1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for SEO writing work:Tips, Advice

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by cuulblu, Oct 23, 2011.

I am looking for SEO writing jobs or freelance work. How is the best way to break into this field? You can learn a little about where I am at by reading my profile. Thanks for any tips or advice.

cuulblu, Oct 23, 2011 IP
  2. GAFband

GAFband Peon

Best Answers:
    I would make a portfolio website showing off your work. Get the SEO done on that and traffic will come by itself

GAFband, Oct 23, 2011 IP
  3. sweetcrabhoney18

sweetcrabhoney18 Banned

Best Answers:
    There are TONS of books on being a freelancer. Along with books there are websites and blogs and even magazines. The first thing you need to do is read and read a lot. Knowledge is power in the business of freelancing. So take the time to learn about the field and go from there. Good luck!

sweetcrabhoney18, Oct 26, 2011 IP
  4. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First you have to decide how you want to structure your business - do you want to work at the end that pumps out content in volume or do you want to focus on fewer, higher paying, higher quality pieces. The first has virtually no barrier to entry, the second will require you to work on building a brand.

If you opt for the first, you can easily get started over in the BST area of the forum where you can find plenty of low-paying, but high volume work. The quality standard is lower and it will allow you to earn some money while you are learning. If you can write fast this might be an option. However, if you like to research things and understand that Wikipedia, like all encyclopedias, is not a primary source, it's probably not for you.

If you don't need to make money today or hope to make more than pocket change, I would work on building your business. I suggest to most writers that they will need a business website and a blog. After all, higher paying customers generally want to see examples of your work. I can tell you that being able to rank for terms in such a competitive field as writing proves to potential customers that you know what you are doing.

Also be careful of anyone asking you for samples. Sadly, there are many who demand samples, proclaim them unusable, don't pay and then use them anyway. Refer prospects to your site, blog and other customer sites if they want to see how well you write. If someone demands an original sample, demand payment.

Good luck from a neighbor just over the mountains in Hendersonville.

YMC, Oct 27, 2011 IP
  5. healthdomainbuyer

healthdomainbuyer Peon

Best Answers:
    Create writing samples for several different niches. You might get clients who want articles on several different topics, so having good samples is a great way to show that you can produce quality content. Market your services online or offline by responding to ads, networking, giving talks at local meetings, etc.

healthdomainbuyer, Oct 28, 2011 IP
  6. JRLSolutions

JRLSolutions Member

Best Answers:
    Like healthdomainbuyer said. You really need to have writing samples on a variety of topics.
    Make sure to use sites like Squidoo or Wizzley and this way your 'sample' content is also earning you $$.
    Get a portfolio. Make sure it includes everything in your skill set. A good portfolio will impress about any client into giving you the right job. Do NOT use form applications. (Check out mine, its a pretty good example of how to create a digital portfolio that is free of cutesy clutter or irrelevant references)
    Use the outsourcing sites for now but try to make it your goal to deal with private clients as much as possible. People will pay more for a RELIABLE and high-quality content writer.
    Be upfront. Do not take less than you are willing to accept just to take a job. If you have high-quality work you will find others who will pay for it. On the same note, don't overrate yourself either, if you know you have room for improvement make sure your prices reflect that until they improve.

JRLSolutions, Oct 30, 2011 IP