1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Have I just made a terrible mistake?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by emeka08, Nov 12, 2011.

I recently built a blog hoping that my keyword is a micro nich keyword. But to recieve a shocking news from a friend yesterday that the keyword is a much competitive one. Pls how true is it? If I confirm from you guys that its true then I have to create another micro nich. My blog keyword is diet for ulcer and the url is in my signature. Thanks

emeka08, Nov 12, 2011 IP
  2. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't say it's a hard keyword, but it's also probably not as easy as you thought.

In the future for the best results, you should look up the competition for your chosen keyword in the Google search results. After that, you can check the individual page PR, amount of inbound links and on-page optimization in order to determine if this keyword is worthy of your time or not. You can use BackLinkWatch or Open Site Explorer for the inbound links checking, while there are many sites that can show you the PR. For on-page optimization you'll need to open the source of the website and look for Title, meta and h1/h2 tags.

Good luck! Remember that given enough work and time, you can rank for any keyword.

BlackIrish, Nov 12, 2011 IP
  3. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    that's not very competitive, but still it require some work to get you to the top of SERP
    If you have good knowledge on this niche, nothing much to worry, keep on develop it

lifeplayer, Nov 13, 2011 IP
  4. Rapid_SEO

Rapid_SEO Peon

Best Answers:
    well you can buld stong backlinks, like comment on blogs that have at least PR 6 or 7, get back links from Forums that have also same PR, also post articles on same PR website, that will help you.

Rapid_SEO, Nov 13, 2011 IP
  5. emeka08

emeka08 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @ BlackIrish, lifeplayer and rapid_seo, thanks alot.

emeka08, Nov 13, 2011 IP
  6. wordpressfanboy

wordpressfanboy Peon

Best Answers:
    On the topic of what keywords to use, go for longtail phrases as they are in less competition than simple one-to-three-word phrases.

If you don't have any paid SEO tool subscription, try using Alexa. You'll be able to gather data from your competitors like most searched queries that are driving traffic to their sites as well as backlinks. Use these data at your advantage.

wordpressfanboy, Nov 13, 2011 IP
  7. faysal969

faysal969 Member

Best Answers:
    Continue doing proper on-page and off-page optimization, you will get success using this keyword. Best of luck. :)

faysal969, Nov 13, 2011 IP
  8. wordpressfanboy

wordpressfanboy Peon

Best Answers:
    Good sir, I strongly agree with you. :D This definitely will test how good of an SEO one is.

wordpressfanboy, Nov 13, 2011 IP
  9. iw-Michael

iw-Michael Peon

Best Answers:
    I would stay the course. Do not get discouraged by competition. If it's competitive, that's because their is a demand. To rise above the noise may take a little more effort and time but I would guess it will be rewarding.

iw-Michael, Nov 13, 2011 IP
  10. C.Rebecca

C.Rebecca Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wonder you did not do the keyword research before stating your blog...

With a quick research for your keyword I found that its not a highly competitive word...

Even if you still have doubts about your keywords, you can check their profitability using 'Keyword Country'. It will help you in choosing right niche.

Good Luck!

C.Rebecca, Nov 14, 2011 IP
  11. wikiasap

wikiasap Peon

Best Answers:
    All Niche Keywords are more competetive, go for long tail niche key phrases it may help you.

wikiasap, Nov 14, 2011 IP
  12. NSCNIKHIL

NSCNIKHIL Peon

Best Answers:
    It dosen't have competition.you can easily compete for this keyword.It has only 18,600 competitors and trust me that's a very good Keyword to build a niche.Go on and best of luck

NSCNIKHIL, Nov 14, 2011 IP
  13. petervanlier

petervanlier Peon

Best Answers:
    You can get traffic without having keyword in the domain name. Just build quality backlinks to your site and it will rank good in the Search engines

petervanlier, Nov 14, 2011 IP
  14. emeka08

emeka08 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Waoh! Thanks to you all for the wonderful advice. As majority said, I will keep on promoting it. Once again thanks.

emeka08, Nov 14, 2011 IP
  15. IJR112

IJR112 Peon

Best Answers:
    You should do the keyword research before you decide to write a certain blog. Use google's keyword tool to see how many searches it will receive and how competitive the different keywords are to decide if it's worth the effort of writing the blog.

IJR112, Nov 14, 2011 IP
  16. wordpresshosting

wordpresshosting Peon

Best Answers:
    I went through this before - but ended up ranking on that term much higher, resulting in many google clicks - continue to make money from that, but just pocket money lol

wordpresshosting, Nov 14, 2011 IP
  17. rabindra.lamsal

rabindra.lamsal Peon

Best Answers:
    That's why it is also not good to use high keywords for a blog. If we use medium rich keywords.Then that will be ok. I hove you understood this.

rabindra.lamsal, Nov 15, 2011 IP
  18. SerjSagan

SerjSagan Member

Best Answers:
    The more difficult it is to get a keyword, the more money making potential it has. Sometimes it may be worth it to spend more time and exert more effort for a bigger reward.

SerjSagan, Nov 15, 2011 IP