1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Domain lost PR Ranking

Discussion in 'Google' started by nophin, Oct 14, 2011.

Please bear with me I'm all new to this. I just purchase a PR 2 domain and had it for 2 months and once Google did the PR update it lost its PR ranking. I did what I thought all my due diligent to make sure it was legitimate. I do plan on buying another one, but would like to know steps I need to take to make sure I'm getting a domain that will keep its PR ranking.

nophin, Oct 14, 2011 IP
  2. ElementView

ElementView Active Member

Best Answers:
    It may be legit but if you loose links then you will loose PR as well.

ElementView, Oct 24, 2011 IP
  3. ginap

ginap Peon

Best Answers:
    yea - so you can buy a strong or a weak page rank 2 - in that your page rank 2 displayed could be being pulled from one pr 3 link, loose this pr 3 link and next update you have no more pr 2 - you need to buy domains that have loads of pr 3 etc links and then if you loose one link, you have 10k others to help it keep its pr.

ginap, Oct 25, 2011 IP
  4. Postedhere

Postedhere Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it happens. here are the steps you can do.

1. Use valid tools to check the validity of the page rank of the domain you are purchasing.
    2. Check the backlinks so you know whether there's a good chance that domain will drop or not.
    3. Increase the backlinks of the PR 2 or PR 3 + of your domains. You do this by submitting to directories, exchanging links, even buying links, and commenting on do follow sites.
    4. Write quality posts in the hope that other webmasters will link to your site- one way link!

I hope these help!

Postedhere, Oct 25, 2011 IP
  5. Eston55

Eston55 Peon

Best Answers:
    I had the same problem. A bought domain lost it's PR. I can't even know for certain if the guy pulled out his own backlinks or my changes on the site reevaluated the sites value.

Eston55, Oct 25, 2011 IP
  6. Postedhere

Postedhere Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My PR 5 just went to PR 0 too. The backlinks are okay i believe, but i made big changes to the site including url forwarding. But i'm convinced with the quality backlinks, PR should be back in the next update.

Postedhere, Oct 25, 2011 IP
  7. anandnik00

anandnik00 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    To maintain the PR ranking along with the backilinks you should also update some or the other informative article from time to time.

anandnik00, Oct 25, 2011 IP
  8. sydneykwan

sydneykwan Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe Google changed their algorithm and many page rank checkers are not functional. You may want try another page rank checker (checkpagerank.net) just to make sure.

Anyone have an idea on how frequent new content should be added to maintain page rank? Thank you

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
    sydneykwan, Oct 25, 2011 IP
  9. DarioEM

DarioEM Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    To raise your page rank you need to build high page rank domain backlinks pointing to your site. The more you build the better your PR and rankings will be. The higher rankings will come first, the page rank will come along after the next Google PR update which they only do occasionally.

DarioEM, Oct 27, 2011 IP
  10. markful192

markful192 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think you did not maintain the links from your site which were necessary for your site to keep the same pr.

markful192, Oct 28, 2011 IP
  11. 88dbsakthi

88dbsakthi Peon

Best Answers:
    reverse check the website for backlinks and the content update.If the site got some quality backlinks and the content is regularly updated then it may have the chances of retain the page rank .
    But it will not be guaranteed all the time ,PR changes time to time

88dbsakthi, Nov 3, 2011 IP
  12. faysal969

faysal969 Member

Best Answers:
    Check the conditions of your domains backlinks. It may happen sue to loosing some good quality backlinks. Try to rebuilt them. Also continue creating new good quality backlinks.

faysal969, Nov 3, 2011 IP
  13. seanchaí

seanchaí Peon

Best Answers:
    1. checkpagerank.net
    2. yahoo backlinks with yahoo explorer - maintain these backlinks
    3. get the sites old content from a site: search in google or from archive.org
    4. Build more High PR backlinks to your site

seanchaí, Nov 3, 2011 IP