1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Joining Occupy Wall Street

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Nima, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/report-acorn-is-secretly-helping-organize-fund-the-occupy-movement/
    http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/acorn-behind-occupy-movement-right-wing-media-charges/
    http://www.catholic.org/politics/story.php?id=43412
    http://biggovernment.com/jpollak/20...-acorn-role-in-occupys-next-assault-on-banks/
    http://nation.foxnews.com/acorn/201...rn-playing-behind-scenes-role-occupy-movement
    https://www.google.com/url?url=http...sg=AFQjCNGM_cwsjcwViWzeeU-y5Sh0BuRj4A&cad=rja

Sorry that should have said $500 thousand... http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203687504577000320434317092.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

This is not true democracy Nima. This is mob rule and a form of force coercion and annoyance tactics; a page right out of the Saul Alinsky playbook with regard to community organizing.

In a true democracy everyone has a voice and everyone votes on every decision. I have challenge for you. If you really believe that these people are protesting for something you believe in, why not ask some of them just what it is they are protesting or believe in?

I think you'd be very surprised by the answers. Most of them have not got a clue.

Thefts
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Occ...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...ttTsDw&usg=AFQjCNFYG1svEOV7Q7ItIF8iItJ1JGhsHA
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...ttTsDw&usg=AFQjCNF-0t0q42HybGXRAjfrbl1a0j9wEQ
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...ttTsDw&usg=AFQjCNHaY7mTl9vpLPyuU-68dVZyZnb7bA
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...ttTsDw&usg=AFQjCNFpM12PtYoWHs7L0He7hhbUIgrhwg
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...ttTsDw&usg=AFQjCNETIxlbJy8p8H8DG10aeVZUVQNA1A

Hell, many of these protesters are robbing from each other. And the stench of urine and other garbage, body odor, etc?

Mia, Oct 27, 2011 IP
  2. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Of course it's about personal gain, I'm not here to live anybody else's life than my own and your the same. It's a selfish, unfair, cruel world. We're lot living in fucking wonderland, some people need to wake up and smell the coffee. You don't hear antelope crying about how lions are always trying to kill and eat them, those nasty lions why the fuck am I not a lion, I wanna be like them and be the big winging dick of the animal kingdom.

Nobody is born equal everybody has their own abilities, that's unfair. That creates unfairness, life is unfair. Go fucking cry about it. Good luck.

Just for shits and giggles, here's a whiner.

[video=youtube;Y28yFxLydzU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y28yFxLydzU[/video]

Seqqa, Oct 27, 2011 IP
  3. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    $1000 says that lady is NOT paying her share now!

Mia, Oct 27, 2011 IP
  4. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You do realize the theft links are about other people stealing from #OWS camps. right?

Also, ACORN? really? All your links are about one Fox new report that they allegedly talked to someone who claimed to be from ACORN getting paid $10 an hour to hold signs. And then you claim that ACORN or funding #OWS? They don't need anyone's funding. They are not buying any lobbyists (referring to Tea Party and every other political party here).

You say they are mobs? If you truly believe that, then all I can tell you is that I'm sorry and you're wrong. for one hour, turn Fox News and the right wing blogs (AND CNN and MSNBC and the left media) off and go to one of their locations and talk to them. I have.

This is indeed democracy. When your powers in elections are taken away from you by corruption people have no choice but to protest and they are doing it the most civilized way.

Have you see the Oakland video?

Nima, Oct 27, 2011 IP
  5. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Really? You might want to go back and read the constitution one more time.

Nima, Oct 27, 2011 IP
  6. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So you believe someone with an IQ of 60 and someone with an IQ of 120 are equal, have equal ability and are valued the same? You are seriously deluded. Go back to whatever world you exist in because it isn't this one.

Seqqa, Oct 27, 2011 IP
  7. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They are certainly not valued the same. However they do (SHOULD) have the exact same rights in the society.

If you have issues with equal rights pick a different thread to spend your time. Thanks

Nima, Oct 27, 2011 IP
  8. Blue Star Ent.

