1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How am I doing on my website? It's a text/browser based game top list.

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Arson, Oct 23, 2011.

Hello, I don't really get the amount of feedback I would like from my website visitors/users so I come to my fellow DPers for advice.

First off I will give you a quick rundown of what the site does.
    Text based game (this doesn't necessarily mean games comprised of only text, some use javascript graphical interfaces too, but the overall gameplay is in text) owners can add their game or games to my site. If they want they can allow their players to vote for their game, and even offer an incentive for doing so.

The site lists all of these games, and has a few special lists for the top 10 games receiving votes for today, this week, and this month. It also lists the top 5 games for yesterday and the top 5 for last week. It also has a "bumped" list. Games can be bumped once per hour by registered members of my site, and they automatically get bumped every 2 votes they receive (will rise as more games are added).

Each game has it's own profile page with lots of details about it as well as options for visitors to share the game over several social mediums. The profile page also contains voting stats, as well as options to vote for, bump, or visit the game. Visitors can also comment on each of the games at their leisure.

I am looking for every bit of constructive criticism there is to offer on my website. My goal is simple, get as many games listed on my site as humanly possible. I appreciate any advice I receive.

The website is located here: http://www.besttextgames.com
    Regards

Arson, Oct 23, 2011 IP
  2. zigzag007

zigzag007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I like the colors you picked.

zigzag007, Oct 23, 2011 IP
  3. hashif

hashif Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your website looks fine, Navigation is very easy and your color selection and font looking great..Overall pefect site..:)

hashif, Oct 23, 2011 IP
  4. webru

webru Peon

Best Answers:
    Site needs improvement. Improve the layout of the site. Game sites needs to be cool and classy which the visitor loves at first sight. Your first impression can be your last impression, so be careful in this matter. I liked your idea but the look of the site didn't impress me. Update new games frequently, improve the overall structure and layout, make it more stylish. You have a unique idea and if you improve on the these fields, I don't think there are any reasons why the visitors won't come to your site.

webru, Oct 24, 2011 IP
  5. Arson

Arson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for everyone's input so far :)

@webru, I appreciate the constructive criticism. I will certainly work to make the site look more stylish.
    I'm also trying my hardest to get more game's listed on the site, but it is hard to get game owners to list their games. I can always manually add games, but in my experience it's better that the game owner does it, because then they can edit the
    Ousting, and set up voting links and whatnot if they desire. I will probably start finding games on other lists and getting in touch with the game owners personally, as well as perhaps manually adding a few games here and there to keep updated content on the site. A reviews system is coming soon as well.

Arson, Oct 24, 2011 IP
  6. jojo76

jojo76 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I like it. It is clean, easy to navigate, colors work well. I find it appealing.

jojo76, Oct 25, 2011 IP
  7. webru

webru Peon

Best Answers:
    @Arson, thanks for taking my criticism on a positive note, its what i had expected. Great job you are doing. Keep up and best of luck. Will check your website from time to time to see how you are doing and inform you what I think of your updates. Thanks. :)

webru, Oct 31, 2011 IP
  8. Arson

Arson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey no problem i appreciate the input :)
    i havent had a chance to look for a designer for the site yet, as money is tit right now...so ive been working on improving traffic in hopes of selling adveritising on the site.

one thing i need help with is seo so if ya have any tips there id love to hear em

Arson, Nov 5, 2011 IP
  9. chasey101

chasey101 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I like your site. Easy to read and the design looks perfect. good job

chasey101, Nov 23, 2011 IP
  10. Meedan

Meedan Member

Best Answers:
    To be very honest - I did not liked your site. I am just fond of text games.

First I did read all your Description & plans for your site in this thread & when I visited your site I was not much impressed.
    When a user visit's your page the Visible Page of site should attract him to dig into your site. The Black header with just logo on it makes it boring & covers half your visible page with no use. If required for temporary period remove the header & logo.

As I am big fan of text games, I completely ignored all the designs & just wanted to start playing games on your site. I almost tried 5-6 games but was not able to play any of them. Once I click on Play Game it takes me to some other website where no game is available.

Meedan, Nov 24, 2011 IP
  11. muhammad06

muhammad06 Peon

Best Answers:
    muhammad06, Nov 24, 2011 IP
  12. syifamanna

syifamanna Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    is there only info for website? i cant surf for website i mean to click direct through ur site

syifamanna, Dec 14, 2011 IP
  13. Layersfactory_Designer

Layersfactory_Designer Peon

Best Answers:
    Your site ,is cool..
    but maybe you still can improve your design .
    I just sayin',,
    :)

Layersfactory_Designer, Dec 14, 2011 IP