1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Another site is stealing every post from my blog, need some help

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by freelance deziner, Nov 6, 2011.

Hi all,

I run an art & design blog for which I work hard to re-write the content and do proper research about the topic so that I can give credit to the original artist / site. I recently found another site stealing content from my blog 100% as it is.

Means whatever HTML I have in the blog post the other blog is copying it as it is and publishing it without any credit to my blog.

He is not stealing images from my site, the images are uploaded on his server.

I think it is auto-blog because yesterday when I posted a new blog post just after 15 minutes I got pingback notification email and I saw that the 100% same blog post has been re-published on his blog :(

It is not just me but he is copying 100% same content from other blogs too.

It is really painful to see your hard work being used by some rascals and no respect for the original author :(

I am worried about Google that if he crawls HIS post first and then crawls mine then it will think that he is the original author? I have good no. of Yahoo and Google backlinks, PR2, one year old domain and site online... do you think these things are enough for Google to understand that I AM the original author and not him?

Also, what should I do to stop that blog?

freelance deziner, Nov 6, 2011 IP
  2. miifora

miifora Member

Best Answers:
    Write a blog post with loads of anchor links to your blog, perhaps your adsense code or just a bunch of random crap, wait for his autoblogger to fetch it then remove it from yours :)

miifora, Nov 6, 2011 IP
  3. freelance deziner

freelance deziner Member

Best Answers:
    ^ What will I get from it?

freelance deziner, Nov 6, 2011 IP
  4. rhino56

rhino56 Peon

Best Answers:
    I can only wish that would happen to me, I would have them posting all kinds of stuff haha

rhino56, Nov 7, 2011 IP
  5. metaksan

metaksan Peon

Best Answers:
    Try to get in contact with them? May be this works?

metaksan, Nov 7, 2011 IP
  6. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So, you are going to other sites, re-writing their work, adding a bit of your own research and are now complaining that someone is stealing from you? You do realize that what you are doing is stealing too?

Sounds like you are putting your entire post in your RSS feed. Don't do that and put links back to your own site and you will gain backlinks and limit the stolen content he/she uses.

YMC, Nov 7, 2011 IP
  7. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    Dunno why he;s worrying. A blog composed of nothing but dupe content is worthless to Google. Your blog would have to be pretty fuc&*ng appalling to rank UNDER that one.

contentboss, Nov 7, 2011 IP
  8. nymixweb

nymixweb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Contact them first and tell them to make their own stories.

nymixweb, Nov 8, 2011 IP
  9. condra

condra Member

Best Answers:
    I like the idea of linking back to your own site. Then delete the post as soon as they post it. I presume their duplicate content goes live within 24 hours?

condra, Nov 8, 2011 IP
  10. bill9404

bill9404 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Is it a link back or just straight copied? I get lots of link backs

bill9404, Nov 9, 2011 IP
  11. AnaSousa11

AnaSousa11 Peon

Best Answers:
    As I've mentioned above, I'm a newbie and reading these posts have been really helpful for me as I, myself have a lot to learn. Thanks guys.

AnaSousa11, Nov 9, 2011 IP
  12. SEO Content Demon

SEO Content Demon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    It might be possible that they are copying your content but don't worry these autoblogs could be recognized at first glance. Also, don't worry about Google Crawling... I hope Google would have banned that site already.

SEO Content Demon, Nov 10, 2011 IP
  13. conspicuous

conspicuous Peon

Best Answers:
    You could contact their webhost and file a DMCA complaint. If it's a halfway reputable company, they'll probably tell the guy to quit or have his account suspended.

conspicuous, Nov 10, 2011 IP
  14. ludwig

ludwig Notable Member

Best Answers:
    send a DMCA to the hosting company I tried dmca.com a few times and it worked. I used their monthly membership so I dont pay 200 bucks for every takedown. but if you can find the company who hosts that blog and can write them a dmca letter to their abuse email. you can take them down easily

ludwig, Nov 10, 2011 IP
  15. jewel3000

jewel3000 Peon

Best Answers:
    1. Do you have links to your own site embedded in each article, or at the end? Hopefully you do, and hopefully they're not being altered.

2. If I were you, I'd start by writing Matt Cutts of Google. Or Tweet him. And/or leave a comment on one of his blog posts. I know that he's been asking the public to tell him about content scapers, so try to get your culprit on Matt's hit list.

Best of luck!

jewel3000, Nov 12, 2011 IP
  16. Spudster

Spudster Peon

Best Answers:
    Try to file A DMCA

Spudster, Nov 12, 2011 IP
  17. Kevorkian

Kevorkian Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Filing a DMCA complaint won't stop him. You think he can't afford to change hosts and start all over again? I would do what other people suggested: throw some garbage in the stream and have him republish it.

Kevorkian, Nov 13, 2011 IP
  18. Gold Sales

Gold Sales Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If like you say its an autoblog it is probably getting the posts from your RSS feed. So you could disable your RSS feed on your blog, or at least set your blog RSS to show an excerpt only and not the full post (making sure a link back to your site is in the first few sentences taht get shown as the excerpt).

But you say ' He is not stealing images from my site, the images are uploaded on his server. ' so this might indicate that he is not using an autoblogging plugin as they mostly duplicate the image tags and would hotlink the images from your server on his blog. If he is uploading your images to his server he may be cut and pasting your posts manually, in which case he could strip out your links back to your site.

Anyway a DMCA is the correct way to go. I have also had success from either contacting blogs copying my content via contact forms on the site, email from whois details on the site and even from posting comments on the blog stating that the content is copied and requesting the webmaster contact me immediately before sending a DMCA. Simply request the content is removed and 9 times out of 10 they have apologised and removed it when I have asked.

Gold Sales, Nov 15, 2011 IP
  19. AnaSousa11

AnaSousa11 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would just post quite a bit of junk for a few days just to see what happens.

AnaSousa11, Nov 16, 2011 IP
  20. adam andrews

adam andrews Member

Best Answers:
    Is it original content you're writing or rewriting someone else's stuff? Even if you are rewriting someone else's this is the kind of thing that the Panda update is trying to weed out. Make sure you're writing original and interesting, worthwhile content first of all...I'm sure you are and in that sector it should be easy enough.

But with regards to your problem, firstly contact them, I've had people republish blog posts/articles in the past which I've been fine with - as long as any links I've included are kept unaltered and that my author name is credited -in cases where someone has literally cut and pasted my work and not credited it then simply getting an email asking why has scared many people straight, you'd be surprised how often this happens and ends amicably for everyone. (one even offered me a guest posting role on his site!)

After that you can look into the DMCA filing but I'm not familiar with this process, if it's simply for a blog and not a company's news section etc and has costs involved then it may not be worth it, especially if their site doesn't have much standing in google.

I like the idea of messing with them though, make sure you include links to your site in all of your blog posts (something I've always done anyway) as these links may not pass any SEO benefit (especially if hosted on the same domain/IP) but acts as a safety net for the problem you're having.

hope that helps!

adam andrews, Nov 17, 2011 IP