1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

why css is more important?

Discussion in 'CSS' started by nicolefountain, Sep 22, 2011.

please tell me, only css use for design layout nothing else ?

nicolefountain, Sep 22, 2011 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    That is all its intended to control. You can have a different css for viewing on a screen and for printing. What else would you like the CSS to do?

sarahk, Sep 25, 2011 IP
  3. Peter Davis

Peter Davis Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah css is more important because with the help of css we can save our time and it also give good colours and graphics.

Peter Davis, Sep 29, 2011 IP
  4. shivgupta0001

shivgupta0001 Peon

Best Answers:
    it makes the work more systematic and easy because you can work on different commands being used again and again on css. u have to give the command only once in css

shivgupta0001, Sep 30, 2011 IP
  5. karthimx

karthimx Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Its the backbone of design. Without pillar building will not stand properly, similar to that without CSS design will break up.

karthimx, Sep 30, 2011 IP
  6. you-me

you-me Peon

Best Answers:
    CSS is important because is give more freedom to develop more attractive page with less images and tables.

you-me, Oct 2, 2011 IP
  7. DanielJames

DanielJames Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    CSS is very handy in increasing attractiveness in your website and give a strong view in-fornt of other about your website.

DanielJames, Oct 3, 2011 IP
  8. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    It's important because it creates threads on DP that drag on and on for years with nonsense, repetitive posts.

drhowarddrfine, Oct 3, 2011 IP
  9. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Could someone translate this thread into ENGLISH for me? I literally cannot decipher any post here except for our resident stooge fan's one...

IF you are asking "why is it important to use CSS to create my layout" and "why shouldn't I put presentation in my HTML" -- then the answer is simple; there's more to creating a website than creating a crappy fixed width for desktop machines and saying "close enough" and walking away. While I realize 90% of developers out there shit out websites without even ATTEMPTING to use the MEDIA attribute, one of the entire reasons to use CSS is the ability to target different systems with DIFFERENT layouts using the same HTML...

That means a custom layout for print so you aren't wasting their ink on stuff that's pointless to print (like say... menus)... It means switching a multi-column layout to a single column for handhelds.... It means being able to switch from two columns to three columns if you like when the screen is really big. It means if you bothered using semantic markup to say what things are INSTEAD of what they look like that people for whom your screen.css means jack ******* **** will get a meaningful and usable page. (Screen readers, search engines, people who disable CSS to save bandwidth or don't have it fully available on things like cheap mobile).

Separating out your presentation (CSS) from your content (HTML) also means simpler HTML to maintain, and even better you exploit caching models meaning you can use less bandwidth. External CSS stylesheets are CACHED across pages, so all your like elements that share the same styling will use less bandwidth than if you crap out a page full of FONT, CENTER, STYLE and all that other presentational asshattery that has no business being on a website after 1998.

But of course, some people still have to be dragged kicking and screaming into this century -- which of course is where HTML 5 comes in as that's carefully crafted to allow the people who STILL over a decade later are vomiting up HTML 3.2 and slapping a tranny doctype on it, can now just vomit up a mish-mash of code any old way undoing all the progress STRICT tried to give us. Nothing like instead of slapping people for crappy code, you just legitimize the practice.

deathshadow, Oct 15, 2011 IP
  10. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Well said. I've been pointing that out for years.

drhowarddrfine, Oct 15, 2011 IP
  11. uleesgold

uleesgold Member

Best Answers:
    Its much easier to learn CSS for design rather than Flash, for example. (although with Flash you can make more complex animations)

but the fact that you can even make unsophisticated animations and transitions to begin with these days is a big blessing, since it is so easy to do...

But really, you should have worded this thread differently.
    "Why is CSS more important" it sort of doesn't make sense.
    Comparing to WHAT? Comparing to WHEN?

uleesgold, Oct 16, 2011 IP
  12. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    CSS is important because, without it, can you imagine how much worse the questions and answers on DP would be?! Look at them now and then imagine how much worse it could get!

drhowarddrfine, Oct 16, 2011 IP
  13. Profitable Websites

Profitable Websites Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can do more with less code... and it's less of a hassle to change a design element in one line of a css file, rather than doing a huge find-and-replace through the whole site.

Look into, 'descendant selectors'... they will save you TONS of time.

Profitable Websites, Oct 17, 2011 IP
  14. trendgfx

trendgfx Peon

Best Answers:
    The equation is simple guys:

With CSS:
    Woah, that's an amazing site.. you made it?! WTF! You're amazing! (spoken by a n00b)

Without CSS:
    Oh, yea... yea.. it's nice bro! So, wanna hear about the chick I banged last night? (spoken by the same n00b)

Wanna capture your friends, clients, colleagues or social groups to your website? CSS is the way!

trendgfx, Oct 17, 2011 IP