1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question on Links

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Captain Morgan, Nov 1, 2011.

Hi All!

I have a chance to get some PR4 and 5 links. But, these links would all be on asian sites, Chinese or Japanese I think. Now, I have checked and the PR is legit.

My question is, will they have good authority on G being they are foreign language, my link would be the only english link on the page ?

Thanks,
    Joe

Captain Morgan, Nov 1, 2011 IP
  2. ija61

ija61 Member

Best Answers:
    I'm looking forward to see the answer to this question.

Good question...

ija61, Nov 1, 2011 IP
  3. Excel 8

Excel 8 Guest

Best Answers:
    I think it help a bit but it won't really get a big boost since its not relevant and won't help the users since they don't understand the language. Still relevancy is the best option.

Excel 8, Nov 1, 2011 IP
  4. ReadWritePaid

ReadWritePaid Peon

Best Answers:
    I can speak from experience that buying such high PR links on unrelated sites can be a waste of money. But it really depends on a multitude of factors: How competitive is your industry? What does your current link profile look like? What about the link profiles of your competitors? I have bought a whole bunch of such links before, spending thousands of dollars, for a highly competitive keyword against some very reputable websites in the market, and it made absolutely no difference to our rankings. However, if you are in a less competitive market and you don't currently have a lot of links, then adding a couple of high PR links *might* give you a little boost.

ReadWritePaid, Nov 1, 2011 IP
  5. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I do have quite a few links and my KWs are pretty competive. And the links placed will be on revelant sites, just in Chinese or Japanese. So, I am still wondering about this?

Captain Morgan, Nov 2, 2011 IP
  6. MNewman

MNewman Peon

Best Answers:
    Even though the links would be from different language websites, it is important that they would be relevant, then the links would seem more or less natural. If they are then getting links from them is really fine.
    Also if I would be you I would not use the converting kws as anchor texts, but instead just have simple URLs links to increase general site authority.

MNewman, Nov 2, 2011 IP
  7. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you talking about PR, then it will definitely help if it is dofollow
    However, when go to serp, it helps mostly on Chinese/Japanese

lifeplayer, Nov 3, 2011 IP
  8. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Peon

Best Answers:
    THANKS for all the informative answers!

Captain Morgan, Nov 3, 2011 IP
  9. eclair

eclair Peon

Best Answers:
    You can just do a test and post your experience here with us. :) The other thing that comes up in my mind is to find a good translator to convert your links words to the language you want to be competitive.

eclair, Nov 3, 2011 IP