1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you know how much to charge advertisers?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by bar182, Nov 1, 2011.

Generally what is a good model to charge potential advertisers?Top banner, side tower and 125x125 advertisements. Do you base it on your pagerank? unique visitors? or a combination of both?Is it a good idea to have advertisers sign up for a minimum of 3 months?Curious how other people are doing this

bar182, Nov 1, 2011 IP
  2. Tarum

Tarum Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey,

A good place to look at would be your competition, see if they have an Advertise Here page and if they got any rates.

Or go to BuySellAds and search for companies and what their prices are like.

PageRank is important, so is Alexa rank, but having both high is not crucial. Many people sell ads based on eCPM - cost per mille (thousand pageviews). So if you have 20.000 monthly pageviews and would set your CPM at $1, that would be $20 per month. The higher the ad, the more you charge.

Advertisers will probably want to pay for 1 month first, to see how it works out, then of course buy longer plans.

You have three choices:
    1. Go to BuySellAds, let advertisers find you and you get 75% of earnings. They also help you with prices and stuff and are famous!
    2. Set your own prices on your own websites
    3. Send e-mails to other advertisers you see on similar websites and ask them if they are interested.

Sometimes you could also offer half a month for free to get people interested etc.

Good luck!

Tarum, Nov 1, 2011 IP
  3. bar182

bar182 Peon

Best Answers:
    Good information thanks. Is BuySellAds any good?Also with the pagviews is that uniques?

bar182, Nov 1, 2011 IP
  4. Sensei.Design

Sensei.Design Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's pretty simple how to find out, raise you prices at some point the advertiser will tell you it's to high, than you know what the ad is worth :D

Sensei.Design, Nov 1, 2011 IP
  5. Tarum

Tarum Active Member

Best Answers:
    BuySellAds is very good, hundreds of people use them and I just got into them as well.

If you have Analytics it will you how many pageviews you get, then multiply it with 30x to get for the full month.

Tarum, Nov 1, 2011 IP
  6. bar182

bar182 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for this I will check it out

bar182, Nov 1, 2011 IP
  7. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    I will base on my traffic interest and numbers of traffics.
    If i have huge visitors and is targeted traffic from the advertiser.
    I will take advantages to charges higher rate because my traffic may give higher CTR and higher conversion rate if related.

JerrickYeoh, Nov 1, 2011 IP
  8. asoltech

asoltech Peon

Best Answers:
    asoltech, Nov 2, 2011 IP
  9. djshaz

djshaz Peon

Best Answers:
    Other than directly charging , you can also partner with the clients for much higher profits !

djshaz, Nov 2, 2011 IP
  10. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Just charge the amount you think is reasonable for both party. Not too high and not too low

lifeplayer, Nov 2, 2011 IP
  11. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    Scout your competition and see how much they are charging for advertisements and then compare your page rank with theirs. If you are of the same rank or you're slightly lower in rank then just tip your pricing a bit lower. The number of unique visitors play a major role too for advertisers as they would want a site that gets massive traffic so they can reach more people.

affilorama, Nov 2, 2011 IP
  12. bar182

bar182 Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess it is probably not a bad idea to get some sort of spreadsheet outlining the competition's traffic, page rank and advertising rate. Cheers.

bar182, Nov 8, 2011 IP