1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to increase sales (Paid listings)

Discussion in 'Directories' started by samdar, Oct 30, 2011.

1. timur1505

timur1505 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    my directories have nothing to do with it but if you insist then I will say that my directories focus on real page rank from actual quality backlinks. I believe my directories are amongst the best out there.

I offer country specific directories, unique IPs, fast loading and most importantly I only give my link juice away to paying visitors.

I have created a program that allows me to remove over 250 spam keywords, to ban ip addresses. I also have a web based program that allows my more valued members to easily submit to any of my directories from 1 page.

I am happy to give a refund to anyone at anytime.

I sell what people want. I don't sell links because I believe I have a quality resource, that is where the true scam is.

Anyway I'm off to bed now. Ahhh I love making money while I sleep.

timur1505, Nov 15, 2011 IP
  2. samdar

samdar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here you are. There are wide range of people in the world. Few want quality and of course few people want just their link to be listed in a PR page. You belong to this category. Just because people want crap and just because people want a link, some folks can not get down and do business like you. There are some words called "ethics", "moral" and "quality".

Moreover your sites would be nothing but garbage content - And you openly agreed that you sell PR. Answer me this man. Does all your link pages are crawled? How much time does it take Google to crawl your latest links. Do a math and put those numbers here. If you are having a directory that accepts all content, all links without proper editorial guidelines, most of your details page won't be crawled. Over a period of time, you will be kicked out of the index.

Of course you can be happy to earn while you sleep today, but one day you might just wake up to see your whole empire fall.

Forget it, Dan. I have asked this before in some other thread. He wouldn't dare to show a single directory of his. We all know if somebody is hiding something there is something 'fishy' about it.

samdar, Nov 15, 2011 IP
  3. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    We see trolls here quiet often.. He probably owns nothing.

maldives, Nov 15, 2011 IP
    silencer likes this.
  4. timur1505

Best Answers:
    I am sorry but I am here for a discussion not to have rude people insult me. I am brutally blunt and honest about everything I say, the impression I get from this place is as follows:

"HAHAHA we run highly editorially approved directories yet we have no idea what benefits we are providing, to make ourselves feel better we can say that we have a quality resource"

This is what I have been trying to make clear, yet nobody understands it, everyone here insists on knocking down the majority of general link directories yet you have no idea what you are providing yourselves.

I encourage people to discuss this matter in a way that uses your brain, don't just agree with the next person, TEST TEST TEST thats all you need to be doing.

I will repeat this again:

MY DIRECTORIES OFFER PAGERANK AND IP DIVERSIFICATION.

Now please tell me what your directories offer?

Am I the only person that is open for a discussion on this matter?

My directories are well indexed, How? unedited links have the nofollow tag. If someone pays me for a featured link I will editorially approve it.

How exactly will I see my empire fall? Please elaborate or don't you know? Not to sound big headed but IMO I am one of the best in the business.

Just to make this clear all of my links that I sell are editorially approved by myself. I do not except junk in my directories.

The thing is my directories have nothing to do with this thread and I feel like people are making a personal attack on me because they can't defend what I am saying.

If anyone must know my business I am in process of building the best quality resource for directory owners and directory submitters, I have a huge budget to play with. My directory list is going to be 100% free and is going to be based on a UMT score which I plan on branding extremely well. The UMT score is going to comprise of a lot of factors including moz rank, moz trust, and moz authority.

I know this business better than anybody out there, if you want to be harsh and rude to me because you don't like what I am saying then I urge you to prove me wrong.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
    timur1505, Nov 16, 2011 IP
  5. samdar

samdar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You get the same treatment what you give for other people right? You weren't so cool in your replies. Ok, let's get back to 'discussion'.

You asked people to prove you wrong and here is what I am trying to do. Hope you take this in right sense. There is some thing called "authority" and "credibility" that I offer. When search engines crawl a directory's "content" and "links" and find that content to be unique, well edited and useful, they name the directory in their algorithm as "credible directory". I am borrowing a para from @Robjones's reply in one of my threads. If you have time go ahead and read the entire thread here -> http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2325367

If not just read the below para.

So, a well edited directory pass on credibility and authority which is a tangible benefit that can help a site improve their credibility, search ranking and traffic from search engines. This tangible factor can not be measured as search algorithms are not open to public. Here we are not at all talking about Page Rank. Does this mean I hate PR. No. PR is a great way to attract masses. If you have a well edited directory and have shity PR, you are doomed. People love PR and people demand PR. Does this mean PR is the authoritative factor? No way. PR used to be authoritative 5 to 7 years back. Even Google has confirmed that PR has nothing to do with traffic or authority. It is just the number and quality of sites linking to that particular site. PR is still sticking with Google just because it has been with them from the start and it has had so much to do with thier branding. Otherwise PR would have been thrown away long back. It is highly manipulative and can be easily achievable.

