1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PCI Compliance for Level 3 Vendor, Under $20 Million

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by johnegood, Oct 18, 2011.

I researched in the beginning of 2009 that I needed to get PCI compliance testing done. But, I never have.

As a side story, I tasked my engineering team to take care of it and that spoke to one vendor who talked us into a whole comarketing thing in which they guaranteed our site and put their bug all over it guaranteeing that it would improve our conversion rate. It didn't improve the rate at all. They made some changes. No improvement. We insisted on getting our money back. Eventually we did but only after a huge investment of time and energy. We were so turned off by the experience that we haven't looked at PCI compliance since then.

But, as a level 3 vendor, under $20 Million in revenue, and I never get the credit cards here (they go right to my vendor), what is my responsibility for PCI compliance? Can anyone point me towards the rules on this?

johnegood, Oct 18, 2011 IP
  2. jollyjollyjolly

jollyjollyjolly Peon

Best Answers:
    your vendor should have a 9 point sheet for you. If you call them thats the best way. If you dont have recurring payments or onsite cc info and do ccv you should be good. Make them do the work. Thats what you are paying them for ;')

jollyjollyjolly, Oct 20, 2011 IP
  3. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Can you explain the relationship with your vendor, and or how you accept cards? Do you control any of the equipment, networks, systems, physical locations, etc. where card holder data would cross at any time?

jestep, Oct 20, 2011 IP