1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you realy need PR?

Discussion in 'Google' started by alpalino, Nov 5, 2006.

The PR factor is really important when it comes to selling links on your website. But, I don't belive, by having PR0 can prevent you selling links.

Although they might not be accurate, there are websites, such as http://www.submitexpress.com/linkpop/, would show number of backlinks to a site. You can have general idea about the quality of those backlinks by studying them for 5-10 minutes.

Another thing you can do is, share your stats. Show people the amount of visitors you get. Also show the source of your traffic.

So, I belive, you can still sell links (maybe bit cheaper), eventhough you have PR0.

alpalino, Nov 5, 2006 IP
  2. frankcow

frankcow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. but you'll probably get less for them, unless you have a LOT of traffic

frankcow, Nov 5, 2006 IP
  3. ThisGoatStarves

ThisGoatStarves Peon

Best Answers:
    PR is an indicator that a site is around to stay at least for a while, by virtue of the fact it's already been around for a few months to accrue the PR in the first place.

It can be harder to convince people to buy links from you for a long period (say a year) if your site is PR0.

It's probably best to sell them per month as a starter until the site becomes more established.

ThisGoatStarves, Nov 5, 2006 IP
  4. alpalino

alpalino Peon

Best Answers:
    Ofcourse you won't get lots of money, but atleast you can make some money. Because, i came accross withsome site owner, who waits for their site to get PR to sell links.

My point is, you can still sell links without PR. But, I agree that, you won't get lots of money for a link.

alpalino, Nov 5, 2006 IP
  5. cgfx

cgfx Peon

Best Answers:
    Not all webmasters are crazy about PR as far as i'm concerned. Most would still consider buying links if your site has high relevant traffic.

cgfx, Nov 5, 2006 IP
  6. adwordaffiliate

adwordaffiliate Active Member

Best Answers:
    PR is only good imo for two things.

1). PR4+ is a great way to help you get Brand New Sites Indexed.
    2). Selling text links for residual income.

There's a few other things it's good for, like if you're an SEO company it wouldn't look too good if your main page was PR0 :p

PR has no effect on your rankings though.

adwordaffiliate, Nov 5, 2006 IP
  7. Bondat

Bondat Peon

Best Answers:
    PR is for trust rank. If you want to sell links PR is very important. The chances that your site will sell links if you have PR0 is very little. Yes PR is very important in selling links.

Bondat, Nov 5, 2006 IP
  8. aramiK

aramiK Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm quite sure most of my sites from PR0 will hit 4-5 most likely 5, and I would not sell a link before hand. Not because I can't make profit, but because I can make more later.

aramiK, Nov 5, 2006 IP
    Bondat likes this.
  9. Bondat

Bondat Peon

Best Answers:
    Good decision. I agree on that. ;)

Bondat, Nov 5, 2006 IP
  10. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you ever decide to trade links, you'll find that PR is also good for:

3) getting trades.

marketjunction, Nov 5, 2006 IP
  11. alpalino

alpalino Peon

Best Answers:
    That is my point aramik. There are people out there would sell links for sites like yours. I respect your decision completely for waiting to have PR and sell links for more price.

But some may and can sell links for PR0 sites that is expected to have good PR in next update.

I personally bought links from PR0 sites for resonable prices. But, I study my lesson before hand. I check their backlinks and the quality of those backlinks.

alpalino, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  12. mixke

mixke Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Well PR is only important if you plan to sell links .. but If you have the Traffic then you can still make some money via allowing others to advertise on your site..and yes by also selling links ( some will surely buy links for traffic if the site is relevant ) though they will be cheaper then the high PR ones .
    PR aint everything ;)

mixke, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  13. deano6410

deano6410 Guest

Best Answers:
    PR is not vital, but it certainly helps! ;)

deano6410, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  14. adnan

adnan Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually

The higher the pr, the more frequently it will pull up on the first few pages of googles search.

I mean you could have a hosting company or you could have a directory, but when you search for say web hosting or directory or web directory, I think Dreamhost or Dmoz will probably appear before yours.

Mainly because they have a high pr.

adnan, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  15. Mong

Mong ↓↘→ horsePower

Best Answers:
    imo its better to have good PR in all cases. its makes easy to convince others :)

Mong, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  16. alpalino

alpalino Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't agree at all. have you ever done google search on directory or online diretory. See the first result and check the page rank;) .

alpalino, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  17. Lexiseek

Lexiseek Banned

Best Answers:
    Of course you need PR. The Toolbar is six months outdated. You don't see the "real PR".

Lexiseek, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  18. Neale

Neale Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL online diretory is a spelty wrongly thats why it has no PR search for online directory I see 6-7-8 all over the page
    directory is all page PR8

Why would you want to reinvent the wheel ?

PR is the widely accepted value of a web site. And it is very unlikely to change in the forseeable future unless some one else comes up with a better idea that they can get more than 50% of sites to accept & impliment.

Traffic Stats are of little value alone, they can easily be manipulated. PR is harder to manipulate. A PR 0 is exactly that Zero. A site considered to be brand new. or one that has no backlinks at all.

Hop over to http://www.text-link-ads.com/ a quality company that knows about links, Register your PR 0 as a publisher & see if they accept it ?
    Truth is they will not accept it because it has PR0
    Another truth is all zeros are in fact Future PR3 after a period of time unless they do something stupid one single back link to an honest site will get you PR3 at the first or second update if you have 0 then your site is new or has no backlinks at all. If it is a 1 or a 2 it is doing something wrong in the eyes of G A PR3 Is actualy the minimum for an established honest site.

Neale, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  19. jaguar-archie2006

jaguar-archie2006 Banned

Best Answers:
    PR is useful in terms of link building.

jaguar-archie2006, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  20. ottodo

ottodo Guest

Best Answers:
    I think traffic is the key more than PR or Alexa :)

ottodo, Nov 6, 2006 IP