1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Questions! Please, help me out here.

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by cyril, Nov 15, 2011.

Hello,

I am a little bit new in this forum and would like to ask some questions to you before I start my business as have a very less idea.

I don’t know about SEO and I’m not very technical so, don’t tell me to do SEO for your site, please.

I am going to start a site on e cigarette. Is that good one niche?

Second thing, I want to sell the products so, which aff program would be fine for this?

Which are the best e cigarette products in the world?

How could I know the competitor of the products?

Is word press good for this?

Any other ideas that I need to learn while making a site then please leave your feedback here.

Feel free to P.M. me here.

Thanks

Cyril

cyril, Nov 15, 2011 IP
  2. hendra264

hendra264 Banned

Best Answers:
    that is a great niche

Second thing, I want to sell the products so, which aff program would be fine for this?
    maybe you can sell your own

maybe you can try to sell the best e cigarette in your country before

you can use this tool adwords.google.com

wordpress is the best site software now

hope this help you :)

hendra264, Nov 15, 2011 IP
  3. sames

sames Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    yes, i think he gave most of the answers correctly ....!!!

sames, Nov 16, 2011 IP
  4. knowlsey

knowlsey Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Please see answers below in red.

Good luck hope this has been some help.

Knowlsey.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
    knowlsey, Nov 16, 2011 IP
  5. falcon1959

falcon1959 Peon

Best Answers:
    Basic on site and off site seo is very easy and quick to do and does not take much time to learn. Try using the search function on this and other marketing forums. Also do a search on forums regarding good web page content.

As for the product you want to sell try typing the name of the product followed by the words "affiliate program" in to Google. I would target countries where smoking is working hard to help people give up smoking. I would definitely target USA to start with.

Find the websites that are on page one of google for your products main keywords. The copy their URL from your web browser and go to alexa.com and post their URL into the Alexa.com search window. This will give you the visitors for each URL you enter, and it will also give you the demographics of the visitors who visit that URL. This will start to give you some real useful information regarding your niche.

Don't be put off if this all seems a bit complicated as it is fairly easy to do and learn. As long as you are not scared of learning new skills you will be fine.

falcon1959, Nov 17, 2011 IP
  6. dailybread2011

dailybread2011 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hey Cyril,

The replies in this thread are seriously helpful. Very nice work everyone!
    My take on your questions is much like the other replies.
    Use Google to research the best selling e-cigarettes. Just type in something like: e-cigarettes affiliate programs and you should be ready to go.
    Adwords.google.com is the keyword tool everybody uses. Because it is good. If you can't find it, google "Keywords tool" and there it will be. Choose "Exact Matches". This will tell you how many people search for e-cigarettes each month and, if you click on the keywords on the left, it shows you how many competing sites there are. How cool is that?
    Wordpress is very good and used by lots of people. I personally find it a bit awkward to use. For a really cool, free site, I found Weebly.com is seriously easy to use and looks great. Or, create a blogger site with Google. (Just google: blogger) Not only is it simple, but Google loves them because they are her children. Just a tip.
    Basic SEO is easy. Think of it like a book. In English, books are read from left to right, top to bottom. Title. Sub-Title. Chapters. Content. That is a small nutshell, but add some backlinks from Fiverr or Warrior Forum and you are good to go.
    Hope this helps.

QUOTE=cyril;16986018]Hello,

[I am a little bit new in this forum and would like to ask some questions to you before I start my business as have a very less idea.

I don’t know about SEO and I’m not very technical so, don’t tell me to do SEO for your site, please.

Any other ideas that I need to learn while making a site then please leave your feedback here.

Feel free to P.M. me here.

Thanks

Cyril[/QUOTE]

dailybread2011, Nov 17, 2011 IP
  7. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can start with 3 basic things:

-Write quality content that you update on a regular basis.

-Use good keyords and keyword phrases in your content (words and phrases people might use on a search engine to find your site).

-Create quality backlinks to your site on forums, social networks, and other sites that allow it.

Good luck. :)

danasurvey, Nov 17, 2011 IP
  8. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Keep in mind that you must produce a quality website. There will be competitors who have done this very well. the biggest mistake that I think you might make it is starting to promote a website that is not competitive yet. the results is that you could waste a lot of time promoting something that is really not going to produce good results for you. so think very hard about how you can make this website better than your competitors. then you will be ready to begin marketing this website.

dvduval, Nov 20, 2011 IP
  9. storesf1

storesf1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I suggest you check out your competition. Again as suggested above use Google for the keyword "e-cigarettes" or "buy e-cigarette" and see what Google throws up. The returned results will give you your competitors. You should also take note of their overall rankings, backlinks etc... to evaluate if you have any chance of competing in this niche.

BTW the keyword - Buy e-cigarette has 42,500,000 page results "buy e cigarette" has 2,070,000 Very Competitive!!!

Dave

storesf1, Nov 20, 2011 IP
  10. Sue Neal

Sue Neal Peon

Best Answers:
    Competition's not necessarily a bad thing - your competitors can end up becoming your business partners! I wouldn't let a high level of competition put you off - it means it's a VERY profitable niche! What about trying to create a 'compelling offer', a give-away of some kind, to attract customers to your list? Also, check out what the competition is up to - visit their websites and social media pages to get ideas.

Sue Neal, Nov 20, 2011 IP
  11. dailybread2011

dailybread2011 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Great ideas Sue Neal. And a good point about competition not always being a bad thing. Plus the idea of creating a compelling offer as a give-away to build a list should be included in every online-marketer101.
    Some really good info here, Cyril.

dailybread2011, Nov 20, 2011 IP
  12. HELMI4EVER

HELMI4EVER Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Seo is big domain is still 2 years to be professional you can find many articles you can search in google

HELMI4EVER, Nov 20, 2011 IP
  13. golfpro1

golfpro1 Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO includes on-page and off-page SEO, on-page SEO ensures that your keywords are in the title, meta description, meta keywords and spread about naturally in the body.
    Off-page SEO on the other hand ensures that your keywords are used in anchor links (links back to your site)

golfpro1, Nov 21, 2011 IP
  14. millbey

millbey Peon

Best Answers:
    I would say any niche is good when you are depending on affiliate. The only thing you need to consider is if the niche has enough demand. And in this case it is positive, so go with it.

millbey, Nov 24, 2011 IP