Blue Star Ent. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Well, the "Occupy Orlando" turned out bad, but also made the wrong people mad : LINK

Some of the rich would love to turn this into their own shindig. I do not think they can. :)

For those of you who are quiet, enjoy your chains. They will be getting heavier if your fellow citizens
    are not successful.

[​IMG]

Be careful !

Blue Star Ent., Oct 27, 2011 IP
  9. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I thought this was a funny picture. She's with her rescue dogs. :)

316714_2502540608705_1408664571_2984991_492917712_n.jpg

This was on the photo section of the Facebook page for Occupy Wall St.

Rebecca, Oct 27, 2011 IP
    Nima likes this.
  10. Blue Star Ent.

Best Answers:

One man's delusion is another man's truth. It is quite possible that the man with an IQ of 60 is a better man than the IQ 120. IQ has nothing to do with the value of a human.

Read this :

True leaders are not afraid of free thinkers.

Nima likes this.
  11. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Yes, as in other protesters... ;)

The people running the protests, organizing them, etc. are all former Acorn employees. I don't need a calculator to put two and two together.
    And yes, they do need funding. You see the people in the Tea Party have jobs and earn a living themselves. They are independent thinkers and hard workers.

The hand full of predominantly unemployed students from occupy land need to eat. The rest, well they need to eat too - for other . The hippies? They're just there to get stoned, defecate in public and rob the dumb ass college students.

Yes, they are mobs. That's why they are getting arrested. Wow, you keep citing Fox News a lot. What's with that?

I've been to their "locations", and that is why I told you before if you actually asked any of them what its all about, you'd be really surprised by the answers, or lack of response.

No, its not democracy. It's an angry mob of college kids and hippies, all led by a government funded group to attempt create unrest through propaganda.

No powers have been taken away by any election. Keep in mind that power was in the hands of Obama and his administration totally and completely without check for some time. If there's anyone to blame, it's those protesting who put him there.

Yes. I only wish they were using real bullets. It would make it much more prime time and entertaining.

Mia, Oct 27, 2011 IP
  12. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Please leave this thread to the rest of us. Thanks for your comments so far.

Nima, Oct 27, 2011 IP
  13. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not talking about sentimental value. I'm talking about economical value, a person who has an IQ of 60 will on average have a lower net worth, lower income and will generally be poorer than someone with an IQ of 120. Therefore we're not created equal, if we were created equal we'd all look the same, have the same IQ, have the same hair and eye color and all be able to do the same job. We'd also all equally be wealthy, but throughout both humanity and the animal kingdom, those who are unlucky enough to be one of the lower ranks get picked off as easy pickings. The lions don't look for the hardest kill, they look for the weakest and pick that off. That's all that happen in society, those who are more intelligent exploit those who are intellectually lower then them for personal gain.

Everybody has their place in society you'll get people who will become millionaires from nothing, you'll get people who will drive themselves into poverty. But who's fault is that... nobodies! Just unlucky you're not blessed with a high enough IQ and emotional maturity to help yourself.

So let me know when you have a plan to solve social inequality. I mean should we start making beautiful people ugly so we can all be equally ugly together, I mean tell us what we should do?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
    Seqqa, Oct 27, 2011 IP
  14. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Psst... the doc you're looking for is the Declaration of Independence.

[video=youtube;V8lT1o0sDwI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lT1o0sDwI[/video]

robjones, Oct 27, 2011 IP
  15. alstar70

alstar70 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the problem goes back to the very basics. People lack the opportunity to be self sufficient. They get sold a bill of goods on they must have the consumer lifestyle and find themselves nothing but debt slaves. Bush stuffed it up when he changed your bankruptcy laws. In an economy built on fiat money creation you've got to have bankruptcy or the fake money supply never gets reduced. It was far better to have some individuals go bankrupt every year, than have the whole system need to go bankrupt to have a reset. I wish you could get a block of land and just live off the land - no wonder the early settlers loved the new world - don't like it - just head west, the problem with America is there is no longer a frontier.

alstar70, Oct 27, 2011 IP
  16. CalebSpilchen

CalebSpilchen Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hello,

I'll start off by being open about my relationship with the Occupy's, I run the twitter account @OccupyCanada, and am also @CalebNewz which has feed occupywallstreet since day #1, and also has contacts on the ground at several Occupy's who have been reporting for me.

