1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Building an amazon store

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Toon-c, Aug 11, 2011.

Hi

do you think buikding a "general" amazon store website is a good idea ?
    or you prefer niche websites ?

any thoughts ?

Toon-c, Aug 11, 2011 IP
  2. DreamingBig

DreamingBig Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think it's difficult to say because it all depends as to what you need and want done plus what type of business/products you are wanting to promote. I found that Amazon was easy with putting together but it takes time before you can get much money from it as the same with niche websites so...I'm not sure.

DreamingBig, Aug 14, 2011 IP
  3. J8000

J8000 Peon

Best Answers:
    You can also use the code that Amazon offers to create an Astore on your site. At least you know for sure that it will work. And ofcourse a niche is better than a general store. If people want a general store they go to Amazon.com themselfs.

J8000, Aug 15, 2011 IP
  4. saladflorida

saladflorida Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i would prefer niche site. the optimization is easier and you can user keyword on domain

saladflorida, Aug 15, 2011 IP
  5. bamstk090

bamstk090 Banned

Best Answers:
    i prefer niche site because it will easy to get visitor with SEO
    but if you can optimize general store and get good position at google that will be good

bamstk090, Aug 16, 2011 IP
  6. classicmario

classicmario Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I was selling on a niche site, results were a little slow though, guess it was just maybe the wrong niche!

classicmario, Aug 16, 2011 IP
  7. frankiestyles

frankiestyles Peon

Best Answers:
    My experience has taught me niche works better every time. The way I always do it is to have one main niche line of products, say coffee machines, then 1 perhaps 2 other related lines of products such as coffee grinders and cups in this example, but I make sure to deliberately keeps the amount of these secondary items low so the search engines pick up on the main niche first and rank it for the related keywords. Its a method that has worked time and time again both with visitors and the SE's

frankiestyles, Aug 19, 2011 IP
  8. ki12

ki12 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Niche websites are better. You just have to pick a profitable niche to work with.

ki12, Sep 19, 2011 IP
  9. javac

javac Peon

Best Answers:
    i like your comment

javac, Sep 19, 2011 IP
  10. BlogsAboutCrap

BlogsAboutCrap Peon

Best Answers:
    Niche all the way. But you can't just create an Amazon Store and expect to make money. You have to put in time to create high-quality content to get people to your site/blog in the first place before you can even dream of making money with an Amazon store.

BlogsAboutCrap, Sep 30, 2011 IP
  11. Alie

Alie Peon

Best Answers:
    I think this is the best option, I agree, and until now I still use the options on this one

Alie, Sep 30, 2011 IP
  12. Tecca

Tecca Peon

Best Answers:
    I would go niche and sell them with the articles that would be written to make the sale.

Tecca, Sep 30, 2011 IP
  13. freshdevelopment

freshdevelopment Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You can combine the two into a niche store. With a store site you will get a longer cookie, higher baskets and higher conversions.

freshdevelopment, Oct 27, 2011 IP
  14. vagrant

vagrant Peon

Best Answers:
    That won't give you a longer cookie on amazon.

vagrant, Oct 27, 2011 IP
  15. freshdevelopment

Best Answers:
    Yes it will. By using a remote shopping cart the products are saved in the users basket on Amazon and stay there for 90 days. If the user buys the product at any time the commission is still awarded. More info here: http://blog.freshstorebuilder.com/amazon-stores-amazon-review-blog

freshdevelopment, Oct 27, 2011 IP
  16. vagrant

vagrant Peon

Best Answers:
    That is only for products entered into the basket on amazon, NOT your site. They have to still click through to amazon.

It does not affect the cookie, or other items added on another day/session, only items added into the amazon basket and only once they paid. The cookie stops when added to the basket and they leave amazon, in so far as if they return to add other things the cookie is not valid on new items.

If they do not click through to amazon, and only leave them in the basket on your site amazon does not even know about them.

It is also any item added to the amazon basket, even from direct links to products, so again it is NOT the remote basket on your site that makes the difference, it is adding the item to the amazon basket that is needed.

To say having a basket on your site increases the cookie to 90 days is just NOT true, at least in the 14 years i have been with amazon.

Most people who add items to the amazon basket pay within a couple of days, else they remove the items.

Most of the items i find added to orders are not niche related, ie they buy a book and add a pair of shoes, or buy a dvd. sending users direct to the basket means those other items would not be added as they then tend to checkout and pay thus not to browse amazon once sent to the basket.

Items added to the amazon basket stay there for 90 days = true.
    Items added to a stores basket stay on amazon for 90 days, or even sets a cookie = not true, they still need to click through to amazon and that store remote basket will then add them then.

Someone clicks through a single link to a book (or what ever) and adds several items to the amazon basket they still remain available in the amazon basket for 90 days.

When i was making £600+ a month a few years ago using a modified mr.rat script i found i made more the sooner i got them to amazon, without the basket, since amazon are better at up selling, and most people added things unrelated to niche sites given the chance, but it took one of Nintendos posts for me to realise that, and it still tends to be true. I went from less than 100 a month to 600+ by not using the basket. Of course these days stores just don't get the traffic mainly due to all the wording amazon insist on when you use the api since search engines have an easy target with the text to look for.

To sum up, it is the adding to the amaozn basket on the amazon site that allows payment if those items are paid for and dispached within 90 days. A remote basket will not give a magic 90 day cookie, tho possibly in Ibiza it is different :rolleyes:

vagrant, Oct 27, 2011 IP
  17. freshdevelopment

Best Answers:
    It would be very generous (and foolish!) of Amazon to allow you to set a cookie without visiting their site! :D

It is true. The customer goes to your store, adds to basket, clicks through to Amazon and then the products are in their actual Amazon basket. The products stay in their basket for 90 days. Also if the customer logs in after 30 days, the products stay in the basket for a further 90 days.

It is actually better than a Cookie, as the basket is saved against the persons account (if it is available) so even if the user uses a different computer, clears browser cookies etc. the sale is still attributed to you.

They sound like big assumptions... what research did you get those facts from?

It is worth noting that the 24 hour cookie also still stands when using a remote shopping cart, so when the user is directed from your store to Amazon they can still browse around and buy more items (for 24 hours) and they will be credited to you. Just because they are redirect to the shopping cart doesn't mean they won't click the many "upsells" that Amazon provide and do so well.

Sounds like another big assumption based on old experiences with no backup. In my split testing across the same niches and with all things being equal I found stores convert much higher than flat sites, and with bigger baskets.

Things have changed a lot since the days of Mr.Rats script... you should keep an open mind to changing your methods.

A lot of things are different in Ibiza :D

At the end of the day it is your preference on what method you use. I have run Amazon stores successfully for almost 5 years and know for a fact they work better, and like to help others on this forum where I can to achieve the success I have. Whether you listen to my advice or not is up to you.

freshdevelopment, Oct 28, 2011 IP
  18. mecanique

mecanique Member

Best Answers:
    it all depends as to what you sell

mecanique, Oct 30, 2011 IP
  19. saimned

saimned Peon

Best Answers:
    can i earn money more from amazon store i use amazon stroe bu but i donot provide me any benifit

saimned, Nov 5, 2011 IP
  20. myjumj

myjumj Peon

Best Answers:
    nice keyword....

myjumj, Nov 8, 2011 IP