1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My site tops in Google but still no traffic

Discussion in 'Google' started by nuper17, Oct 15, 2011.

Hello fellow Internet marketers, I just want to ask something about my site. www.bestonlinebusinessguide.net is topping the search results in Google for the keyword "best online business". Using Google keyword tool, it says that the global monthly search was 33000. My supposed daily traffic should be around 800 if based on 75% of that total global monthly search. But my site gets lower than 50 visitors per day and mostly it comes from blog post pages and not from the home page.

I know that my site is not topping the search results mainly because of repeated Google searching because I use to search my site through Internet cafes which has different IPs. What seems to be the problem here? Any opinions are greatly appreciated.

nuper17, Oct 15, 2011 IP
  2. xaniagarcia

xaniagarcia Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe it tops only in you place, there are certain serp result in each country. Like google.com google.uk google.de that kind of thing i suppose

xaniagarcia, Oct 15, 2011 IP
  3. nuper17

nuper17 Peon

Best Answers:
    in google.com.ph (google philippines), it's ranked at third. Google.com, it ranks second to first. Definitely this results gives me a headaches. Have your tried searching it in your browser?

nuper17, Oct 15, 2011 IP
  4. revenue4u

revenue4u Member

Best Answers:
    You have your term in the title tag and also in the meta keywords, that is a good start. Unfortunately, visitors arrive expecting to find the "best online business" but instead they find general information and adsense ads. Fifty visitors a day is good but they are not finding what they searched for, so they simply move on. Rethink either your keywords or your page and make them match and compliment each other.

revenue4u, Oct 15, 2011 IP
  5. nuper17

nuper17 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your inputs but I think you misunderstood my question. People are not getting to my site in the homepage but instead through my blog post pages. This means that Google are giving me traffic from my blog posts. Those 50 visitors are not coming from the term "best online business" search results on Google because my home page impressions are very low (i think 10 of those 50 visitors).

nuper17, Oct 15, 2011 IP
  6. zelgly2

zelgly2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    zelgly2, Oct 15, 2011 IP
  7. pearl.garden

pearl.garden Active Member

Best Answers:
    maybe your keyword its not good on monthly local or global search, so very little that use your keyword on google SE

pearl.garden, Oct 15, 2011 IP
  8. revenue4u

revenue4u Member

Best Answers:
    I understand what you are saying. If your site is being shown on page 1 Serps for a keyword that people search for, you should be getting visits. My point was that you are getting some visits, albeit from s.e and blogs. You expect more natural s.e traffic. Great. The keyword phrase you offered was ""best online business". A visitor who was looking for the best online business should find that info on your site, but instead gets adsense and general info, ergo, a lost sale. Your site could use some SEO. Search Google for "Wordtracker's keywords tool & training videos", use the tools and watch the videos and you will understand what to do.

revenue4u, Oct 15, 2011 IP
  9. mGarg

mGarg Peon

Best Answers:
    Just make your homepage explore your site. Your site`s homepage is like an article and it lacks links. I think it is better if you make your blog archive tab your homepage.

mGarg, Oct 16, 2011 IP
  10. Abhik

Abhik ..:: The ONE ::..

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Google Keyword Tool provides just an assumption of the global/local search volume.
    It does no way guarantee a sure CTR btw.

Abhik, Oct 16, 2011 IP
  11. freelistfool

freelistfool Peon

Best Answers:
    The google keyword tool sums the results for a keyword phrase so the 33,000 monthly hits you're seeing for "best online business" also includes "best <pick a word> online business", etc. If you look at the results from the keyword tool you'll see a lot of variations on best online business. If you want to get the 33,000 monthly hits you need to build out pages for all the variations.

freelistfool, Oct 16, 2011 IP
  12. laceybeautiful

laceybeautiful Peon

Best Answers:
    I face also this type of difficulty because Google adword keyword tool result is not 100% accurate.

laceybeautiful, Oct 16, 2011 IP
  13. lizzycaplon

lizzycaplon Peon

Best Answers:
    then problem in your keyword, you not select the correct keyword.

lizzycaplon, Oct 16, 2011 IP
  14. metaksan

metaksan Peon

Best Answers:
    I am in the same opinion.
    IF you are in the first place and you do not have the traffic, it means that the word you have chosen simply is not the correct one...

metaksan, Oct 16, 2011 IP
  15. AndroidRoot

AndroidRoot Peon

Best Answers:
    Perhaps people are reading the descript and just not interested??? Also, perhaps those searches are NOT us, but elsewhere?

AndroidRoot, Oct 17, 2011 IP
  16. coniefoxdresses

coniefoxdresses Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe the most of your customer will not use search engine to find your product, you should analysis your target customer.

coniefoxdresses, Oct 17, 2011 IP
  17. Grimm

Grimm Peon

Best Answers:
    That's probably because no one is really searching much for "best online business". A more thorough keyword research would really help. Even if the keyword "looks and sounds" good, do you think many people would actually search for it? If you were to start a business online, would you directly type that keyword? If I was planning on starting a computer retail commerce-type website, would I still need to search for "best online business"?

There are a lot of things that you need to consider when it comes to choosing your keywords. It's just not the number and average search per month but more importantly, you should really focus on the trend and searchability of that keyword.

Grimm, Oct 17, 2011 IP
  18. digitalwebman06

digitalwebman06 Active Member

Best Answers:
    have you checked the result in other tools. i really don't get it because considering your position its obvious that you will get too many visitors from the search engine. but you are telling that you are getting visitors form blogs only not form the SE. i am really confused about your position.

digitalwebman06, Oct 17, 2011 IP
  19. nuper17

nuper17 Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for your inputs....

nuper17, Oct 19, 2011 IP
  20. enous

enous Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    try to search in other's computer or use IE..

enous, Oct 19, 2011 IP