First of all, let me commend the OP, on going out to OccupyDallas, this is a great event to attend, in that it will allow him to stand up for his rights. Although dangerous, as learned in OccupyOakland, where POLICE SHOT A MAN WHO FOUGHT FOR HIS COUNTRY, people are still going out to occupy for change. You should probably read this if you think that the people occupyin' are just hippies:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...sters-streets-NYC-solidarity-Scott-Olsen.html

If you're an american, he fought for you, he server two tours for you, and now he is fighting at home, with the American people for a better America. In return, he receives Police Brutality, from those same police that he fought for. Is that what happens in a democratic country? I must have missed something.. But I didn't get the memo that the US was a police state.. Our cops have done nothing CLOSE to the atrocities as occupy's grow across Canada.. in fact, we have had 0 arrests.

Moving on.. An occupy is about standing up for your democratic right to protest, and STAYING THERE, the idea is that YOU ARE NOT LEAVING till change happens. That idea, is what I, for lack of a better word, would consider "ballzy", because your now occupying an area, disrupting people, until change calms.. although harsh, it is probably the best way to get change.

Remember, these aren't just people who ARE HIPPIES, ARE HOMELESS, or however you people would like to stereotype them.. nah, these are people, who WORK, who want to live.. But end up getting screwed by big bankers, like BOA, etc... And now are stuck about to lose their home and jobless.. I'm sure bankers could give a hand with all that bailout money they got... but you see that ever happening? ha!

The point is this.. In any democratic country, we all have a right to protest. In my honest opinion, you have a right to Occupy. Instead of bringing your thoughts, of occupying a soup kitchen, which MY FRIENDS at #ows have accomplished (They give food to the homeless walking by...), or your ideas of occupyin best buy and wal mart (both illegal), how about you pat on the back the OP, for STANDING Up for a better America.. a better country for you.

I logged in today, not having logged in for almost 2 months.. I never post here.. I logged in to browse through, but I felt compelled when I saw this post, to tell the OP, how much I appreciate him standing up.. and to let everyone know WHY he stood up.

Peace Out,

Caleb Spilchen

CalebSpilchen, Oct 27, 2011 IP
  17. Blue Star Ent.

Best Answers:

Neither am I. I am talking about inherent value. It leads into asking basic questions that are not the topic of this thread. It leads into asking things like, "Why is a human more valuable than an ape?". We eat cows. We kill cows
    and eat them, they are animals. Humans are not animals. They have an inherent value in themselves simply because
    they are human. Why? ( No I am not looking for an answer from you. )

See the statement above. The amount of money in a man or woman's pocket does not determine their inherent worth. They are precious simply because they are a member of the human race.

Again, you are giving a person their inherent value based on the amount of money they make. Disgusting. :eek:

That is an easy one: Love your neighbor as yourself. Done.

18. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Cheers to that

Nima, Oct 27, 2011 IP
  19. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Apparently homeless people are not part of the 99%.

In other humorous news, the official OccupyWallSt.org forum will no longer allow you to type in the name Ron Paul. Try it yourself. Entering the name Ron Paul in a post will have the name Paul replaced with Lawl. Apparently they have had enough of all this talk about Dr. Paul.

Obamanation, Oct 27, 2011 IP
  20. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Okay, I did. You're right. What a Shame. Censorship. I guess I can say it here, -- Ron Paul!!! :)

p.s. I just went over to the Ron Paul forum to see what they're saying. There is a thread about it (the censorship of his name), but they also say OWS created this Wiki clone site, and made a page for Ron Paul: "Ron Paul is an enemy of the People and Truth"

I don't like everything about Ron Paul, but I do like a great deal about him. That Wiki page is complete and total crap.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
    Rebecca, Oct 27, 2011 IP