1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Adwords vs Organic Growth

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by ptip2011, Oct 24, 2011.

Is it more cost effective to do Google adwords or spend the money on SEO organic growth for good Google listing?

Im trying to get good results for my site at www.personaltrainersinpoole.co.uk as I have just launched it.

Regards

Rob Jackson
    Managing Director
    PTAGENCYSMLOGO1.gif

ptip2011, Oct 24, 2011 IP
  2. MarkAdam

MarkAdam Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi !

Here is my anwser : Google Adwords and SEO go hand in hand. If your SEO is good, you will pay less money for you Google Adwords Campaign, because the quality score for the ranking of your Ads is based on SEO.
    I don't know what your budget is, but if you have to start with only one, I would say : SEO. It will be your 'foundation'. Then, you will be able (when financially ready) to use Google Adwords for better prices.

I hope this helps !

Good luck

MarkAdam, Oct 25, 2011 IP
  3. teamversion

teamversion Peon

Best Answers:
    There are some pros and cons.

If you want instant traffic then AdWords is the way to go. This can be more expensive as well.

If you are willing to wait a bit then do SEO yourself. You increase your skill set in the process. Just invest your time.

As MarkAdam mentioned above, it's best to combine both.

teamversion, Oct 25, 2011 IP
  4. PPC-Coach

PPC-Coach Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why is it always versus, when it should be both?

You're better off doing both from the get go.

:)

PPC-Coach, Oct 26, 2011 IP
  5. slforsimon

slforsimon Member

Best Answers:
    When I launched my website I used only PPC. We were paying about $.50 per click. As soon as we ramped up the SEO we found that our PPC was about $0.25.. So what they are saying above is true

slforsimon, Oct 27, 2011 IP
  6. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    i still believe that organic would be better because it bring traffic with free and low bounce rate and probably higher conversion .
    up to 60 % of people will likely ignore the google adwords because they know that is the paid ads.

But organic SEO do need sometime and hardwork to get top on the SERP.
    So in the mean time you may start google adwords 1st until you got your page 1 SERP in the target keywords.

JerrickYeoh, Oct 31, 2011 IP
  7. teamversion

teamversion Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm assuming some people have limited resources (i.e. time, money, etc.) and needs to choose.

teamversion, Oct 31, 2011 IP
  8. Natively

Natively Active Member

Best Answers:
  9. ridhichaudhary

ridhichaudhary Peon

Best Answers:
    There are some pros and cons.
    If you want instant traffic then AdWords is the way to go. This can be more expensive as well.
    If you are willing to wait a bit then do

ridhichaudhary, Nov 1, 2011 IP
  10. escapetoafrica

escapetoafrica Peon

Best Answers:
    Organic Seo is the best & it's result for long time, or Pay Seo is only for temporary traffic for your site.

Thank you.

escapetoafrica, Nov 1, 2011 IP
  11. oortcloud

oortcloud Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO is generally always good, typically an ongoing process and can take time to come to fruition...
    SEM effectiveness can depend on your intent. For example, its easy to spend money on adwords, especially if you are still working out your ROI, CPA etc, but on the flip side- ads / clicks that don't convert still help to expand your brand awareness.
    Visit the adwords learning center (generally for those seeking adwords certification, but contains the best information IMO) and if you haven't already and learn how to target by location, as well as consider the pros and cons of text and display ads (two totally different animals) and CPC vs CPM.
    Although slightly off topic: consider facebook ads for targeting a local market by interest.

oortcloud, Nov 1, 2011 IP