1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need a Mentor

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Crystal_Jobs, Oct 21, 2011.

Hi DP members:

It's very hard to admit this cold truth, but I need a mentor in my online efforts.

Before now, I have really made some cash as a content creator. I was selling my articles at $5 for about 500 words in the Internet Marketing niche. I stopped for a while (about 6 months), and to my utter dismay, my articles are beginning to drag whereas I am incurring more overhead cost.

My core strengths are reading, writing and researching. Please, I need a friendly hand to guide me right now.

Thanks everybody. God bless you.

Crystal_Jobs, Oct 21, 2011 IP
  2. wounded1987

wounded1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you should develop a strong network of content sites along with a business for content writing.... I think what you would really need is seo experience and some capital perhaps. maybe write an ebook or something.

wounded1987, Oct 21, 2011 IP
  3. Crystal_Jobs

Crystal_Jobs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks. You are right.

4. Crystal_Jobs

Best Answers:
    How do you think writing ab ebook will help me?

5. jeffbeer

jeffbeer Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting to have found your post. I'm currently going through an almost identical situation. I have been considering having someone being that mentor for me as well. However I think just having a supportive group as your go-to for advice would be just as effective. I'm open to start a mastermind group, if you'd be interested in that :)

jeffbeer, Oct 21, 2011 IP
  6. sambling

sambling Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    You should do a blog, if writing is your passion. Focus all your efforts onto that one site and advertise it. I'm sure you'll get something from it.

sambling, Oct 21, 2011 IP
  7. Crystal_Jobs

Best Answers:
    Sincerely, I am interested. Let me know what your plans are like. Thank you.

@sambling Thanks for the tip. Even if I have to focus on blogging, I think I need a mentor to help me through.

8. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well you have to think about this one . Why would anyone mentor you ? Why would anyone invest time and energy into you instead of using those resources to make more money ?

ApocalypseXL, Oct 22, 2011 IP
  9. Sensei.Design

Sensei.Design Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Looks strange me quoting you telling you are right and asked the right questions :p but regarding the topic:

I don't think your way is to set up a network of sites or a blog as this will include way more then writing so I guess the best way for you is to freelance join some freelance sites and try to find some longterm customers and build a name including a website.

And you need to understand nobody will share his knowledge with you for free, think about what you can offer in return and maybe you can learn this way.

Sensei.Design, Oct 22, 2011 IP
  10. sambling

sambling Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    What about a partnership with somebody???

sambling, Oct 22, 2011 IP
  11. fabro84

fabro84 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you could easily write an ebook and start a website both related to the same niche. You have a lot of possibilities with your writing and researching skills. Just send me a message if you need some help.

fabro84, Oct 22, 2011 IP
  12. awcguy

awcguy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Crystal - I think the question of why did you stop in the first place needs to be addressed because you are likely to stop again.

A Successful mentor will cost you money and you need to pay it.. for one simple reason.. when you are paying for a service you are more likely to follow through since it is taking your valued resource ( $ ). A mentor takes away the mystery and directs you..

I would also like to add- you probably already know what he will tell you.. but that is another issue... another time

awcguy, Oct 22, 2011 IP
  13. ronharper

ronharper Peon

Best Answers:
    Freelancing might be hard actually. Competition is massive and a lot of people have already established themselves through the years.

And yes, what awcguy said is right, the successful mentors of internet marketing usually just want to make even more money by extorting from you. If you want a cheaper fix, buy a product guide (there's a lot on the Internet) and use it as a starting point. Just make sure you're buying a quality one and not one of those crappy "special offers" from other sites...

ronharper, Oct 22, 2011 IP
  14. wounded1987

Best Answers:
    i think it's obvious if you try to freelance you will be probably be spending your time as underpaid and even without any business or brand that can level you up.
    however if you invest your writing skills into a product, say a website with content, it can be more profitable.

I would do both writing to earn money as freelancer, and also side projects on new sites as a writer, then invest that money carefully into the side projects, as the side project grows and it generates you income you can focus more on your high paying clients, and offer better service. eventually your content network site will bring clients to your main writing brand and thus demand for your writing services will increase and reputation as well, in which that point you can increase your pricings for writing services.

but the most important point of all, is to writie a proper plan and why you think this is going to work, a plan should be like a business plan of 10-20 pages of deep thinking into the steps you are going to take and the profit projection.

as far as ebook is concerned, perhaps it can be an even easier task then creating a website, in a website you need to market it, and invest more money.

however an ebook is a product byitself, while content on your site is free, and you will probably profit from ads on your site, for an ebook you can sell it, and thus maybe easier to project profits. you can sell ebooks from clickbank.com

so I think a good ebook can be an easier to achieve but i'm not sure.

wounded1987, Oct 23, 2011 IP
  15. Crystal_Jobs

Best Answers:
    Wow!

I did not know I would get so much response. Thanks everybody. I probably need to come up with a written plan as said. I have always had plans but never wrote them down.
    I have always been reluctant to sell an ebook. Is it not going to need a whole lot of marketing aside putting the ebook on a site like clickbank?

Crystal_Jobs, Oct 23, 2011 IP
  16. Sensei.Design

Sensei.Design Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    This always depends on the topic of the ebook, the cut you are offering and the question if you are able to attract pro affiliates to promote your ebook. Without it will be hard to sell your ebook at all. You can also try BST here on DP ;)

Sensei.Design, Oct 24, 2011 IP
  17. wounded1987

Best Answers:
    yea you will need to focus on bringing affiliates to promote your product, if it's something good and useful perhaps it could work.

wounded1987, Oct 26, 2011 IP
  18. braincandy

braincandy Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you guys both still looking for a mentor?

We can help you move forward. We offer training courses, private members forum and live 1-1 support via skype.

If you would like to talk feel free to add us on skype.

All The Best
    Matt

braincandy, Jan 12, 2012 IP