No, you have hell a lot of people doing that. Some are successful and some are not. It's a high risk gamble.

You are not getting the point man. It's never about no-follow or do-follow tag. It's about the CONTENT. Even if you approve free links with nofollow tags, search engines still crawl your content right? If you are not editing these free submissions, those contents will have the following:

- Duplicate content.
    - Crappy sales pitch.
    - Grammar mistakes.
    - False promises - Some one will say world's leading services, while offering some shitty service.
    - Wrong sentence formation.
    - etc., etc.,

So, in this case all you will have in terms content is junk, copied and corrupt. When search engines crawl they will find the content to be useless and badge your directory as "unedited" in their algorithm and remove the credibility part. The link that will have follow tag in your directory will not have the credibility juice as your directory itself will not be seen as a "human edited, credible directory". Does this mean that it will not transfer the PR juice? No. PR and credibility are different.

I said it "might". Google is known for de-indexing directories that are not edited and have more copied contents. That doesn't mean that I wish or your empire will be doomed. There are millions of websites that fly under the radar and still monetize and live on it. Who knows what can happen to them? Thank God, I don't wanna bet my life on it. Rather I will grow slow and be safe. Slow in terms of number of sites, and not in terms of revenue numbers. I know there are number of quality directory owners who earn like kings.

What do you mean by editorially approved? Are you telling that you edit only paid submissions and approve all free submissions as such with a no-follow tag. I guess yes. This is what you said in one of our other discussions. You said you accept all free submissions without editing them. And you said you are safe as you are giving no-follow tag.

This doesn't mean that you are editing, dude. You are allowing all crappy content in the world and as I said before directories credibility factor will be shriveled. But your PR might be still there and you might still sell links, unless and until Google one day will shut down these kind of directories.

Again I want to emphasise the fact that I am not against PR. PR is a great way to attract people. If you have great, quality directory with no PR no one would bother to submit. But understand that PR will follow you if you have quality content and highly edited directory. It's just gonna take some time. When you put your soul and spirit in developing something of "quality" and you know how to market it well, PR will follow. When this happens the "quality" directory will be recognized and the revenue will shoot up.

Well I don't want to be harsh or rude to you. I don't care what you do and its none of my business. But my points are clear and I have spent 30 minutes in battling the fact that your strategy is "not good" both to you and to the industry itself.

samdar, Nov 16, 2011 IP
  6. Renatus

Renatus Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting discussion, with two different schools of thought. I don't see any inherent contradiction between either, because I myself am a directory owner and ensure that my two directories contain only quality listings, with the PR factor taken into account as well. There's no need to argue over this, generally all directory owners do take PageRank seriously enough for their respective directories.

Renatus, Nov 16, 2011 IP
  7. stock_post

stock_post Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If we take the ego parts of - This thread is a good read..

We are all there to learn and prosper.. Let us be nice to each other and gain from each others experience..

There are some good points discussed (And we do not have to agree to one or the other) we are all adults and can take the good from the posts..

stock_post, Nov 16, 2011 IP
  8. timur1505

Best Answers:
    Being blunt and brutley honest is not the same, this is my personality. you are being outright rude.

1. Authority consists of authoritative content (not only unique) and authoritative links.
    Directories consist of snippets, Google is well versed in knowing which is which, lets take a look at a well known seoblog >> seomoz.org/blog notice how they use snippets? my directories use snippets, each page has unique content.

There is no such thing as credibility for search engines, there is what is called a Google trust rank. for a link to be considered high quality in Google's eyes it must have good trust.

How is trust allocated? Google allocates several sites as there top trusted seed sites. DMOZ, YAHOO Dir are both considered to be seed sites. If you by some miricle managed to obtain trust from the DMOZ home page, your trust level is going to be amongst the best out there. If you obtain a link on a DMOZ internal page that is 10 levels down, your link is not going to be as trusted, also your link is going to be distributed amongst several other external sites.

By me nofollowing free listings I am basically telling Google hey, I am unaware if this external link is any good so do not give it and SE value, we as directory owners should only be giving links out to trusted sources if you wish for your own trust to be high, this is exactly what I do. I do not give links to spam sites.

If I personally saw any benefit in doing any of that, I would be doing it myself.
    Maybe you are trying to follow in DMOZ or Yahoo Dir footsteps if so I can assure you that you will not get there and that you are following a dream that will never happen. Want an example of a highly trusted site? try wikipedia and notice that all external links are nofollowed. Now go to google and type "arts and humanities" which is a popular top level directory category name. now note who is more trusted.

I understand that my directories may have junk content, but that is not my problem, it does not effect me and it does not effect whether or not the page gets indexed. My directories are all well indexed and cached often.

if people know and understand how Google sees directories you will never have a problem with indexed pages. All of my directories have a high amount of indexed pages.

