1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

For Sale MyDataJob.com $310,000 in 7 Months

Discussion in 'Sites' started by marksworld, Nov 3, 2006.

Greetings Everyone,
    Have a big sale here, a couple of rules. I don't want any skeptics coming in here, if you are not interested in actually buying the site, do NOT make a post in here. The is a REAL site with a very large income, this site is going to be priced for a quick sale. Do not flame or badger this sale.

Other than that lets have a clean auction, here are the details:

I AM SELLING THE SITE FOR Less than 6 months worth the Income, INSANE I KNOW.

MyDataJob.com is a membership based site that charges users 49.99, in exchange for information on how to make money "typing" on the internet. We refer to the site as a 'data entry' type of a website. Their used to be a lot of websites out like this one, we were all on clickbank. Around 1 month ago, clickbank decided to remove all sites pertaining to 'data entry', so we went and found our own merchant processor, and did over $32,000 in profits without clickbank in the month of October.

We have a membership newsletter with over 20,000 subscribers that double-opted in and received an autoresponder sales letter for 7 days as well. This database and email sending program will be included. We have NEVER tried to sell any other programs on our site.

The sale will include a non-disclosure agreement as well as a purchase agreement between myself and the buyer.

For those of you who will ask the question, I am sure someone will ask anyways, "Why in the World Are you Selling this Site and Why for So Cheap?"

This site requires around 2 hours a day to manage, meaning every day I have to take time out to do this or hire someone to do it. If I hire someone to do it, then I will have to manage them and make sure they are doing everything that I would do to sustain proper income. That would probably be more than 2 hours a day of management.

That being said, I am starting numerous amounts of new projects that require both my time and monetary funding, these projects include: Starting a high end recording studio in the Seattle Area, GPS Personal Tracking Devices and online tracking, Custom Home Developement Projects and last but not least the startup of a multi-million dollar unique gym chain.

So you can understand why I would want to release a site like this from my portfolio. The reason I am selling this site for so cheap is due to the nature of the site, and to sell it as QUICKLY as possible. Basically the first person to meet the BIN will get the site immediately upon payment. Also, I don't really know of a lot of people that would be able to afford placing close to $500,000 down to pay for this site, therefore I am pricing this for an easy purchase for those that may have a little bit less. This will speed things up, and obviously give the option to purchase to more people.

I am NOT willing to do payments of any sort, I would rather suck it up and keep the site for myself. I am looking for someone with 1 lump sum.

I am sure I will be able to write a book one day about how I sold a half a million dollar plus valued site for $180k, thats ok!

Good luck to everyone and I will answer any questions via PM and good questions via the forum.

For those of you who will post stupid questions they will just be deleted.

What Work is Involved with the Site?
    I should let it be known, that this site can be operated without any work at all, it will run on autopilot. I typically like to answer everyones emails and get back to people as soon as I can, so that requires around 2 hours of work a day. You also should be using this time to check over stats make sure everything is running ok. Sometimes adwords or yahoo need a little tweaking, but other than that its extremely easy to run.

Will you provide support?
    Of course, I will provide any needed support for the transfer of the site, operations and sustaining high profits.

I am also going to list this site on digitalpoint forums, wickedfire, and some others. I plan on this being a quick sale due to selling teh site for less than 6 months profits
    Revenue Details:

The site does around $1500-$2000 a day in sales, and has been consistantly doing this for close to 7-8 months now. It is very simple, the site charges 49.99 per person so you do the math.

I will upload screenshots of revenue from both Clickbank.com and Authorize.net so that you may see exactly the income the sites have been making.

I will also provide screenshots from Google and Yahoo Advertising programs, in which I spend close to $10,000 a month in advertising.

Traffic Details:

All traffic comes from either Google or Yahoo advertising programs and thats it. We pay around $300 a day with Google and $100 with Yahoo.

Will Provide screenshots after listing this.

Here are the links to all the screenshots:
    http://www.sitepoint.com/marketplace/viewauctionattachment.php?auctionid=2395&attachmentid=2836
    http://www.sitepoint.com/marketplace/viewauctionattachment.php?auctionid=2395&attachmentid=2837
    http://www.sitepoint.com/marketplace/viewauctionattachment.php?auctionid=2395&attachmentid=2838
    http://www.sitepoint.com/marketplace/viewauctionattachment.php?auctionid=2395&attachmentid=2839

Also here is the link to the sitepoint marketplace
    [​IMG]

I will gladly answer any reasonable questions, good luck!

marksworld, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  2. marketing

marketing Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Hello -

I looked over the site a little and had a few questions.

- The users are paid for their work by you or by the companies that they work for?

- You stated that you are now doing this work or providing work for your members without using clickbank, but your site states that you still use them...which is true?

- I take it that your members pay the membership fee, and then you provide them with a list of companies that will pay them an affiliate % of any sale they make (thus the clickbank factor)...which in turn they go on google adwords and post ads promoting their url. Do you run into any TOS violations with clickbank or any other companies you use by charging a membership fee for a service that is offered by them for free? Do you have any legal agreements with these companies to ensure that this service will continue to your members uninterrupted?

- Any other forms of revenue for the site other than the one time membership fee that your clients pay you? I know you said to "do the math" but how many members does the site currently have and how many new members (on average) do you receive signups and payment for daily?

I have a investment group that could be interested in a venture like this, but I would need to know more information not only on what is provided but in the security and relationship with the companies that provide the "bread and butter" for a membership website. Hard to make a decision involving that much money without knowing exactly how the website functions and what is provided to the paying members. I realize you may not want to release all the information without a non-compete agreement, but again...hard to think seriously about this without knowing more of the inner workings.

Shoot me an PM or post here the answers to the above questions. Sorry if they fall in the "stupid questions" category, but I need to know a few answers to determine if this is something I want to bring up with the group or not.

Thanks -

Marketing

marketing, Nov 3, 2006 IP
    Foggy likes this.
  3. ly2

ly2 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Are you in any type of legal problems with this site? Will the new owner be responsible for them if you are? When I googled MyDataJob.com, many fraud and scam reports/claims came up.

Can you guarantee the new owner wouldn't be responsible for any legal issues up to this point?

ly2, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  4. renew1234

renew1234 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Can you guarantee the new owner wouldn't be responsible for any legal issues up to this point?

renew1234, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  5. ing

ing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Does the "data entry" work you offer to members involve them having to write (and pay for) PPC adverts to sell clickbank products??

ing, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  6. marketing

marketing Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    after reviewing the information regarding your site on google I am withdrawing my interest.

Good Luck.

marketing, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  7. marksworld

marksworld Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for your interest everyone. The Site has Sold. Something to remember about the bad comments on front of Google. Those are a very FEW amount of upset customers. The product is legitimate, and it is well worth its price. We have sold the product to THOUSANDS of customers, and we have plenty of success stories.

Thanks to the buyer for a clean sale!

marksworld, Nov 3, 2006 IP