1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

backlinks i have not asked for

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by kuddus, Nov 12, 2011.

in awstat report for my website i have noticed backinks from sites i never asked for. many sites are adult related site andnone are not related to my niche. Does anyoe know having baclink from adult related site will cause any problem with my ranking. My site is 4 months old but i have not started any link building it yet.

kuddus, Nov 12, 2011 IP
  2. domainnamesalez

domainnamesalez Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think you can get into trouble from getting backlinks from Adult sites. Sometimes backlinks are not something that are in your control, anyone can post your site on their site. Still if it bothers you then you should request those websites to take down your link.

domainnamesalez, Nov 13, 2011 IP
  3. wordpresshosting

wordpresshosting Peon

Best Answers:
    I thought competitors create such links to destroy your link building schemes, but I dont think it will work.

Don't worry about it - keep building good links, and creating good content.

wordpresshosting, Nov 14, 2011 IP
  4. kuddus

kuddus Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you so much for your reply. I guess I am just going to ignore it as contacting webmaster for each link can take up lot of my time

kuddus, Nov 15, 2011 IP
  5. Juvie22

Juvie22 Peon

Best Answers:
    you can`t totally take care of all your backlinks. if someone wishes to put a link to your site you can`t do a thing. but it will not affect you, indeed

Juvie22, Nov 15, 2011 IP
  6. cheesee

cheesee Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't worry about, just build quality links, and those links will overrule the adult links and won't affect SERPS.

cheesee, Nov 15, 2011 IP
  7. geester1

geester1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If your site isnt in the adult industry, this could class your site as a bad neighbourhood and get your site penalised with Google. Just contact the sites and ask them to remove the links - if they are in the blogroll etc, this normally works.

geester1, Nov 22, 2011 IP
  8. SerVision

SerVision Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think that Backlinks should matter. As Google pays little or no attention to spammy links and these links either have no value or worth that is why you shouldn't matter. They can't really harm your site. To counter them just build links to high PR related sites.

SerVision, Dec 2, 2011 IP
  9. gauthamvit2003

gauthamvit2003 Peon

Best Answers:
    Geester is spot on. I agree with him.

There are many reasons why one get links from other sites to which they have not linked to.
    1)If the article you have posted in article directories are used by others in their own site you can get links from different domains, TLDs.
    2)If at any stage you have used any automated submission services then you don't have any control over from where the links come
    3)I have seen competitors link the sites to other bizzare sites in order to bring down the page rank as well as top SERP

If you are not comfortable with those link or have slightest of doubt that these links are not going to help your site in anyway or some kind of spamming is going on then you should block them.

Solution

If you have links coming from bizzare sites, take them down ASAP.
    If you have links from sites that have nothing to do with your verticle, take them down ASAP.

1) Send a polite mail to the webmaster or site owner stating your problem with a solid proof and make them to remove your link. I know it's tiring task to contact each webmaster, but never leave it for granted because lot of spoofing, spamming etc can happen in the long run then it would be too late to control.
    2) If they don't respond to your polite mail, try to contact their webhosting company and state your problem.
    3) After all these efforts if they don't respond to your request, send them C&D threatening of legal action and report the same to Google.

Note: I would suggest you take all the valid proof of the link, check them from where it's coming, landing page etc from Google Analytics before you approach them.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
    gauthamvit2003, Dec 2, 2011 IP