You are spot on. Any links that I personally have not approved gets the nofollow tag and that is exactly how Google expects you to do it.

I work on keeping trust and pagerank. I'm here to make money, I'm not here to work on things that don't matter.

PR or trust is not dependent on content. Google filters duplicate content from ranking well but that does not mean that they de-index it or lower the trust of your site. All of these things can be tested and I urge you to do that.

Having a debate about something is a great way to learn and if you look at a lot of my posts you will see that I am trying to entice people to talk about things like you have just done.

9. samdar

samdar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, we can keep talking back and forth like this - It's not gonna end. Some of your explanations doesn't make sense to me - Especially the ones around snipets, duplicate content, authority etc.,

I just want to point out one final thing:

You are completely wrong here. It may not be a problem right now. You may even run under the radar for years together. However when search engines hunt low quality directories and if you are one of them, it's a pain. Your hard work and your dynasty of directories are at risk. Personally I wouldn't do that for me. That is all.

Renatus, it's not about PR or not. The discussion that is boiling here is 'quality edition' or not.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
    samdar, Nov 16, 2011 IP
  10. timur1505

Best Answers:
    At the end of the day I am here to run a business, maybe this is your hobby I don't know. The thing is I am not doing anything wrong here and the thing is i'm not sure why you are trying to knock my directories down have ~I done anything to you? People submit to my directories because they are trying to manipulate the search engines themselves. I don't think anyone submits links to directories because it has nice titles and descriptions.

You are trying to prove something to me but I can come back at you constantly and that is why you are getting frustrated with me. I am here for a discussion so if you so if you would like to go further into detail please let me know.

11. samdar

samdar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oh boy, you wouldn't listen and you wouldn't accept. Ok, let's get this thing done. Please follow these steps.

Watch this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pu1YWcIh04. Even if you had watched this before watch it again.

What Matt is saying here? If you get money for directory submission Google looks into factors like this:
    - Editorial service
    - Rejection Ratio
    - Is your directory offering any "Anchor text"
    - Do you scout through internet and add links on your own etc., etc.,

You are not doing any of these, right? So, it is crystal clear that you are not running a directory. You are selling links. You are not a directory owner but a link seller - I took this liberty to name you. You have also agreed that you sell PR.

Here is my point:
    Am I against link selling and link buying? Who care what I think or what you think. I sell links myself. If you see my profile I have sold links for thousands of $$$ just in this forum. I was happy to do so in that type of business doing a middle man's job and get commission. In this case the seller earns money for risking and selling links. The buyer enjoys the profit of earning search ranks and pays for it on a monthly or quarterly basis. Ultimately every one is trying to cheat Google.

But directory business is entirely different. You are a service provider. You are not renting links or selling links on a monthly basis. People pay you lifetime and you will have to withhold their links for life time. Moreover the aim of a web directory is not just selling links. Google cares for paid links and slams directories who cover them up in the name of directories and sell links. I mean guys like you. They often slam sites like you who just accept any link, give any anchor text and help website owners to manipulate Google search.

Is Google God in judging what's good or evil? No. But your business model revolves around cheating Google. Do an analysis on this website:

http://beastdirectory.info

I bought some directory related domains that are having good backlinks. This domain was one of them. I was so stupid to buy this domain without checking Google cache. Apparently after purchasing this I realized that it was a domain that was slammed. I got in touch with the owner and he said that his directory was slapped because he was allowing "links" without proper edition.

Apply this scenario in your case. You are doing the same. Aren't you in the risk of getting slammed by Google? If your website is slammed where is your commitment to poor website owners who paid you for a life time link? By selling links like this camouflaging in the name of directory, you have demoralized your website and now if you get slammed, do you offer a refund for folks who paid you for a life time listing. If you are not offering a refund in this case, what sort of a business you are into? I will boldly name this as "fraud".

I can understand that you are running a business, you are after money to feed your family and things like that. I want to say this as polite as possible.

You are by definition not a directory owner. You are a link seller who sells links in the name of PR directory. Will you accept this fact??? If you accept, there is no point in talking to you about "quality directory" because you don't run a directory. You are into a different kind of a business but camouflage yourself in the name of web directory. If you don't accept this fact, boy you have some serious issues. That's all.

samdar, Nov 16, 2011 IP
  12. timur1505

Best Answers:
    The fact of the matter is that people purchase links for manipulation, people don't purchase links to be in what you feel is a quality resource. The kind of directories that you are going on about offer absolutely no value and if they did it would only be for the PR or IP diversification which is exactly the same as what i'm offering.

Google does not show you any love so why are you wasting your time? if I want a quality resource all I have to do is go search Google

I will repeat my links are editorially approved and I do not approve junk. I use the no follow tag for a reason which is exactly what is recommended by Google.
    Whether i use a keyword anchor or business name anchor makes no difference.
    I do not go and look for links, why would I waste my time doing this.

