1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress vs. Blogger in terms of SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Ibrahim Kamrul Shafin, Oct 26, 2011.

I have a domain name. Now, I don't want to invest it in a hosting for Wordpress (if it's not too necessary). If I install the custom domain in Blogger, will I lag behind in terms of SEO? What do you think? Which place is the best if I wp or blogr if I own my domain name which is keyword rich, I believe?

It would be highly appreciable if you reply me quick!
    Shafin.;)

Ibrahim Kamrul Shafin, Oct 26, 2011 IP
  2. soumya01

soumya01 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you want to use a free service, obviously Blogger.com is better than wordpress. Blogger has many tools and gadget that are freely available. wordpress has very small number of free tools.

soumya01, Oct 26, 2011 IP
  3. mkjohn

mkjohn Peon

Best Answers:
    As far as i think wordpress is better for search engine optimization. It is cache and index early. As my mind you should go for wordpress.

mkjohn, Oct 27, 2011 IP
  4. pupul

pupul Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    WordPress is better in terms of seo. You can get free hosting. No need to invest for hosting.

pupul, Oct 27, 2011 IP
  5. wordpecker

wordpecker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress is better than Blogger due to availability of plugins and URL pattern (paramlinks in wordpress blog are much more SEO friendly like "xyz.com/i am a beginner" is far better than "xyz.com/2011/10/i am a beginner.html") and no control over robot.txt Since you are starting a new blog and purchasing a custom domain it will not cost you much to buy cheap shared hosting which will cost you at most $12/ year. As your blog is new not much of traffic will come and shared hosting can be negotiated till you get decent load of traffic..

wordpecker, Oct 27, 2011 IP
  6. prasxz

prasxz Peon

Best Answers:
    if you don;t have hosting account then blogger is the best but if you have your own domain and hosting WP is the best

prasxz, Oct 27, 2011 IP
  7. indexhtml

indexhtml Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress. It also has more options for growth as you develop your website ad online presence.

Good luck.

indexhtml, Oct 27, 2011 IP
  8. gaurav.solanki

gaurav.solanki Peon

Best Answers:
    Wordpress is better option as compare to Blogger as it gives you easy and free tools.

gaurav.solanki, Oct 28, 2011 IP
  9. Ibrahim Kamrul Shafin

Ibrahim Kamrul Shafin Peon

Best Answers:
    Thankyou very much for your detailed answers guys. I think I should go for WordPress.

Thanks,
    Shafin.

Ibrahim Kamrul Shafin, Dec 21, 2011 IP