1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is the United States beyond repair.

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by alstar70, Oct 27, 2011.

Do you believe the United States is beyond repair. In particular the economy.

I believe it is in a depression as far as unemployment goes. I mean who the hell stops saying someone it no longer unemployed solely because they don't get the unemployment benefit. If you can't have honestly in the stat.s then you can't fix the problem.

alstar70, Oct 27, 2011 IP
  2. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As long as they keep hemorrhaging money out of their economy there is no hope .

ApocalypseXL, Oct 27, 2011 IP
  3. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Pretty harsh words considering most of Europe is worse off... At least our debt and budget do not outweigh our GDP. Most of Europe cannot say the same. And now I see yet another plan in the works to bail out Greece and further perpetuate the bleeding...

Mia, Oct 27, 2011 IP
  4. Crazy_Zap

Crazy_Zap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It doesn't matter who is theoretically worse off.
    Our economies are all interconnected now. When one fails, the rest will follow in short order.

Crazy_Zap, Oct 27, 2011 IP
  5. thesickearth

thesickearth Active Member

Best Answers:
    If by US economy you mean current luxurious lifestyle that does not require much work from most people (90% of all American jobs are non-productive) then yes.
    Otherwise, there is no problem with US economy, after all America is feeding half of the world or so.

thesickearth, Oct 27, 2011 IP
  6. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Actually it does matter..

As you said, all of our economies are interconnected. That said, when Europe bails out Greece, watch what happens to the west...

Europe is dragging the US down just as much as the US is...

Mia, Oct 27, 2011 IP
  7. moffey

moffey Active Member

Best Answers:
    I found this video on youtube about Us political system is beyond repair
    [video=youtube_share;JvTctz2VNJY]http://youtu.be/JvTctz2VNJY[/video]

moffey, Oct 27, 2011 IP
  8. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    No, it's not..
    US has many means to get back on it's feet and get back into marathon.. Damage is not beyond repair, not yet. But to repair it, the work should start now and Obama aint gonna do that..
    Lets just hope that US elects a man who is able to do that in 2012.

The Webby, Oct 28, 2011 IP
  9. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The U.S. is beyond repair. Even if we did EVERYTHING NOW and did EVERYTHING CORRECTLY, it would still be too little too late.

And as noted above, Obama ain't gonna even try, much less do it, primarily because he has no clue at all about HOW to fix the problems. And, when you get right down to it, the U.S. government spanning many DECADES has created the problems, and NO government can reverse DECADES of mismanagement in a few days or weeks.

The ONLY solution is far far too radical for any government to even consider implementing it. Instead of having a short extremely painful solution, the government will ALWAYS opt for spreading the pain over years, decades, and even centuries. They will always try to kick the bucket down the road while hoping the piper does not need to be paid on THEIR watch.

Will the U.S. recover? Yes, but NOT until AFTER a TOTAL collapse of EVERYTHING, including but not limited to 1) the economy, 2) the government, 3) the country, etc. The collapse will make the current Greek economic mess look like heaven.

mmerlinn, Oct 28, 2011 IP
  10. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I reluctantly must agree with @mmerlinn. Congress always spreads the pain out over years rather than make real change.

Obama won't help. In 2008, Obama took more money from Wall St. than any president in history. Already Obama has proven that he can't make the tough decisions.

Any other candidate would be better than Obama, but Ron Paul is the only man with the balls to make real change.

Corwin, Oct 30, 2011 IP
  11. Crazy_Zap

Best Answers:
    Think of it like dominoes.
    When one dominoe falls, which of the rest of them is "better off"?

Not only are our economies interconnected well enough to cause the dominoe effect, but we communicate much faster than ever before.
    So, when the first dominoe falls, the very last dominoe won't be very far behind it. They will all fall in fairly rapid succession.
    Sure, some countries will fare better than others at first, but with almost nobody left to sell goods and services to, the bad news will spread like a virus until all are infected.

Crazy_Zap, Oct 31, 2011 IP
  12. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I'm not disagreeing with that. I'm saying that Greece is the first domino. Europe is the finger knocking it down.

Mia, Oct 31, 2011 IP
  13. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I never knew how bad Greece really is until I read this:

Boomerang - Travels in the New Third World
    Greece is a completely corrupt country. The government openly operates by bribery. Most citizens do not pay taxes - either they bribe the tax collector or the government suspends payment of taxes in an election year. Tax collectors that actually collect taxes get fired. Politicians openly solicit bribes. Much of the government money goes directly into politicians pockets and they admit this. They openly cooked the books they showed the EU for membership into the EU. Greek people openly try to rip each other off. There is absolutely no trust.

The bloated and corrupt Greek government took the EU loans and made Greece even more bloated and corrupt.

Corwin, Oct 31, 2011 IP
  14. Crazy_Zap

Best Answers:
    It's going to take a long time for us all to come back from this disaster.

Crazy_Zap, Oct 31, 2011 IP
  15. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    None of us is coming back while Europe is still pouring fuel on the fire.

Mia, Oct 31, 2011 IP
  16. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    This is why the entire planet is almost fuked not just the US , because we went abandoned the solid principles that ensured progress and happiness trough evolution .

The pursuit of happiness is here kids , let fuck like rabbits get fat , waste our lives in front of the TV and use more drugs then we can buy . OFC the government is guilty and must give us welfare and protect us by giving us money , because we are discriminated by the fat fks that we are . It's good thing we destroyed most of the moral fiber and elites , blob of mediocrity FTW .

Quod Errat Motherfrakingstrandum : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_scientific_discoveries#20th_century

ApocalypseXL, Nov 3, 2011 IP
  17. boblord666

boblord666 Member

Best Answers:
    Really if you just turn off the TV and get on with life then you'll find that things aren't so bad after all. If you take responsibility for your own life, provide for yourself and family, ignore all those glossy ads that get left in your mailbox, then that's a pretty good start in life. Materialism sucks.

Take yourself and the kids for a walk on the beach, around a lake, through the bush. Sit around a fire and cook whatever you can afford and laugh. Life ain't so bad after all and it beats the alternative.

boblord666, Nov 3, 2011 IP
  18. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    Wow we should be glad we're alive and not dead ... now that sounds like the recipe for success .

ApocalypseXL, Nov 3, 2011 IP
  19. bill9404

bill9404 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't give up on the USA, we will do just fine

bill9404, Nov 9, 2011 IP
  20. bill9404

bill9404 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't hold your breath, I have heard that BS forever and nothing even happens.

bill9404, Nov 9, 2011 IP