You are insisting that your directory is somewhat more beneficial than mine, if this was true I already be doing it. I test everything I do. A lot of my directories have great backlink profiles, how about yours? I am not only great at selling directory link, I am a great link builder.

Why are you associating me with fraud? I am perfectly happy to refund anyone at anytime for whatever reason. I am not here to scam anyone like you are suggesting. Whether you like link buyers or link sellers that is your problem. I wonder if you sell links on your directory, that would be ironic.

13. samdar

samdar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, enough is enough. You have some serious issues man. Google does show love to "quality directories" and I know what that means.

I was going through some of your directories - In fact quite a few of them. Don't want to embarrass you by listing all of them here. All I found was:

- Irrelevant domain names. Some were even funny !
    - PR in the range of 2,3,4. I think you have purchased expiring domains.
    - Directories full of ads - Adsense, banners, infolinks ads and what not.
    - Paid links - Few Chinese and other craps.
    - No editorial gate or anything like you said.
    - Good My IM status :)

Well, what would I say. If you are earning plenty from these so called directories, its good for you. Keep doing and please come back after a year or so to this thread and let us know if you still earn money from them. Coz I doubt that. Any ways good luck.

P.S.: I don't sell links on my directory.

samdar, Nov 16, 2011 IP
  14. Matthias

Matthias Member

Best Answers:
    I probably going to make an @$$ out of my self.. but it won't be the first time...

I personally use directories as much as I use search engines. That being said, there are a few PR0 directories that I frequent quite heavily because the content is very different from most others. I firmly believe, based upon my 10 years of own and operating my own server that I built from scratch, the page rank is over bloated and too much emphasis is wrongly put on it. Content will always trump page rank.

Building anything on the web just to turn a profit without any quality is always a recipe for failure.

Matthias, Nov 16, 2011 IP
  15. silencer

silencer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You are doing something wrong. You are selling pagerank. Are you a complete buffoon, or are you just such a complete narcissist that you believe the drivel that comes out of your mouth?

You keeping quoting SEOMOZ as a quality SEO resource (and it is). Go over there and ask them if you selling pagerank is a good business model for SEO.

The "information" you keep coming back with is ridiculous. Yes, it suits your scam business model (i.e. selling pagerank), but that's about it.

You keep puffing up your chest and saying how you know the business better than anyone else, and how everyone is being rude. Mate, you came in swinging and you dished it out, don't start whingeing if you can't take it back.

Then they offer nothing of value, and your purported knowledge of the industry is kindergarten. Back to school.

silencer, Nov 16, 2011 IP
  16. Watchdog

Watchdog Peon

Best Answers:
    timur1505,

I am selling Pagerank just like every other general link directory.

That's rubbish. As a directory owner of long standing I never once offered the site's Pagrank or any portion of it for sale.

I know you have a directory list but it is flawed, do you know how Google trust is calculated? you are just kidding yourself and making everyone else dumb around you.

If that is the case then why are so many other people trying to emulate it and pretend the list is their work?

You think i'm talking BS? Go to a real SEO forum but be warned you will be laughed out of there.

He doesn't need to, he owns one, heh. Your ignorance of the motives of many other people is matched only by your lack of understanding of the SEO industry.

Watchdog, Nov 17, 2011 IP
  17. timur1505

Best Answers:

timur1505, Nov 17, 2011 IP
  18. samusbox

samusbox Peon

Best Answers:
    Paid Listings, Website, Business Cards/Networking, Blogging ... that you can apply right away to save time and money, create awareness and increase sales.and a big thing to work heard

samusbox, Nov 17, 2011 IP
  19. samdar

samdar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I thought you would stop. But you will never do or will never learn. I was thinking of not doing this, but now that you have forced me, here is some embarrassment juice for you:

Here are some texts taken from your so called directories.

With all due respect, Timur, may I ask WTF is this? In DP you said you don't moderate your free submissions and I can see that from your latest links. Then what BS is vigorous inspection, professional business, title and information informative to a potential reader. Are you nuts, man?

So, you say one thing on your directories and offer something else thereby cheating poor webmasters. What does this mean? Now how should we call you after seeing your BS works.

Better accept that you are link seller trying to camouflage in the name of directories and walk away. It's better for you that way.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
    samdar, Nov 17, 2011 IP
  20. timur1505

Best Answers:
    Why are you naming my businesses? this is pure spite. there is nothing wrong in sharing opinion but you are going way way over the top. Please note that my free listings are nofollowed. Any listings that offer value do not have the nofollow tag put in place. This is in guidelines with Googles recommendations.

You have been racist and hurtful and now you are attacking my businesses. This is all unnecessary. This is a forum where people have discussions, not a place to bully and abuse.

timur1505, Nov 17, 2011 IP