1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I improve traffic to my website?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by kydanh, Nov 8, 2011.

I have a website about free software, it was created a year ago. But visits per day level with a 50uv/days. Do you have any ideas to help improve our number of visitors visit each day? How fast is google update and effective?
    sorry about my english because I'm not a native speaker.

kydanh, Nov 8, 2011 IP
  2. Balaji Naidu

Balaji Naidu Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, you have to adopt one of seo techniques or either go for Social media optimization to get maximum traffic to your website. As your website is related to some free software so it may gain some exposure over there. Further have a blog in your website and try to publish informative content on regular basis, this will definitely help you to gain some traffic.

Balaji Naidu, Nov 8, 2011 IP
  3. wissam

wissam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do follow links always worked fine for me ;)

wissam, Nov 8, 2011 IP
  4. abhishekseo123

abhishekseo123 Peon

Best Answers:
    You have to make bakclinks for your website through forum posting and blog commenting.

http://www.PaisaLive.com/register.asp?4420007-3985728 please register here.

abhishekseo123, Nov 8, 2011 IP
  5. SimoneRyan

SimoneRyan Active Member

Best Answers:
    You have to build backlinks to get more traffic. You can also try and submit your new site to the social bookmarking sites. That might help a lot also to get you started. But link building is the most important part in the long run.

SimoneRyan, Nov 8, 2011 IP
  6. ParentingCoachLisa

ParentingCoachLisa Peon

Best Answers:
    As what others said, gain more traffic through backlinks. There are ways to do these.

Article submission.
    Forum Posting.
    Blog commenting.
    Blog sites submission on directories.
    Creating Fan Page (option)

ParentingCoachLisa, Nov 8, 2011 IP
  7. A2ZITWebmaster

A2ZITWebmaster Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In my case, social bookmarking turned useful and helped me get immediate results. I just used the Targeted Keyword in the title instead of long phrase while bookmarking.

A2ZITWebmaster, Nov 8, 2011 IP
  8. condra

condra Member

Best Answers:
    As has been pointed out already. Blog posting and forum commenting is only part of an effective SEO/Traffic strategy. Make sure you have great content that OTHER people will want to talk about on Twitter and Facebook. Create some extra humour or controversy. Get people talking, they will do the work for you.

condra, Nov 8, 2011 IP
  9. kydanh

kydanh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I was looking for a list of backlinks automatically allowed. I can find it somewhere? The building backlinks too quickly can affect the search results?

kydanh, Nov 9, 2011 IP
  10. seoaccount

seoaccount Peon

Best Answers:
    Build quality back links to get high search engine rankings. High rank will give you targeted visitors of your domain.

seoaccount, Nov 9, 2011 IP
  11. kydanh

kydanh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    building backlinks should do it manually or use a specific tool. Do you have any idea about that?

kydanh, Nov 9, 2011 IP
  12. Pritam Verma

Pritam Verma Peon

Best Answers:
    First of all content of your web sites should be unique and informative.for increasing the visitor you should be used SMO(social media optimization) like facebook, twitter etc.so definitely with in 5-6 days your web site visitor will increase more than your expectation.

Pritam Verma, Nov 9, 2011 IP
  13. Web Outsourcing Gateway

Web Outsourcing Gateway Member

Best Answers:
    Good and relevant content first, integrate SEO then ethical link building practices. And if you really have a budget, try other Search Engine Marketing methods other than SEO.

14. livtar123

livtar123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Always do work manual, don't used auto-fill. Always try to do work on Do Follow websites, with work on do follow websites you will get good back links. Good and quality Back links must for improve page ranking in search engine. As much your site keywords higher in ranking on search engine, you will get targeted traffic on your website.

livtar123, Nov 9, 2011 IP
  15. shyamasrisen

shyamasrisen Peon

Best Answers:
    Increase your backlink....

shyamasrisen, Nov 9, 2011 IP
  16. eurekapsycrille

eurekapsycrille Member

Best Answers:
    Actually any technical things will not work if there's nothing interesting about your site. It's already given that every website wills surely get visitors per day but the the question is, how long they will stay. So to improve this, you must think of something that will attract your visitors and will make them stay in your site.

eurekapsycrille, Nov 9, 2011 IP
  17. seoxpart

seoxpart Peon

Best Answers:
    In the first place, you have not mentioned the url of your website (or did I miss something ?). Without visiting your website, it's hard to comment on. All those have commented on your post are true in a sense or other, but you need to understand that every website is unique, and so it requires a specific strategy to improve. It seems that you are trying to increase the number of visitors / page views. Where do you stand now in Google search for the your keyword? Does people can find your website easily at all? Does it take lots of time to load? Let me know. I am sure we can come up with a suitable solution. Remember, it's not only MIcrosoft, who requires an Internet Marketing strategy to sale their product, you too and you can do that well without any gigantic budget.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
    seoxpart, Nov 9, 2011 IP
  18. webdev007

webdev007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    The more you spread the word about your site the more will be the chances of gaining traffic. You can do so by forum participation, social networking, blog writing and many other ways. Also make you site contents interesting so that people love to come over and over again.

webdev007, Nov 9, 2011 IP
  19. VolkanSEO

VolkanSEO Peon

Best Answers:
    As far as I read very informative ideas given by users and I agree with most them on the easiest way to expose your "free software" is by using twitter and facebook marketing. On the other hand I highly suggest you to work on your site content. As many of you know that Google says, "content is the king" Therefore spend good time over creating quality content or if you can't do it yourself then hire a copywriter to do it for you. Once you increase the user experience quality: full force off page optimization to spike your traffic.

VolkanSEO, Nov 9, 2011 IP