nov 25, 2011 IP
  6. Selvja

Selvja Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing this valuable post and really you have provided such a good piece of info here. These tips are very helpful in uploading and we follow these tips we can easily safe our time in uploading.

Selvja, Nov 26, 2011 IP
  7. golfpro1

golfpro1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice tips, uploading for money is an interesting niche many are unaware of

golfpro1, Nov 26, 2011 IP
  8. gambitz

gambitz Peon

Best Answers:
    Curious why people continue to use Megaupload? Yes its awesome for leechers. But they dont pay uploaders.. hmmm... Anything I am missing?

gambitz, Nov 26, 2011 IP
  9. komrad

komrad Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Very nice tips. It seems not too hard to implement. Thanks mate!

komrad, Nov 26, 2011 IP
  10. cencal559

cencal559 Member

Best Answers:
    good stuff..

cencal559, Nov 26, 2011 IP
  11. MaX.

MaX. Active Member

Best Answers:
    they dont! but you will gain more reputation and get more replies in your threads which will increase your downloads in other paying hosts :)

MaX., Nov 27, 2011 IP
  12. prathaprabhu

prathaprabhu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good one mate - in addition to the above a bit of Luck + Good Time is needed :)

prathaprabhu, Dec 13, 2011 IP