1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is this the end of SEO?

Discussion in 'Google' started by David Frankk, Oct 31, 2011.

1. hospitaleracha

hospitaleracha Active Member

Best Answers:
    SEO is far more then that ;-) As for 'gaming the system', simply give Google what they want, the best possible result for a search query, i.e. quality content, and you both are happy ;-)

hospitaleracha, Nov 8, 2011 IP
  2. GooglePUNCHER

GooglePUNCHER Peon

Best Answers:
    There will never be an end, as long as Google and other search engines exist.

GooglePUNCHER, Nov 8, 2011 IP
  3. ajparker

ajparker Member

Best Answers:
    Good take on it. When I first heard about the fact that for logged in users we wouldn't see keyword referrers I thought it would make things a lot harder, but in reality it shouldn't. Even if EVERYONES search results were encrypted. You can find estimates of what traffic levels are for keywords, try to targe thtose keywords and watch your traffic go up. Yes, you'll get traffic from phrases that you weren't targeting and finding all of those may be more challenging. But it doesn't end the concept of giving google what they want... it just starts to make it a bit more challenging to know where (which keywords) all the traffic is coming from.

Avery

ajparker, Nov 9, 2011 IP
  4. DmdJoe

DmdJoe Peon

Best Answers:
    As Bill Gate said in 1996...... CONTENT IS KING...SEO is no t going anywhere....Billions of $$$ in it for google.

DmdJoe, Nov 9, 2011 IP
  5. richestguy

richestguy Peon

Best Answers:
    Even if Google make SEO dead, I think IM'ers will find the way to utilize other search engine such as Yahoo and Bing. The internet market is too large to depend on one search engine :)

richestguy, Nov 9, 2011 IP
  6. hausmeister

hausmeister Member

Best Answers:
    seo will never end. maybe seo as we know it

hausmeister, Nov 13, 2011 IP
  7. Gavenecko

Gavenecko Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think so. If you continue writing naturally for your websites, but include a little SEO then you will still be benefited.

Gavenecko, Nov 13, 2011 IP
  8. eric_z

eric_z Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO isn't going nowhere...cmon now :p

eric_z, Nov 13, 2011 IP
  9. samdar

samdar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First of all, the thread heading is misleading. SEO will never die and its a big ask.

What Google's act will let the world know is the closeness of the company. They want to protect their data as much as possible. Predictions say that around single digit percentage of search queries can be affected in our analytics data. I hate this and it is a complete BS. The less data we have the less targeting and other benefits we get.

samdar, Nov 13, 2011 IP
  10. waziuz

waziuz Active Member

Best Answers:
    The only sensible post from the whole thread it seems. :p I agree from my personal experience too that it is a lot difficult now for new websites compared to the past to get good SERP at least at the initial stages. But from my experiments, it is more about "quality content as well as promised content" now which is becoming more important. And domain authority and trust is also becoming a lot more important in recent times. So, you need to work harder and try to get backlinks only from high quality sites. But the thing which is working the best nowadays is organic backlinks and they are indexed like anything even in webmaster tools. So, quality content and thereby organic backlinks supplemented by high quality backlinks from top article directories and website directories are turning the key players nowadays. It is not the number of backlinks that matter nowadays but instead the quality of backlinks that matter. Hope that helps.

waziuz, Nov 13, 2011 IP
  11. iccube

iccube Peon

Best Answers:
    With the growing no. of businesses and fight among them to have their online presence is where SEO is involved. Through SEO, you attain a better position in search engines..

iccube, Nov 14, 2011 IP
  12. DavidWincent

DavidWincent Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO will never come to an end. It is an ongoing process. This move from google is most welcomed.

DavidWincent, Nov 14, 2011 IP
  13. ferma231

ferma231 Member

Best Answers:
    Google can be big pain in A$$ , They deleted my Blogs , youtube accounts , You cant put COntent locker code on blogger , goo.gl url shortener dont allow affiliate links and more , so i better go away from google

ferma231, Nov 14, 2011 IP
  14. BoCe

BoCe Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO is the main role in internet marketing, cannot be replaced

BoCe, Nov 14, 2011 IP
  15. Janck

Janck Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google is doing all it can to get quality search results.

People are fed up with pages full of ads and Google is doing something about it.

Janck, Nov 14, 2011 IP
  16. petefader

petefader Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    are you underestimating the google :p

petefader, Nov 14, 2011 IP